TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I hate to toot my own horn but I feel like I'm getting another huge steal here. Perhaps the biggest steal of the draft. This team simply doesn't deserve to be left on the board at this stage. They left an indelible mark on tag team wrestling in the 90s. They were one of the hottest tag teams to ever come out of the Land of Extreme and they even managed to capture brief success in WCW (which is about as far as you can get from the Land of Extreme). They're another team that would work just as well as babyfaces as they would heels. I'll be using them as the former. I think they're a natural fit against The Nasty Boys or The Headshrinkers. Both matches would result in wildly entertaining brawls. In fact, I think they'd put on entertaining matches against any team on my roster.

These men are four time former ECW Tag Team Champions, former NWA World Tag Team Champions, and former WCW Tag Team Champions...

With my 22nd pick and the 390th pick overall in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

05.jpg"Flyboy" Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge....Public Enemy!

I forgot all about them, and I've been looking for two more tag-teams.

With this week at work being so mind numbingly boring I have spent a lot of time thinking of the potential card I will piece together at the end of this, as well as where everybody on my roster. It appeared to me that I needed one last upper mid card heel to even the sides up there. So, with that in mind for the 391sy pick of the draft and my 22nd I choose:carlito.jpg

Carlito

A man that has at times shown he can really go, so long as he's motivated. I plan on having the motivated Carlito in my promotion, circa early 2005 (I think) when he was busting out some cool looking offence. He's a second generation star and would be good news to have around to draw any Puerto Ricans.

I know exactly who I want next, but I figured Carlito is seen to be a much bigger star, so I decided to strike here first. I will be forced to end anyone one dares take who I'm thinking of. *shakes fist in general direction of fellow drafters*

With my 22nd pick in this draft, I'm choosing a guy who I can either pair up with as a protege or feud ala student/teacher with Street. He's also very underated in my eyes. He is

14.jpg

Rico Constantino

Aw man! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES! AMERICAN MALES!

Why didn't THEY get drafted as a tag team? Bone headed decision of the draft!

Did I just set a bad example by posting a video with somebody who hasn't been drafted yet? Aw, fuck it, I don't event think that it will occur to anybody to draft Riggs... maybe Drury.

Actually I was toying with drafting Raven's Flock era Riggs. So

:angry:

By my calculations OriginalOrangeGoblin only has about 15 minutes left to make his pick.

Okay theh, as time is up for OOG and Drury still hasn't picked I'm up again.

For my next choice I wanted another woman to fill out my division, someone who would be a good match up for Mickie James character wise. There's a female wrestler who I'm a huge fan of that fits this bill perfectly, not only that but she will make a perfect fit alongside some of the other workers I already have. Without further ado, I present to you my 23rd draft choice and and 393rd of the draft:

dominationsmall.jpg

MsChif

She is the current reigning SHIMMER champion, NWA Women's World Champion & NWA Midwest Women's Champion.

Character wise she is the polar opposite of the perky, happy James. James will be MsChif's natural enemy on my roster. MsChif won't be operating alone though as she will also be the newest member of the Age of the Fall.

For some reason I thought she was picked already, but then I remembered that's the picture from Wrestling Pictures I Like thread.

Nice pick up Garth.

I've decided to add a little comedy to my roster with my next pick. This guy is the quintessential lower mid-card heel. He can work a hell of a comedy match and with the right opponent, can work a good straight match. And he can get over with the crowd as a fun loving, goofy babyface or a chickenshit, goofy heel. I'll be using him as the latter.

He's a two time former WCW World Television champion, a former WCW Cruiserweight Champion, and a former WCW Tag Team Champion

With my twenty third selection and 394th overall in the All Time Wrestling Roster, I'm proud to select...

10.jpgDisco Inferno!

With the next selection in the draft, I'm going to take another tag-team and one of the better ones still on the board. After they had a dominant run in the WWWF in the 1970's, both men went on to individual success... one as a manager and one as a singles wrestler. My plan is to work them as allies with Austin Idol in his feud with Jesse Ventura and the team I'm planning on putting Ventura with.

Ladies and Gentlemen....

04.jpg

"HANDSOME" JIMMY AND "LUSCIOUS" JOHNNY...

THE VALIANTS

One of the best tag teams of all-time and it's a real shame that so many inferior teams and individual selections went ahead of them. They just didn't have a place within my promotion.

Yeah, I'd been considering them for the past six or seven rounds but decided against them because I already have a couple wrestlers with similar characters and I couldn't really fit them in. I've put them as the top tag team left on the board for the past three or four rounds and it is a shame it took three hundred ninety something picks for them to get drafted but sadly, it's not too much of a surprise. Most of the draftees are just unfamiliar with wrestlers from the pre Hogan era. I actually thought there was a good shot that Jimmy would get picked as "The Boogie Woogie Man" before he got picked as part of The Valiants. I'm glad that didn't happen.

Yeah. I had the post filled out last night, but deleted it when I noticed it wasn't my turn.

I think the 8 hours are up, so I'm jumping in line. Again I highly doubt that Fart had this pick on the radar so he shouldn't be too hurt.

I have a couple of brutal heels in my women's division, a couple of solid faces. Why not a straight up ass kicker? Yeah, I thought I needed one too. So I'm drafting

Takako1.jpg

Takako Inoue

What proof of her bad assness?

Spinning Backfist OF DEATH!

Tombstone Piledriver... AFTER KNEEING HER OPPONENT IN THE FACE A FEW TIMES!

She can go stiff on my heels and play the role of a Steve Austin style roughneck face. That and she's cute too.

For my next selection I'm going to go with a Junior Heavyweight addition to Kevin Sullivan's Army of Darkness.

Ladies and gentlemen, the 399th selection...

HALLOWICKED!

img_love.jpg

Makeup selections

The Originals Orange Goblin - 2 picks

Drury 37 - 2 picks

Fratsauce - 1 pick

Son of a bitch! I was thinking earlier that I should have taken Hallowicked as part of a tag team when I took Delirious earlier in the draft.

Very good pick. Any wrestler with a finisher called Go 2 Sleepy Hollower is awesome in my book.

With my next pick I select...

05.jpg

Ludvig Borga.

I am surprised he was not selected yet. I looked through everyone's selections, and I did not see him picked. Please, if I am wrong let me know. I thought this guy was a great heel.

05.jpg

Ludvig Borga.

I am surprised he was not selected yet. I looked through everyone's selections, and I did not see him picked. Please, if I am wrong let me know. I thought this guy was a great heel.

We has not been selected. The best way is to use the "search topic" option at the bottom of the page. Also, you have one more pick.

05.jpg

Ludvig Borga.

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE PICKED LUDVIG BORGA?

Drury you must have loved you some early 90's WWF.

On behalf of naiwf:

I figured I'd pick up another second generation woman who has wrestled in both Mexico and Japan. I've seen bits and pieces of her stuff over the years but this past Saturday I caught her match at Triplemania XVI and was quite impressed with her work and the pop she got.

My next pick is Faby/Fabi Apache.

2008rdr_fabiapache.jpg

On behalf of Hunter's Torn Quad:

Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

041107_kak_pan07_kousaka600.jpg

Make-up selections:

The Originals Orange Goblin - 2 picks

Drury 37 - 1 pick

Fratsauce - 1 pick

Broward83 - 1 pick

I'm interested to see how this man would have done if he wasn't a jobber, but that was his main role for the last 25 years. The most legendary jobber in WWE history and someone I would put in a feud (not sure who though) is my next selection...

Brawler.jpg

The Brooklyn Brawler!