TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

The people who are too lazy stupid or ignorant to message a list of choices to someone who'll be around miss out on picks.

It's survival of the fittest for all to see.

What he said.

I for one have had it up to here (holds arm up high) with how people neglect this, it's been running for a long time now, people should know to check the forum a little more regularly to know when their pick is coming up.

I know it's just for fun, but that's just it, I enjoy seeing how this develops & it's taking away from it when people regularly miss 12 hour picks. Twice in a row.

Rant over, like, but still.

For my next pick I'm choosing someone who can fill a valuable, and often understated, role in a promotion. My next pick is going to be the 'policeman' of my promotion; if any member of my roster gets out of line, then a match, and a major attitude adjustment, against this pick is next on their booking sheet. But this pick has more than the 'policeman' role in his future, as his wild, realistic and very intense brawling style fit in very well within my promotion. This next pick has a definitive role in my promotion, and he can also fit in anywhere on the card. My next pick is...

murakami.jpg

Kazunari Murakami!

Just a heads up. I will be out of town for the holiday weekend, and, while I might be able to make it to the computer at some point, 909 was nice enough to moderate the draft in my absence. Any inquiries or selections that you have can be left with him until further notice (which will likely come on Sunday evening).

Hope you all have a fun and safe holiday.

P.S. Hawk 34 has an awesome idea that he should share with everybody here.

Oh. Thanks, mellow. Put me on the spot!

Well, I thought we should insert some additional intrigue for the final two rounds in this draft (which are still a long way from here). I was toying around with my probable "Super-Card" that we all agreed to create at the conclusion of this draft. I started to think about where would my "Super Card" would take place and instead of just intending to make a note that it would be in whatever location I chose, that as a whole, we should include our venues/territories that we have in mind. In other words, we'd draft a venue. Specific people in this draft have created rosters that are ideal in certain places (Japan, Mexico, NYC, Dallas, etc, etc)

Ideally everyone would seek to use famous venues that have a significant value in the history of professional wrestling and I believe most here can determine which venues those are without having to name drop. I'm aware certain people would simply draft (insert corporate name) Arena/Centre because it's the closest to them. I'm not sure how the actual process of fairness would be determined but we have awhile to get there.

Just a suggestion.

...I like that idea and for some reason, something in my head is going:

"..why don't we pick a promoter too.." but there's only one guy I'd choose to pick for that idea.

"..why don't we pick a promoter too.." but there's only one guy I'd choose to pick for that idea.

You're already the promoter. That's the purpose of this entire project. You obtain talent and you decide how to utilize, promote and sell them in the image of your philosophy.

You're already the promoter. That's the purpose of this entire project. You obtain talent and you decide how to utilize, promote and sell them in the image of your philosophy.

Not what I was meaning, but whatever.

It's time to add another strong physical force to the tag team ranks and with all the quality teams still available, it wasn't an easy decision. Ultimately, their physicality which will go well against MVC and Gen Next was the deciding factor. Their presence within a stable was also important and they'll play a role in whatever foundation I build with Raven.

08.jpg

BJ Whitmer

and

01.jpg

Dan Maff

With my next selection, I actually have very little intention to use him as a wrestler but rather as a manager/mouthpiece. He was (ironically) just average as a performer but his most sterling attribute was his impeccable promo skills. He still remains one of the best to cut a promo and it’s a shame his career wasn’t that long. He’ll likely lead a stable or play a role that he did so well with, as a figurehead.

I give you my next selection

21.jpg

"Above Average", Mike Sanders

NOOOOO I was hoping Sick Nick would slip through the cracks and I could toss around a mid-card full of hardcore brawling. Also I was going to get Maff soon toon. Poop.

Ya know I've had the idea for a stadium/arena draft, it just never came to me to share it (I swear I'm not lying!). I already have a stadium in mind for my show anyways.

Ya know I've had the idea for a stadium/arena draft, it just never came to me to share it (I swear I'm not lying!). I already have a stadium in mind for my show anyways.

Same here, and I imagine we're probably going to have a similar approach to things.

The thought of a stadium being apart of the draft never entered my mind.

For those of you scoring at home.

Well...I must be up by now.

I'm going to take my first old timer (Read: Guy I am not that familiar with) here...having filled up on all the current-esque guys that I really wanted badly at this point. I never wanted to take an oldtimer just for the sake of having the biggest name available...I wanted my roster to mesh together as well as possible. So in taking an old school guy...I wanted one that would be interesting to me with my philosophy of hit hard or move fast.

rocca2.jpg

Antonino Rocca

I'm picking Rocca because (from the limited reading and few youtube clips you can find) I think he could fit into an interesting mix with some of my new age speedier athletic guys. The new guys are quicker...but Rocca had some wicked interesting takedowns in those youtube clips. So I can find some cool stuff for him to do.