TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Okay, this wasn't who I wanted, but he fits well enough.

01.jpg

JT Smith. More of that comedic relief. He and Shark Boy in skits has potential.

With the next selection in the draft,

I'm going to go ahead and take a solid worker that definitely made his mark as a tag-team wrestler, although I'm going to use him as a singles star. The tag-team he was in is considered one of the more groundbreaking teams in modern wrestling history. As a singles, I'll use him as a solid mid-card face with a similar gimmick used during that particular tag-team run.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to select...

03.jpg

STEVE KEIRN

With my next pick in the Wrestling Draft I select...

06.jpg

Maven.

No seriously, I really thought this kid was good. He was respectable from Tough Enough and had some talent to offer to the WWE, and his showing at the 2002 Royal Rumble showed that.

Just a note for Drury, Skinner is off the board now. I know he loves those bad early 90's WWF gimmicks.

Oh I see that, thanks though.

You know I was actually thinking of picking Maven in one of these later rounds. It seemed like just as he was showing some good improvement in mic skills and ring work- WWE decided to release him.

Ah well- we'll always have that cool mini-angle with The Undertaker.

Maven is probably one of the few good picks from Drury. He wasn't a bad heel promo but I got enough great heel promos. Drury really needed another, so kudos to that.

I don't know if this is allowed, if not mellow can tell me:

I have first pick in the manager round but I'm not particularly bothered about a manager. I do, however, really need a specific location. So would anyone, who has a high location pick, want to trade for the first manager pick?

Can I just say that I think it's garbage that the same side of the draft gets first dibs on both wrestlers and managers.

Ditto on that. The 1st pick of managers/venues should go to the bottom half of the draft.

Can I just say that I think it's garbage that the same side of the draft gets first dibs on both wrestlers and managers.

The 30th round should be from the bottom up since it's an even numbered round... right?

I don't know if this is allowed, if not mellow can tell me:

I have first pick in the manager round but I'm not particularly bothered about a manager. I do, however, really need a specific location. So would anyone, who has a high location pick, want to trade for the first manager pick?

I don't follow. If you are talking about the 30th round, then you are last. And trading is prohibited. And locations do not count as a selection, just a declaration that is to be made during said round.

Here is how the 30th round will work, and I will use examples that are off the board. You can choose a manager or a wrestler. You don't have to choose any managers at all if you don't want to. Or you can choose ten managers with your last ten selections.

For my 30th round pick I will take Jesse Ventura.

And I will be running my card at the Roman Coliseum.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

The 30th round should be from the bottom up since it's an even numbered round... right?

That's what I thought at first, but then OOG said he was picking 1st and I figured I'd missed out on something. Thanks for the clarification.

Technically speaking, Mazto was eligible at 9:09 last night since Fratsauce has missed the last two rounds, and I was eligible at 5:09 this morning. I will go ahead and make my selection:

I'm going to steal another tag team that I really like. A great brawling duo who have a strong catalog of double-teaming maneuvers.

Ladies and gentlemen,

H.C. Loc and Tony DeVito...

The Carnage Crew

1.jpg

Broward has been eligible for over a half of one hour, so I'll shoot him a PM.

Make-up selections:

Fratsauce - 3 picks

Mazto - 1 pick

Here is how the 30th round will work, and I will use examples that are off the board. You can choose a manager or a wrestler. You don't have to choose any managers at all if you don't want to. Or you can choose ten managers with your last ten selections.

For my 30th round pick I will take Jesse Ventura.

And I will be running my card at the Roman Coliseum.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Actually I'm a bit confused

The original rules stated that we'd pick 30 wrestlers/tag teams correct? So that means that we'd have all our worker picks in by round 30. But the new rule states that from round 30-40 will be the manager/non-workers draft. Shouldn't it start on round 31 with whoever goes first?

Actually I'm a bit confused

The original rules stated that we'd pick 30 wrestlers/tag teams correct? So that means that we'd have all our worker picks in by round 30. But the new rule states that from round 30-40 will be the manager/non-workers draft. Shouldn't it start on round 31 with whoever goes first?

The original idea was to have 30 wrestlers and 4 tag teams, and that we would have a second stage after that to draft managers/valets. Over time I realized that it's not entirely important for everybody to have the exact same amount of active wrestlers.

Also, I think that it would be pretty fair to throw the people at the bottom of the order a bone and let them get first picks at venues and managers (and it's only just one round anyway).

The last ten rounds are both managers and wrestlers. However you want to mix it up is completely up to you.

Ok, I believe I got you there.

So we're going 40 rounds now, and starting with round 30 we can pick managers if we want correct?

That is correct. When you make your 30th round selection, you also declare your location/venue.

And whoot... yeah nobody told me nothin'. Not a big deal, ya'll.

I came up with a stunning 6-man last night. It's going to rock your faces right off your bodies, but I need two more guys to fill it.

I almost took one, but decided he will slip to me in the next round fo sho, since he's more regarded as part of a team (and I have the other piece to that team so yeah.)

I choose....

BBoy.jpg

B-Boy

He's going to be teaming up with Davey and Super Dragon against... ???/???/???

Prepare your faces.

I'm just glad I'm picking in front of King Kamala when it comes to venues... I have a distinct feeling we're targeting a couple of the same ones.

And whoot... yeah nobody told me nothin'. Not a big deal, ya'll.

I came up with a stunning 6-man last night. It's going to rock your faces right off your bodies, but I need two more guys to fill it.

I almost took one, but decided he will slip to me in the next round fo sho, since he's more regarded as part of a team (and I have the other piece to that team so yeah.)

I choose....

BBoy.jpg

B-Boy

He's going to be teaming up with Davey and Super Dragon against... ???/???/???

Prepare your faces.

You deserve the clap.