TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

She was definitely on my radar, well her and a partner anyway. Back to the drawing board on that plan.

If anyone else were to have her, I'd want to to be you since you already have Black and Jacobs. I guess I'll just create a new Lacey's Angels.

Sorry for the hold up guys.

georg hackenschmidt

Wiki speaks better than I do:

The first widely recognized World Heavyweight Champion in wrestling history, Hackenschmidt is believed to be the creator of the professional wrestling version of the Bearhug as well as the originator of the hack squat, which is a squat-deadlift with arms behind the body.

Mess with this motherfucker:

Hackenshmidt1903.jpg

I'm taking my first full-time woman for the roster, ODB.

200px-ODB_Barre_VT.jpg

My roster is primarily smaller guys, and I think it would be fun to book her as a super tough brawler. Imagine the fun that would ensue with her tearing it up against guys like HYDRA, that 70s Team, Chucky T...

I believe he took him in a previous round.

edit: he did. It was round 19. Here was his write-up.

For my next pick I'm choosing someone who can fill a valuable, and often understated, role in a promotion. My next pick is going to be the 'policeman' of my promotion; if any member of my roster gets out of line, then a match, and a major attitude adjustment, against this pick is next on their booking sheet. But this pick has more than the 'policeman' role in his future, as his wild, realistic and very intense brawling style fit in very well within my promotion. This next pick has a definitive role in my promotion, and he can also fit in anywhere on the card. My next pick is...

I decided I wanted a heel that could pretty much work with any of my undercard types and also cut a good promo. My next pick is Doug Basham, more specifically from his time in OVW as 'The Machine'.

08.jpg

The eight-hour window is up, and it's time for me to make my next selection. This guy is a comedy act who could get over in a big, big way (a la Eugene back in 2004).

A performer of many names, looks and complimentary aliases...

wait for it...

tester2jd4.gif

Ebessan!

FUCK! I totally had Ebessan for this pick.

NOOOOOOO!

Okay, lemme go find a back up pick.

Annnnnnd.... back...

Sorta shocking they are still around, but it makes sense since I picked the leader already, so I might as well grab his cohorts in being EEEEEEEVIL. Eventhough Taka did that gimmick with Funaki, that line's still gold.

09.jpg

Kaientai

Men's Teioh and Dick Togo

That adds another team to my mix that could work a serious match against Richards/Dragon or Hayabusa/Shinzaki or do a feasable comic stint against the Florida Brothers.

With Stevie and others raiding all of the good comedy acts I had a feeling that if I didn't grab him now then I would totally miss out.

Really good choice on Ebessan there Mellow. He's someone I was very much considering getting when it made it back up my end of the draft.

Thank you. I'm strongly considering him as an ally of some of the main event faces, just because I know that he could get over big. Really I just want to see him dressed up like Sabu or John Cena.

So for my pick I'm going with someone that hasn't had a ton of time in the ring and who I feel if given time on a National level to develop and pushed properly could be a damned good talent.

So with that said, I choose:

kenny1.jpg

"The Natural" Kenny King

With the next selection in the draft, I'm going to take a very strong heel that can dominate Bob Armstrong and cause him to get more sympathy from the crowd. He's a WWE Hall of Famer and a true legend in the sport as he was a precursor to the hardcore style... and he trained several prominent current superstars. He was a wild man in the ring, and he'll fit in nicely with the rest of my roster.

Ladies and Gentlemen....

w7.jpg

KILLER KOWALKSI

Dick Slater isn't taken...

Yeah, that's my pick. Heel him up against Taylor and there you go.

Dick Slater isn't taken...

Yeah, that's my pick. Heel him up against Taylor and there you go.

A very good utility heel in my opinion.

I guess a little sex appeal doesn't hurt. Even though she was nowhere near Trish Stratus, she was a huge part of the attitude era, more so for her looks than her wrestling ability. She was involved in a very good mixed tag match at Wrestlemania 14 and will be my first women's champion as well as the companies eye candy. I select...

SABLE.jpg

Sable!

King Kamala Classic can go now, and Cranda can make his selection at any time.

Garth will be eligible to pick in 30 minutes if Kamala doesn't make his selection before that time.

I hate to toot my own horn but I feel like I'm getting another huge steal here. Perhaps the biggest steal of the draft. This team simply doesn't deserve to be left on the board at this stage. They left an indelible mark on tag team wrestling in the 90s. They were one of the hottest tag teams to ever come out of the Land of Extreme and they even managed to capture brief success in WCW (which is about as far as you can get from the Land of Extreme). They're another team that would work just as well as babyfaces as they would heels. I'll be using them as the former. I think they're a natural fit against The Nasty Boys or The Headshrinkers. Both matches would result in wildly entertaining brawls. In fact, I think they'd put on entertaining matches against any team on my roster.

These men are four time former ECW Tag Team Champions, former NWA World Tag Team Champions, and former WCW Tag Team Champions...

With my 22nd pick and the 390th pick overall in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

05.jpg"Flyboy" Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge....Public Enemy!

Aw man! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES!

Why didn't THEY get drafted as a tag team? Bone headed decision of the draft!

Aw man! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES!

Why didn't THEY get drafted as a tag team? Bone headed decision of the draft!

Did I just set a bad example by posting a video with somebody who hasn't been drafted yet? Aw, fuck it, I don't event think that it will occur to anybody to draft Riggs... maybe Drury.

I've mentioned this before to Kamala, but perhaps I should post it here. Spoiler tags don't really serve the intended purpose in this thread. Spoiler tags for movies work because people might not want to know what happens. In this thread, people are going to see the tags and wonder which wrestler is being mentioned and see if they might want to pick them. Who here does not read spoiler tags in this thread?