TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Agreed on the picture front. I think I have an idea of what venue I'd like to take. It's by no means steeped in wrestling history, but I figure by the time my pick rolls around that all the famous venues will be long gone.

I can think of 30-35 "famous" wrestling venues, so I don't think anyone will be stuck with having to take a modern corporate cookie cutter venue.

For the venue selection, I think the tradition of a photo should continue.

Agreed. I don't think there should be any trouble finding a venue. You might have to look a bit deeper than you have with the wrestling draft but there's a good two dozen cities that I consider great wrestling towns and worthy of havign a promotion centered there.

Question; Could two members pick different venues in the same city? Say Stevieguy picks The ECW Arena/Viking Hall and I pick The Spectrum, would that be allowed?

Didn't mean to spoil venues there but I just wanted an example.

I say it's fine to take another venue in the same territory. Many places have multiple venues of historical value. Otherwise, some people might be forced to select lesser cities and venues that likely don't connect with their roster

Also, MSG can't be re-picked, even if multiple versions of MSG have existed.

Oh snap, I get first dibs at the venue? I think it's pretty obvious with which I'm going with. We don't need to declare any year or anything right?

Oh snap, I get first dibs at the venue? I think it's pretty obvious with which I'm going with. We don't need to declare any year or anything right?

And manager. It's painfully obvious which building is going to go first.

Personally, I'm gonna go with a Wal-Mart parking lot like IWA-MS...

Watch HTQ reap his vendetta by swiping my logical choice.

Six Flags, OVW-style?

Oh yeah, naiwf is up.

Make-up selections:

Fratsauce - 3 picks

Broward83 - 1 pick

I thought about taking this guy about 6-8 rounds ago, but I had a feeling he'd be there later on so I've been delaying this selection for quite a while. Even though I think he had a better career as Mr. Águila, I'll be selecting him as Essa Rios because I liked his look better back then and considering the venue I'm likely going to pick he'd be better off without a mask.

03.jpg

Franchise nailed it. There are hundreds of great places that have hosted wrestling cards (some even only once, which is okay), so pick one of those.

bps is up.

Make-Up Selections:

Fratsauce - 3 picks

HTQ - 1 pick

Since Chris Jericho is my lead heel, I like the thought of him having a gang/stable around him to serve as his thugs and minions. At first I thought having him be part of the Kings of Wrestling with Hero and Claudio, but I thought better of it. They really don't need him, as they are going to be in the running for the tag belts.

I previously picked Chuck Taylor, as he'd be a great undercard sidekick for Jericho. But that's not enough. If he's going to be the comic relief in this group, they should have an undercard tag team to serve as his thugs. Kind of like what Edge has with Ryder/Hawkins. I found the perfect team, as they are already Chuck's running mates.

So what do Jericho, Chuck and this team have in common?. They are all going to be friends. And they will be friends in similar tights.

teamfist.jpg

TEAM F.I.S.T*. (Icarus and Gran Akuma)

Friends In Similar Tights

For my next pick, I'm going with a guy who will be fill the young lion role in my cruiserweight division. He's very talented, and I think he has a bright future. At least, he will in my promotion. My next pick is...

tagu_nj.jpg

Ryusuke Taguchi!

I've always thought Tatanka was a bit underrated. I was considering taking him a couple of rounds back but then I realized that Chief Jay Strongbow was on the board and decided to go with the original popular WW(W)F wrestling Indian. Tatanka was a half decent worker and I was a bit of a mark for him back in the day.

Fun fact; Tatanka was the first wrestler I ever met. Met him at an autograph signing at a local video store a couple of weeks before he turned heel and joined The Million Dollar Corporation.

I need to bolster the women’s division beyond Lacey and I’m surprised this gal is still around. She isn’t the best worker but she’s attractive, skilled enough in the ring and is a good sweet face to counter the bitch Lacey.

With the next selection, I have chosen

GailKim4ms.jpg

Gail Kim