TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

From what mellow was telling me in a PM the other day, I think you can pick as many venues as you want. There's no shortage of great wrestling venues IMHO. Still some legendary venues on the board. There's one I'm downright shocked hasn't been picked yet.

As of the front page, here is a map displaying the distribution of our arenas.

Draft Map

Hope you find it at least somewhat interesting.

Gary Albright was on my board since round 12. I never needed him that badly. The Sportatorium and Texas Stadium? I tossed around on those two but took the latter for the size. Now, I can get a smaller venue to serve as either the weekly venue or the other special attraction location.

I'll have my selections up shortly.

I’ll select a talented valet who can occasionally mix it up inside the ring, her personality sets her apart from the other females already included in the company. The dark twisted nature will lend well to a few people here.

With my next selection, I will obtain

05.jpg

Daffney

The venues I'm taking are:

image164copy1.jpg

The Pontiac Silverdome, in Pontiac, Michigan.

and..

planning_baltimoreArena_01.jpg

The Baltimore Arena (1st Mariner Arena), in Baltimore, Maryland.

My two picks are:

saul.jpg

Saul Weingeroff

and..

01.jpg

Ruckus.

If for some reason my pick happens to come up before Monday afternoon, skip me. I'm going to the fair tomorrow.

I needed another pure baby face junior and this is one of the often under-looked ones,he was a solid singles performer that was a well-liked baby face that probably will be best suited for JTTS duties but every promotion requires that guy.

The next selection of the draft will be

entenwa8.JPG

The Z-Man, Tom Zenk

My promotion has the advantage of a huge star in this particular state and a good majority of the roster spent time in this general area and the style suits the period that this particular venue was a common destination. It's not a historic venue by any means but it's a modest size arena that'll hold 7-8k. I believe this venue isn't a severe departure from my major venue in Dallas.

My 2nd venue selection

300px-Albany_Civ_Center.JPG

Gray Civic Center in Albany, Georgia

My third & final venue pick:

The Kiel Orditorium is where my main supercards will take place

The Dallas Sportatorium is where my TV tapings take place

The following is also Texas-based where I can run house shows and tour for extra revenue.

The Cowtown Coliseum

54200251.PICT0077Large.jpg

Brother Love

A man to lead a dick heel, or tempt someone over to the dark side.

Can provide instant heat to an unover heel.

BrotherLove_Jan89.jpg

My next pick adds another member to the Order of the Neo Solar Temple. I was thinking about this, and realized that this group is going to have a dynamic sort of like Skeletor and his evil warriors. Think about it...

Ultramantis Black as Skeletor, the overbearing self centered leader who blames his incompetency on his henchmen.

Vampiro as Hordak, the legitimate most powerful, but uses his power to manipulate Ultramantis

Hydra and Crossbones as Mer-Man and Beast-Man, the two comic relief henchmen

So that leaves us with an opening for an Evil-Lyn, female for the group. This woman is going to be the second in command of the Order, and at times show she is more ruthless and competent than Ultramantis. Since she is not an active wrestler, she slyly manipulates the Order into her agenda. Although she clearly has her own agenda, Ultramantis still thinks that she is his strongest ally.

shellymartinezarieldp8.jpg

Ariel

ecwsign.jpg

And for my arena, I'm a place for my smaller shows...the good ole' ECW Arena/New Alhambra Arena/Viking Hall!

Oh trust me, it's a good thing.

With the guys you have, be they ECW guys such as Cactus and the bWo, as well as the various Chikara guys you have I can't imagine another venue that would work quite as well. I was hoping it would last back round to you.

At this point, I think we could end up just building a traveling circuit for our promotion and not just a one-off super-card as we originally planned. I think so many like myself have ideas beyond just one card and would like to build something big or do multiple things. You can't really run out of venues. I think having Georgia and Texas covered just makes me want to a couple more markets around or between those destination points.

Well...I've got an arena in Mexico and an arena in Atlanta...What I'll probably do is split the roster into two sides and rotate through the undercard guys to keep both sides fresh while building up different top programs for each side. Then...for my "wrestlemania" or whatever it'll be called...we'll throw it all together in my third venue.

It's the home of the greatest WrestleMania of all time...and it's right where I would want to put a supercard given where I've chosen to run my promotion...

astrodome.jpg

It's the Astrodome.

And for my next pick (#32) I will select:

67_l.jpg

Kazuyuki Fujita

Fujita is another name I'm surprised lasted this long.

My next wrestler pick is someone who plays a great dick heel, has the legit credentials I like, and isn't that bad in the ring, either. I think he can do well in the more performance-orientated North American market, so I'm hoping he'd get over well whenever we hit the ACC. My next pick...

pic_naoya_ogawa_maxi.gif

Naoya Ogawa!

My third venue will be for TV tapings, and I'm going with a venue that guarantees a rabid response. Whether it'll be positive or negative will depend entirely on what goes on in the ring. My third and final venue...

crowd.jpg

The Hammerstein Ballroom!

I've rethought my initial venue strategy as I was originally thinking about picking somewhere down south, preferably near Mexico early on before I decided on two venues near where I live. Since neither of those venues can hold over 20,000, I've decided to pick The Alamodome in San Antonio, TX to hold the supercard with Nassau and the Meadowlands getting the secondary show(s).

alamodome-1a.jpg

Since I'll be running near Mexico I'll by selecting The Black Family's Cuervo, (E)Scoria & Ozz.

Black_family_en_AWC.jpg

Third location is outside of Houston yet still in Texas. A decent venue that is host to TV tapings on a regular basis when the WWE comes thru Texas.

thedrum.jpg

Frank Erwin Center on the University of Texas campus, Austin, TX

Now for my next manager, I was wanting to pick someone else to valet but I figure I need someone who can get on a mic and gain heat with my crowd. So for that I pick a man that is so god-damned fucking annoying you have no choice but to hate him:

BillAlphonso.jpg

Bill Alphonso

For my next selection, I am going to pick a hype-man to act as a mouthpiece for the Havana Pitbulls. This will probably also lead to the formation of a new "Rottweilers" stable, but for now, baby steps.

Ladies and gentlemen, my 23nd round choice, the ever-charismatic J-Train...

Julius Smokes

02-5.jpg

I wanted a big ol guy that's freaky.

I mean I have Kane, and Abdullah, so why not another guy that could viably go toe to toe with either man?

Plus I love evil clowns. Not a great worker, but could be a decent mid-card heel.

01.jpg

Pogo the Clown

Making this pick on the go... will give explanation later...

I select Larry "The Ax" Henning

Pic to come later...