TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

According to the polls on the UFC's website it appears that nobody gives a shit about seeing Rashad or Joe fight.

Which fight on UFN IV are you most looking forward to?

Cummo/Von Flue- 36.14

Bonnar/Jardine- 33.92

Neer/Stevenson- 12.22

Evans/Hoger- 9.74

Burkman/Fitch- 7.99

Luke/Joe is on right now from TUF 2 Finale. Well, its over now. I only caught round 3, but I was thinking "I would LOVE to see those TUF 2 matches" when I wrote the post above. Well, fuck yeah. Imes/Evans is up soon, but Tito/Tanner is on before that.

Rudo, I need to draw the line in the sand. You're aware that a Royce victory will taint GSP's stomping of Hughes. Thus, I am with all my heart cheering for Matt Hughes.

There. I've done it. You can cross it after the fight is over and Royce loses.

So I ran into a guy I know that does kick-boxing. He was on the World Combat League Denver team and he competed in Las Vegas. He's pretty good and he's working on his ground game too. He's a heavyweight.

I told him to go try and get the title off of Andre. He laughed and proceeded to give me a five minute description of the many different ways Arlvoski would kill him.

UFC Unleashed has:

Couture v Arsdale

Mir v Abbot

Liddell v Horn

in case anyone was interested.

Please tell me it's Liddell/Horn I. Lie to me, even.

WAR TRIO OF SEMI-RARE SUBMISSIONS AGAINST GUYS WITH POOR SUB DEFENSE!!!111

I would like to add that I hate when Unleashed will have a long-ish fight, and just recap middle rounds. "In round two, Couture and Van Arsdale fought some more, but we won't show it." "Gee, thanks UFC Unleashed!"

Once MVA gassed, the fight was basically two old, tired muscular dudes rolling around a bit until one subbed the other after trying for 12 minutes. They probably did you a favor there.

Oh, and for no reason at all:

kondofrank3jt9oi.gif

Kondo > Frank

Kondo's been gun shy as all hell since Silva put the rope-assisted hurt on him, but even if the LONG awaited move to 183lbs. doesn't rejuvinate him, Half-Assed Grappler Yuki still has a great chance at outwrestling and outlasting Baroni to a JD (assuming PRIDE, you know, actually lets him win one).

On that subject, for those ordering the BUSHIDO show hoping to see the the following fights, good luck:

Baroni vs Kondo

Kang vs Weir

Plus one more fight are going to be kept off the PPV for a Fox Sports Network exclusive show. Hopefully it's Silva/Minowa.

On that subject, for those ordering the BUSHIDO show hoping to see the the following fights, good luck:

Baroni vs Kondo

Kang vs Weir

Plus one more fight are going to be kept off the PPV for a Fox Sports Network exclusive show. Hopefully it's Silva/Minowa.

WAR Japanese broadcast!~!~!~

Ok back to the martial arts debate.

I'm watching UFC 2 now.

And I really want to know. What practical application do things like Ninjitsu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, and the like have in real life?

Watching UFC they all seem very very ineffective. Why are they still taught? They had to have worked at some point....didn't they?

Personally, in a real fight the best techniques generally involve gouging peoples eyes out or going in some way for their throat or groin.

The reality is, if you're in a real fight, and you feel like you could be seriously injured or killed, you want to attack the ACTUAL vulnerable parts of a person. Eyes, neck, groin. Or their mouth, if you can fishhook them somehow...

Seriously. That's what's effective. And you want to be faster and stronger than the person you're fighting, that usually helps too.

I mean, no matter how much technique you learn, in the end the best strike is some type of really quick punch or jab to the throat, and the best way to avoid it is to have your arms up, or to sidestep before trying to hit someone. So basically, keep your arms up in front of your face, and try and hit the person as hard as possible, and don't let anyone actually tackle you to the ground, because then they're probably just gonna reach in and try and take your eyeball out.

Knees are good too. Kicks are not, unless the person is on the ground, then you just stomp on them.

That's my philosophy on real fighting :)

LOTC said what we were all thinking.

The most effective street fighting defence would probably be a combination of boxing for power in your hands and wrestling for the ability to control another person long enough to get your ass out of there. You don't need to teach someone to hit the groin or rake the eyes or whatever.

From my limited experience and exposure to street fighting...

1 guy: punch him in the face, slam him on his head, and then stomp on him a bit.

2 guys or more: run, have a weapon on hand, or a bigger posse on your side.