TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Window is up so I'm grabbing my next pick.

El Blazer

I think him and Jody running around flying like crazy people's would be fun.

blazer_p.jpg

Also Mellow PM'd me his next pick...

Who is...

Super Leather

He's going to put him in Sullivan's Army of Darkness. Whooot.

SuperLeatherFace001.jpg

I should have made this pick last night, but I forgot. I picked up Doug Basham a couple of rounds ago and now I will take someone he spent a lot of TV time with, but I'll be opting for a different character instead of Danny Basham. My next pick is Damaja since I need a few more guys to plug into my lower card matches and he fits the bill in that regard.

03.jpg

I need someone SE-ish to go against Konnan and bring a little change of pace to my promotion, and I have the perfect candidate. While formerly a more serious style wrestler with All Japan, and a good one at that, he later changed his style and attitude and took a more 'entertainment' orientated route. I enjoyed his work a lot during this period, and he never failed to make me laugh, constantly proving that he would have made a great comedic/smartass heel in the US, if given the chance. While his booking in later years would prove the undoing of the formerly great FMW promotion, I'm picking this wrestler because of his work. My next pick is the late and great...

01.jpg

Hiromichi Fuyuki!

Thank you for covering for me, Mazto. It should be noted that Super Leather is portrayed by R.T. Reynolds, which means that Corporal Kirschner is off the table.

Make-Up Selections (let me know if I'm forgetting somebody):

The Originals Orange Goblin - 4 picks

Fratsauce - 1 pick

Yeah looks that way to me, by my reckoning you could have picked for around the last 2 hours or so.

Gerald 'Jerry' Brisco

(I hope he hasn't gone.. I haven't seen him though)

briscobrothers.jpg

I regret not taking them as a team earlier, and now i've got the chance for Team Priceless or some other team to be disrespecting Jack until Jerry comes to his aid and teaches them kids some real respect. He's the one on the left, of course.

I'm short on time so I'll take one of my 4 right now (the one I don't want to lose). Be back later for the other 3.

10.jpg

Stan Stasiak

- I'll use him as an old school babyface and mentor to his son. Not sure who he'll feud with yet but it will probably involve a multi-man tag with him teaming with his son. He was a solid worker who was over enough to be given the WWWF world title (even if it was a transition reign) and is a guy known for his brawling and strength, something lacking on my roster.

Certain pressures have forced me to abdicate my desires to claim the one I alluded to earlier; so, SK lucks out if he truly did have that right person in mind.

I wanted a great female worker to add to my promotion since I only have one presently and I didn’t want to reduce her as a manager without a female counterpart and given that I have American Dragon, there was no doubt that I needed to acquire this particular talent. I’ll select Danielson’s “student”.

With the next pick of this draft…I will select

Sara.jpg

The American Angel, Sara Del Rey

Good thing you grabbed her now. I had her on tap for another member of my women's division of awesome.

I'll make my picks later, but to keep the draft moving on behalf of Hawk 34:

I’ve been holding back on this particular selection knowing that for some reason he’d be skipped and that’s precisely what happened. I had him in mind since I selected Gorgeous George. I’ll make it abundantly clear that my intention is to pair my next selection with George. It’s a perfect fit between one of the pioneer heels of this industry and one of the more beloved faces of his time and it’s a realistic rivalry as well.

I have chosen my next pick for this draft

10.jpg

Mr. Wrestling II.

I'm picking someone who can get criminally over for an undercarder. He's brilliantly entertaining, super charismatic, and a good in ring technician.

11.jpg

Norman Smiley

dudley_spike.jpg

Spike Dudley

I don't think he was taken...and I don't know what I'm going to do with him...but he's a good hand to have around anyway.

Drats. For some reason I thought that he was already taken. I could have used him as fodder for Mike Awesome. One of my favorite TNN-era ECW programs.

The eight-hour window will be up in a moment, and HTQ will get to go.

Make-up selections:

The Original Orange Goblin - 3 picks

Fratsauce - 1 pick

Brooklyn Zoo - 2 picks

The Franchise - 1 pick

You're good to go HTQ. The window ended 10 minutes ago, and I can pick right after you.

I was looking for a cruiserweight wrestler to beef up that area of my promotion, and I wanted a guy who could be a major player in that division. I didn't think I could find out that hadn't been taken, but I did, and I couldn't believe my luck. I can only surmise that this guy is still available because he flew under the radar. Indeed, his more famous alter ego might have registered with some people, making it even more of a surprise he's still there. My next pick was a fantastic heel, who was a forerunner of Art Barr, with a little Tully Blanchard thrown in. This wrestler tore it up in Europe, but he's more famous on the international stage in Japan, where his aforementioned alter ego was pitted against the godfather of cruiserweight wrestling, the original Tiger Mask. My next pick is going to be one of my lead heels in the cruiserweight division, and a damn fine heel he shall be. My next pick is...

rocco5.jpg

Mark 'Rollerball' Rocco!

At this point in the game I don't really have much left in terms of people who will play any kind of factor on my event, but I realized there was someone out there who was incredibly over for a time and offers something different in that she's big enough to work with my guys even though I may not go that route. I haven't decided yet, but I'll take the only female Intercontinental Champ ever and add Chyna to the mix here. If nothing else, Lita will have someone to bump her ass off for.

15.jpg

I think you do since Hawk has made 4 picks in the 400s and we should be heading from the bottom to the top of the draft. If I'm following this correctly Broward is on deck but you're due a pick in addition to the people mellow mentioned in his last post.

Sorry for the holdup, I was watching last night's PPV and didnt want to find spoilers on here.

cornettetna.jpg

Jim Cornette

My authority figure, the man who makes the matches.

All in all..

The Boss.

Sorry.

Arguably the most well known masked luchador in the world, this man was the first masked man to appear in the Garden if memory serves.

Former PWI Most Popular Wrestler Of The Year..

Mil Máscaras

1172677647-022807m.jpg

Alright, I haven't seen him picked as a part of his tag team or seperately...so, with my late pick, I choose:

scott1.jpg

Scotty Riggs (still emo and shit, just.. without the eyepatch...)