TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

For my 31st selection I choose:

about%20side.jpg

'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm

I don't have a great deal of crusierweights on my roster, and I thought it was about time I got some more. Storm in particular ties in nicely with the fact that my promotion will be based in England. He's good for the style he works and I think more consistent, although not as spectacular in the ring than the man he was often booked against/with in Jody Fleisch.

Awesome, first time i've seen his name mentioned on this forum, and the only chance i'll get to say I wrestled (and lost) him while training once.

I look forward to the rest of your picks, I hope you get more English based guys.

I've always really enjoyed his work and always thought it a damn shame he didn't get as much praise as Jody. I thought Storm had a good showing back in the original TNA X Cup. He's also waaaaay more charismatic than Jody could ever dream to be.

You can rest easy, I have a group of British guys that I have a lot of love for that I'm planning, should nothing go wrong, on sweeping up in the next couple of rounds.

I can't see a lot of people taking a lot of English picks. I was shocked that Les Thornton lasted as long as he did acutally.

I remember way back when, Tommy Boyd (legend) referring to Jody as 'The British Rey Mysterio' about 40 times in one interview.

Just to let you know, you can declare a secondary arena if you wish.... at this rate we might as well write a week's worth of television building up to our big cards.

Fantastic news. Just fantastic. I had the venue and backup wrestler in place and now I find out I can pick both. Just excellent news.

Anyways, my next venue isn't the biggest venue in the world (It currently seats around 7,000) but it is a shrine for professional wrestling and boxing. It played host to some of the biggest wrestling events in the '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s, and '70s before closing its door temporarily in The Mid '80s. Stars such as "Classy" Freddie Blassie, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, The Sheik, Gorgeous George, Buddy Rogers, Bobo Brazil, Mil Mascaras, and Andre The Giant thrilled fans at this legendary arena. After a massive renovation, this arena reopened and hosted ECW Heatwave 2000. Fun fact for boxing fans: Scenes from Rocky were filmed at this venues. Like The Cow Palace, this no-frills old school venue is rich in history and may be the second most famous professional wrestling venue on the West Coast.

Of course I am talking about none other than...

grandoly.jpg....The Grand Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles, California

My next pick is another old school guy. I was going to pick another wrestler but then realized this guy was still on the board. One of the greatest managers of his time and the perfect ringleader for the mini-stable of muscleheaded jerks ("Superstar" Billy Graham, Don Muraco, and Brutus Beefcake). In real life, he managed Muraco to two WWF Intercontinetal title runs and Graham to a WWWF World title run. He's a two time former PWI Manager of The Year award winner and was posthumously inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1995. He's the one and only, late, great...

03.jpg ...The Grand Wizard of Wrestling.

Aye. Not that I care, since his location isn't anywhere near where I'm "running" but we might need a call on this. Locations free picks every time as long as you are up, or they take a pick out right?

Some people are insisting on having more than one. Locations do not count as official selections. To clarify, participants are only required to submit one wrestling card...

Also, for those who are still unsure, it has been explained, many times now, that you can select managers or wrestlers during rounds 30-40.

Fantastic news. Just fantastic. I had the venue and backup wrestler in place and now I find out I can pick both. Just excellent news.

Anyways, my next venue isn't the biggest venue in the world (It currently seats around 7,000) but it is a shrine for professional wrestling and boxing. It played host to some of the biggest wrestling events in the '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s, and '70s before closing its door temporarily in The Mid '80s. Stars such as "Classy" Freddie Blassie, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, The Sheik, Gorgeous George, Buddy Rogers, Bobo Brazil, Mil Mascaras, and Andre The Giant thrilled fans at this legendary arena. After a massive renovation, this arena reopened and hosted ECW Heatwave 2000. Fun fact for boxing fans: Scenes from Rocky were filmed at this venues. Like The Cow Palace, this no-frills old school venue is rich in history and may be the second most famous professional wrestling venue on the West Coast.

Of course I am talking about none other than...

grandoly.jpg....The Grand Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles, California

My next pick is another old school guy. I was going to pick another wrestler but then realized this guy was still on the board. One of the greatest managers of his time and the perfect ringleader for the mini-stable of muscleheaded jerks ("Superstar" Billy Graham, Don Muraco, and Brutus Beefcake). In real life, he managed Muraco to two WWF Intercontinetal title runs and Graham to a WWWF World title run. He's a two time former PWI Manager of The Year award winner and was posthumously inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1995. He's the one and only, late, great...

03.jpg ...The Grand Wizard of Wrestling.

I seriously thought you'd be the one to take the other venue I have in mind...

And...

Great pick on The Grand Wizard. He was on my short-list for another manager.

I think the question was about the venue not the manager, so venues are free game as long as it's your pick. Good times.

Somebody is going to kill me for this selection, but I don't care. She is probably one of the hottest women to ever come into the WWF. Without her, we wouldn't have any of the numerous divas we have now. I think she'd fit in pretty good with Midnight Express, seeing how I couldn't get Jim Cornette. Without further adieu, I give you

Sunny

25.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg

12b.jpg

Yes, I do believe this pick deserves 4 pictures

And for secondary arenas, I'm going to pick the Bi-Lo Center in Greenville, SC

20060712_bi_low_600x400.jpg

I'm going to draft and use Virgil as DiBiase's bodyguard.

I'll take Boston Garden as my other venue.

I'm going to draft and use Virgil as DiBiase's bodyguard.

I'll take Boston Garden as my other venue.

Drury already got Virgil.

In RE: To Diamonddust. My line of thinking with my venues is I'm trying to build a rough territory. Literally right before I made my first venue pick, I realized other people would (and did) try to snatch up venues in the Northeast, South, and The Midwest (and Japan) so I decided to go in another direction and do the West Coast. The West Coast might get derided for not being as passionate and hardcore as East Coast or Southern wrestling fans and while that's true to a degree, I think Los Angeles and San Francisco are as rich in wrestling history as any other major city in the U.S.

Well, since my original plan of stealing Jimmy Hart got screwed up by Virgil of all people, I'm going to select the next best manager on the board.

It'll be my first female roster member, and I'm guessing some of you might already know who this is. She was the original "bad-girl" valet, and she could frequently mix it up with the men. She went on to be considered one of the true pioneers in terms of women in wrestling. As a result of taking her, I'm moving Percy Pringle to manage the Samoans, Kabuki, and Snuka, and I'm going to have her manage Race, Bundy, and the Andersons.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to select

sherri.gif

"SENSATIONAL" SHERRI MARTEL

Now for my 2nd venue, I'm taking a very historic location that fits my roster like a glove. Some major cards and angles have happened at this venue, and a large chunk of my talent made their names at this building and in this city. I'm going to use the card at this place to build the supercard at the Superdome. This place was not only a historic wrestling venue, but it could be considered "home base" for none other than Elvis himself.

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, I am talking about...

33f2ab59-9eb7-4822-b4c2-0e2af23c0d20.jpg

THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

Let me just say again how ticked I am I couldn't land Jimmy Hart. If there was ever a manager built for my roster, it was him. :)

If someone had taken Woman before I had the chance to, I definitely would have picked Sherri. I'm surprised she lasted that long.

I was thisclose to picking Jimmy Hart. I had an entry written up for him and everything but then I realized The Grand Wizard of Wrestling was still on the board and he'd be a better fit.

I did squander the opportunity to have Jimmy Hart and Gary Hart combine their heel stables to take down a mutual foe and as a result, start an interview segment entitled "Hart to Hart"

I need a tag team to combat the H8 Club... oh and they are viable Tag Team Title threats as well.

Current IWGP Tag Champions....

makabe.jpg

Togi Makabe

and

yano.jpg

Toru Yano

Also although I'll be using them as a team I think a Kane/Togi or Togi/Abby feud would be mucho fun for all involved.

I'm taking:

02.jpg

General Skandor Akbar

and

shea_stadium_1.jpg

Shea Stadium

I was dying to get MSG but knew I wouldn't so settled for another NY venue with NY fans. Given my political angle with Hassan, Bret's insane popularity in NY and the NY fans appreciation of good wrestling, NY is my perfect home base.

For my next selection, I am going to add another member of the Army of Darkness. This man can be the mouthpiece for such violent forces as Necro Butcher and Super Leather when Kevin Sullivan is attending to his in-ring matters. This man is perfect for the role of Sullivan's right-hand man. Ladies and gentlemen...

Father James Mitchell

mitchell.jpg

... and, apparently, we are optioning a second arena. Well, I am going to use this opportunity to claim a bigger, and more spectacular building...

The Toronto Skydome

skydome_light.jpg