TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

199e8d6ant8.jpg

My pick is The Alpha Male Monty Brown. I want a monster midcard baby face and he's perfect for that. He's amazingly charismatic and would fit in fine with the rest of my roster.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I need to pay more attention to people getting drafted. I thought for sure guys like Kronik and Petey Williams had been chosen already.

Just be glad you aren't moderating this thread. I've got people sending me their selections (with pictures) and it's been dizzying at times just keeping of who is and isn't available. Not complaining, though.

Well I was going to take Steen and Generico here becuase I figured they'd have been a good fit for my tag division. Since that's not going to happen...I decided to still finish off the tag teams. There's a specific thing that I'm looking for in my tag division and with this pick I'm happy that all 4 of my teams can match up with each other pretty well I think. It also completes my idea of LAX being the "dominant" team because Hernandez has a size advantage over the rest of the division...which will be cool when someone finally takes him down.

I'm well aware that my last 3 tag teams are all competing in the World X Cup tournament this month. It just happened that way.

Rey1.jpgUltimo1.jpg

Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero

In terms of overall importance, drawing power, and fame in the context of wrestling's history, Gorgeous George shoulda been a first rounder. Can't believe he lasted this long.

In the context of building a roster where we don't know what the fuck he can do in the ring he's a 12th rounder.

I was convinced someone else who was more geared towards the older guys would take him which was a different direction I was headed but I saw that he had lasted this long, I decided that I can make him fit in with my group in some manner. I probably have the most extreme difference in my top two heels with Gorgeous George and Raven.

Yeah. KKC and I had a conversation about that a little while back. It's less about finding the biggest name you can, and more about finiding the biggest name/best wrestler that fits what you're trying to build.

You also have to have a feel for the way the draft is working. If people are taking more modern US guys...and there's one you want...you have to jump on them. It's why I took MVP and Matt Hardy earlier when I did.

I still think a guy like George could easily fit in because you should only have to take in consideration of his personality. His act is still copied to this day and will always be a staple in professional wrestling. You might not have a frame of reference for a certain performer but if you can get a decent gauge on who he was and what he did, you should be able to work with that. It's not as if George worked a archaic style of wrestling, many of today's modern faces could probably work along with it. Most likely, I'll use George as a mid-card attraction simply because I know the works of my other probable main eventers much better.

For my next pick, I'm choosing a guy who is not only one of the best in-ring workers of all time but is also probably the best ever when it comes to getting good-to-great matches out of marginal talents. He's another Japanese legend, noted for his in-ring work and booking, but is most known for his complete unselfishness when it comes to putting the good of the promotion over his own ego; combined with his incredibly ability, that alone makes him a 'must have' for any roster. My next pick is....

04.jpg

Hiroshi Hase!

I've been thinking about taking this guy since I picked up Scorpio but figured I could wait. However with Tommy Dreamer going recently, I've decided to pick up The Sandman here. I was hoping to somehow get both of those guys but was afraid picking one would lead to someone nabbing the other. This way I got the one I preferred and don't have to worry about it anymore.

sandman2.jpg

I've been thinking about taking this guy since I picked up Scorpio but figured I could wait. However with Tommy Dreamer going recently, I've decided to pick up The Sandman here. I was hoping to somehow get both of those guys but was afraid picking one would lead to someone nabbing the other. This way I got the one I preferred and don't have to worry about it anymore.

sandman2.jpg

Damn. Sandman was my next pick. I had a writeup, complete with photo and everything. Damn.

I didn't see 'em taken so I'm going with another team to bolster my ranks and to compete with the likes of LonDrick and xXx...

09.jpg

Kaz Hayashi and Yang the Jung Dragons

DAMNIT! I was hoping to snap them up to do battle against Richards and SD.

:angry:

EVERYONE STOP STEALING MY TEAMS!

This means you.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 241st selection...

The Washington Warrior himself...

Jack Evans

06.jpg

I like Evans because he can work either side: cocky heel who gets underneath the crowd's skin, or exciting babyface; possibly a protege of John Cena. And a strong addition to the Junior Heavyweight division.

Time to start a women's division, might as well start with a woman who could destroy every woman on the planet and even spawned a rough knock off that got drafted earlier in the thread...

ajakongcp9.jpg

Aja Kong

She'll Uraken you until you die.

Well, now I know something i've always wondered but never bothered to pick up on.

Somebody else and Aja Kong aren't the same person.

If you are talking about Amazing Kong then, uh, no.

She murders people with that Spinning Back Fist. It's one of the stiffest moves in wrestling.

I'm interested to see how many people thought of this man. He was responsible for training nearly every big Canadian wrestler that ever existed. With this selection I grab a guy that would sell out arenas in Canada.

stuhart.jpg

Stu Hart!

I'm interested to see how many people thought of this man. He was responsible for training nearly every big Canadian wrestler that ever existed. With this selection I grab a guy that would sell out arenas in Canada.

stuhart.jpg

Stu Hart!

Can't wait to see him stretch Shawn Michaels.