TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I can see Serra/GSP taking on Fitch in August, September at the latest. The problem is that there's nobody around for Alves to take on. Lytle, Koscheck and Davis are all tied up with fights and like Mik said I don't know if Alves will want to stay inactive from now until December.

No way, man. You need to keep the #1 contender strong and not put him against an iron-clad behemoth like Tamdan. Gono said something hilarious which caused Tamdan to let his guard down and succumb to an armbar.

Seriously, though... Tamdan will be done with his break from fighting at the end of May so he needs back in the Octagon... preferably against someone slightly lower ranked.

I personally would like to see Alves Vs. Fitch II, I think Alves has a great chance of beating Fitch this time around... He's not the same fighter he was when Fitch dominated him.

Provided Koscheck gets past Lytle I'd enjoy seeing those two going at it for the next in line after Fitch. Since the Fitch bout Alves hasn't faced anybody with good wrestling so until I see his takedown defense I'd still go with Fitch even with the way he looked against Wilson.

In order to get UFC legalized in the state of NY, Dana is promising not only an event in NYC but an event "upstate" to bring in tourist revenue. Now - they'll probably go with Albany or Buffalo, but Syracuse is one of the possible locations!

http://mmamania.com/2008/04/10/ufc-using-t...rk-legislators/

If it happens I'm definitely getting cage-side tickets.

Also: Tyson Griffin vs. Marcus Aurelio looks to be almost penciled in for UFC 86.

Rudo and I could probably make a road trip down for that one too.

I'm down for Marcus vs Tyson. Griffin has good enough hands to hurt Marcus standing but once it goes to the mat things will be interesting.

I'm down for Marcus vs Tyson. Griffin has good enough hands to hurt Marcus standing but once it goes to the mat things will be interesting.

No it won't, it will be the same thing that happens everytime Marcus faces a good wrestler with a smart gameplan... Marcus ends up on his back getting pounded on for a desicion loss.

Evans, Edgar, Serra, McCrory, Maynard are all guys I'd assume would be on that card.

Great sig btw star. I look forward to the world tour of your daughter.

We're working on her visiting my in-laws in England, actually. BTW for those of you about to become uncles, the sunglasses + baby girl combo attracts women like a moth to a flame.

Cowboy, not that we're not boxing fans but this is just for MMA. There is a boxing thread in the sports folder. I'd move your posts for you but my power only extends in this folder.

Cowboy, not that we're not boxing fans but this is just for MMA. There is a boxing thread in the sports folder. I'd move your posts for you but my power only extends in this folder.

Ahhh.... Thought boxing was in here.

Down to the sports folder I go.

Semmy Schilt once again has shown that he could quite possibly go down as the strongest K-1 fighter in history.

First ever KO loss in the entire career of Mark Hunt to a spinning back kick from Schilt.

That man is fucking unstoppable in kickboxing. He hasn't lost in 20 months.

Hunt wasn't really moving much in that fight. He preferred to just stand in front of Sem and eat jabs and low kicks and rely on his granite chin to last long enough for him to connect with something. Unfortunately for Mark, Sem is a complete striker and just totally caught him right in the liver with a spinning back kick.

Badr Hari completely dismantled Sefo last night as he continues to look better and better. Ray, on the other hand, looks worse and worse, and unless he totally rededicates himself to the game, he should seriously consider retirement. Not a great night for entertaining fights, but Musashi and Sawayashiki was pretty fun and Feitosa strikes again with the Brazilian kick.

Hari looks more and more like the only person in K-1 who might have a shot at stopping Schilt's path to a 4th straight crown. He looked fantastic in his fight last night. I said this last year for the GP too, and Hari went out first round, but he looked like a goddamn monster against Sefo.

After YAMMA the night before, this K-1 show was excellent. The opening fight may go down as one of my favorite fights in the history of fighting.

Schilt is definitely by his lonesome at the top of the K-1 heap. Directly below him are Aerts (has evolved from a KO machine into a very smart and balanced fighter), Bonjasky, and Le Banner (still very dangerous when healthy), while the next group gets a little more muddled as it seems we are experiencing a changing of the guard in K-1. Hari, especially after last night's performance, is the head of this class, with Feitosa close behind, as he is continuing to progress as a fighter. Guys like Leko and Musashi, who's best years are behind them, can still hang with the best but after that it's a jumbled mess of fading veterans (Sefo, Abidi) and either unproven (Pitchkounov, Manhoef) or inconsistent fighters (Karaev, Die Faust).

Not sure if anyone will have anything for Schilt this year either, but Hari has as good a chance as anyone but it's still tough to think of anyone who's not a '98 Aerts or a '99-'00 Hoost having any chance against him at this point.

Jake O'Brien was cut by the UFC today. Dude was 4-1 in the UFC

Weren't most of those victories boring as shit LnP?

Oh I bought the Rumble on the Rock 2 disc/5 event set today. Gotta wait for the woman to go to bed (she wants to watch Desperate Housewives when she gets home so no MMA just yet) but I'm going to watch some of that shit. Too bad like all of them have Cabbage on the card. :(