TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I can see Koscheck using his stand up to set up his takedowns, but either way... Koscheck is a smart fighter, he's not going to play into Lytle's strengths... You would have to be an idiot to bash him for doing so.

Facing a wrestler who can strike is one of the toughest things in MMA, at least IMO. I know Josh's striking isn't on the level of a Gomi or Anderson Silva but it's progressed enough to the point where not only does Lytle have to be careful in exchanges, but he has to alter his stand up to defend against Josh's take downs as well. Kicks and knees are both susceptible to being caught and countered with a slam or a take down, so Lytle might be a little more susceptible to Josh's strikes because of the danger of Josh's wrestling.

Now this is all null and void if Lytle displays excellent take down defense, but I've seen enough of both fighter's bouts to believe that Josh shouldn't have a problem taking Chris down whenever he wants. Anyway, I love matches with a lot of unknown factors, makes it all the more dramatic when watching as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Woo-hoo! My two weeks is up, bye bye Ru!

Has anyone ever seen that Iron Ring show on BET? That show makes black people and MMA look bad... Doesn't suprise me, considering it's BET.

MARCUS HICKS IS KING! Everyone talked about how Ratcliff's stand up is so amazing, and Hicks despite having a good boxing background wont be able to stand with him... But what happend? Hicks drops Ratcliff and submits him... I hope you are holding that title very closely Varner, enjoy being champion as long as you can.

Not having Mir do the post fight interviews any longer is one of the greatest decisions that any MMA promotion has made in recent memory. Despite being a fairly competent color commentator, he just could not do a post fight interview to save his life. This new guy is actually pretty good at it, too.

I really like how the WEC does the superimposed fake staredown in the prefight video pieces. It looks real enough and it's actually pretty cool. I like their presentation in general.

And yeah - Hicks was a beast tonight. So was Steve Cantwell.

Crunkilton vs. Gomez was a hell of a fight. Easily the fight of the night.

WEC has something decent in Stann. All the pub with the military stuff and they have been building him up as a big deal since their very first show on Vs. It all paid off for them tonight. Hopefully they can capitalize on it a bit and get some attention from having him as a champ.

Another good card.

Real happy to see Stann beat Marshall.

Another well put together, slickly produced WEC show. The HD presentation is awesome. Really looking forward to Jens v. Faber.

Caught an episode of Iron Rings tonight. What a fucking disgrace.

When I heard BET was doing a MMA show, I actually had an open mind about it. I think it's important for the sport appeal to a wider demo, but this show is disrespectful to the sport and its fighters. Douchebag rappers acting like they are tougher than the fighters. Coaches mocking fighters for warming up before a fight because "you don't have time to warm up when you in streets". Mayweather and posse laughing at someone getting knocked out. Add in the not so subtle racism, and you have one shitty show.

Fuck Iron Rings.

They need to put Brian Stann in UFC immediately. I don't care how he stacks up in UFC. I don't care if he's "ready". There is HUGE MONEY to be made from that fucking guy. He has more star potential then just about anyone I've seen in a long time. Feed him some guys that he can beat in slugfests, while he talks about his experiences and how he's doing this for his fallen soldiers. This man will be like a golden goose laying eggs.

Does anyone have a picture of Babalu's mugshot? He's coming here to fight in Calgary in May, and I want to print off a big picture for a sign to see if he will jump at me in the crowd... I got good seats as well.

What does everyone think about Timmay leaving the UFC? I never thought I'd see the day but it appears to be the case.

If it happens it's a dumbass move by Zuffa to let him go. Regardless of peoples opinion of his entertainment value Sylvia has been a high-level HW for years now and would be a huge coup for any company to pick up. EliteXC will pick him up as soon as humanly possible and I'd be willing to bet we see Sylvia vs Antonio Silva for the first EliteXC Heavyweight belt before the summer is up.

Tim Sylvia leaving would be great. He has no marquee value and he can beat the crap out of every shitty heavyweight out there and destroy any chance of any other company having a marketable heavyweight division. Plus I won't have to watch him fight again.

If Elite XC doesn't make a play for both Fedor and Sylvia I would be shocked. To me, that seems like a no-brainer with the CBS deal. Tim Sylvia versus Fedor for the Elite XC Heavyweight Championship with ten weeks or so of build on CBS would do just about as good of a rating as you could get. Maybe even make a deal with K-1 or the old TV station that PRIDE was on to use that footage. UFC apparently doesn't own the whole video library, so there's Fedor footage you could tap into out there.

UFC's losing A LOT of people. I dunno if people are just testing out the market, or fighter's are finally getting sick of Dana's policies, but things are getting interesting really fast.