TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Until I see it on the junkie, I'll believe it... It would suck if it's true though.

But the sooner they decide whats going to happen, the better for Rashad, so he won't have to change his gameplan so quickly into training camp.

Doubt it, he would most likely just make Vera/Werdum the main event, and put it on free TV.

You think both Anderson and Okami are going to agree to a fight on a month notice? Fuck no...

I'd say you put Rashad against somebody lesser known @ 205 as the main event and make Vera/Werdum the co-main. As I said before though the problem is that there is literally nobody with a name to put Rashad against unless Thiago Silva or Gouveia are pulled off the main card of 84.

I'd say you put Rashad against somebody lesser known @ 205 as the main event and make Vera/Werdum the co-main. As I said before though the problem is that there is literally nobody with a name to put Rashad against unless Thiago Silva or Gouveia are pulled off the main card of 84.

Well neither Silva or Gouveia are fighting anyone note worthy in the divison, so I can't really see them turning it down at a chance to move higher it the rankings for a title shot. They can easily move Sokodjou/Nakamura to the main card, where it should be in the 1st place.

What about Matt Hamill? He can't be too bruised up from the Boetsch fight...

Hamill at the moment isn't at Rashad's level to be challenging somebody who's on the cusp of a title shot. I like the fight but I don't see it going down.

Well there is no one else currently under UFC contract that isn't busy with another fight right now, that can really challenge Rashad... Hamill is only the real ideal opponet for him.

I was thinking about saying Bonnar, but I remember Rashad dominated him already.

Matt Hamill is somewhat of a house hold name... If Dana is a smart business man like I think he is, then no other LHW who isn't busy at this point in time will generate more interest then Hamill against Rashad. Screw deserving, you think Gray Maynard deserved to fight Frankie Edgar?

I love when I make a valid point and then you side-track my comment (like you do with everybody else) by throwing out a question that's off-point.

And no, I thought Gray was a step down for Frankie just like Hammil would be a step down for Rashad.

I love when I make a valid point and then you side-track my comment (like you do with everybody else) by throwing out a question that's off-point.

And no, I thought Gray was a step down for Frankie just like Hammil would be a step down for Rashad.

And that isn't a valid point?

The fact is, when something happens that throws a monkey wrench into original plans, you have to make sacrifices in order to try to make things right.

Am I right there is no one under UFC contract that isn't busy with another fight, that isn't more deserving of a fight with Rashad then Matt Hamill? If so, then name one smart guy...

LOTC hates it, when I'm right.

Please explain to me how it's ignorant to think that Matt Hamill is the most valid and deserving LHW under a UFC contract and is not busy with another fight, to fight Rashad Evans? Like I said, I'm open to hear more suggestions, but you clearly can't name any.

Thank you for proving my point...

They're are not alot of top LHW's in the UFC right now that are not busy that can challenge or provide a marketable fight against Rashad Evans, like Matt Hamill can. Therefore he is the most suitable opponet at this current point in time. I can't see Dana or the UFC calling off fights that fighters already signed to, a month in advance... Therefore Gouveia and T.Silva are eliminated. Narrowing the list down to Matt Hamill.

In the words of Richard Pryor, as quoted by Eddie Murphy: "Have a coke, and a smile and shut the fuck up!".

I think if Dana called Thiago or Wilson and offered them the main event of a show that has title implications in the future versus a main card fight against a UFC debutante they'd be absolutely retarded to turn it down.

I think if Dana called Thiago or Wilson and offered them the main event of a show that has title implications in the future versus a main card fight against a UFC debutante they'd be absolutely retarded to turn it down.

Saying they will turn it down? No.. But put yourself in Dana's shoes, why bother rearranging a card this is a month away, when you can have an even MORE marketable main event with Evans/Hamill. Incase you forgot, UFC is a business aswell, and Matt Hamill is more of a name then Thiago Silva and Wilson Gouveia.

That'll depend on whether it's now a Spike show if Chuck is off or if they'll manage to salvage a PPV. I personally could give two shits about a Evans/Hamill main event and I imagine many could too. The undercard of the show is solid no question but to say this would be a salvageable show without Chuck in the main event is down right insane and to imagine this could get a decent buyrate with said main event is expecting a lot out of fans.

Edit: FWIW, Meltzer has been saying that James Irvin has been contacted as a replacement. Also another main event people will have an issue paying for if it's a PPV.

I read that they are just going to push Chuck/Rashad back to the end of the summer.

Chuck's injury:

chuckliddell-injury.jpg

Anyways, Dana wants WEC to be the smaller weights and UFC to have the bigger weights so it's possible that Sonnen, Filho, Stann and pretty much their entire 185 and 205 pound divisions (those worthy) are headed to UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4188/wec-fighter...aded-to-ufc.mma

I'm not as optimistic about this as the writer of the article. I can't really see any of these guys being instant contenders.

Edit: FWIW, Meltzer has been saying that James Irvin has been contacted as a replacement. Also another main event people will have an issue paying for if it's a PPV.

True, if it's the main event. However Irvin has that "One Punch! One Punch!" power that can be promoted fairly well. Assuming, of course, you ignore that the guy has nothing outside of that.

Dana must be fuming. Not only is this show going to be disasterous in terms of buyrates (if it's a PPV) but the press he'd have recieved from having Chuck in his first ever UK bout is also down the shitter. The worst part is that it's pretty much his and Joe Silva's fault for making 84 so stacked when it comes to all the top players at LHW.

Since Chuck is injured, why not just simply go back to the original planned fight of Liddell/Rua later in the summer?

Also, the LHW division is already so packed in UFC, that adding more potential contenders is going to clog it up even more. There are probably enough good and entertaining LHW's to have a PPV tournament featuring just that weight division. Kind of like a Pride Grand Prix.......

I feel bad for Shogun, because that knee could end up being a problem for the rest of his career. He was training for his comeback fight and retore it. It's not a good sign.

Anyway...Rashad Evans versus James Irvin sounds like a poor fight, but really, has Rashad faced anyone with Irvin's kind of power? He would have with Liddell, but Irvin has INSANE power on his punches. He's also on a two fight win streak, and has that highlight reel KO over Houston Alexander they can play on loop. He's only 4-3 in UFC, but you can obscure (hide) that fact and just play that KO on Alexander, and the one on Terry Martin over and over endlessly. That should hide whatever faults there is atleast to the extent of Bisping/Evans.

That's an even worse choice then Matt Hamill. I know what you're saying in regards to the marketing of things but seriously, James Irvin? He'd slip on some ale on the way to the octagon and KO himself. Or tear something stuffing a takedown.

I feel bad for Shogun, because that knee could end up being a problem for the rest of his career. He was training for his comeback fight and retore it. It's not a good sign.

Anyway...Rashad Evans versus James Irvin sounds like a poor fight, but really, has Rashad faced anyone with Irvin's kind of power? He would have with Liddell, but Irvin has INSANE power on his punches. He's also on a two fight win streak, and has that highlight reel KO over Houston Alexander they can play on loop. He's only 4-3 in UFC, but you can obscure (hide) that fact and just play that KO on Alexander, and the one on Terry Martin over and over endlessly. That should hide whatever faults there is atleast to the extent of Bisping/Evans.

James Irvin has 0 ground game... Evans would most likely easily pass his guard and mount him, similar to what he did to Jason Lambert, who is a better grappler then Irvin.

And Keith Jardine hits like a ton of bricks, and Rashad fought him on TUF 2.

Rumors are a-flyin' that Rashad/Chuck is being held off until summer and the main event is..........wait for it.....................

Chris Leben vs Bisping. I wish I was joking.

Well it's in England... So it will problay make the home crowd happy.

Atleast they are not giving Bisping a can... I'm doing my best to try to be positive.

I can't see how Bisping wins this fight. He won't KO Leben, won't sub him and I don't think he has the wrestling to control the fight. I agree that it's nice to see Bisping get a test but I think this is the wrong call to make, especially for a main event in his home country.