TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

That would actually be a very intresting fight. Both have good standup (with Jackson getting the edge) and both are good wrestlers with nice ground and pound (with Tito taking this one).

Rampage, even in defeat has faced higher levels of competition then Tito has in a while but this probably wouldn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

So this is a better question(or maybe not).....who's better? Chuck or his teammate Rampage? Who was better in their prime(i hear Rampage has gone downhill).

Rampage in his prime had the perfect style to beat Chuck. I still think he can beat Chuck.

God dammit. Sorry. I goofed. I didn't mean to start another Chuck/Rampage debate.

When I said teammate I meant Tito and Rampage. Not Chuck and Rampage. I guess I had Chuck on the brain or something.

I was asking who's better. Tito or Rampage.

My bad.

Oh is this really along the same lines as those debates? I mean can't you analyze it through seeing their fights and styles and make an educated guess?

It's not like I'm asking who would win between Jack Dempsey and Mike Tyson. These guys fight in the same era and trained together.

Oh and it looks like my Judo career has been put on hold. I've been invited to start training kick-boxing and jiu-jitsu with a guy that runs a local gym named Scott "Conan" Mincey. He's held a ton of kick-boxing titles and one of his students competes in MMA and another competes in that fighting league Chuck Norris has.

Rampage's ability to block punches is what impresses me. He is still my favorite fighter, even after getting Axe Murdered X2. If any fighter makes a great comeback I hope it's him. We'll see how much he has left when he faces Lindland.

In the first hour of WOL, Dave was talking about the number of buys for Hughes vs. Gracie, and said it was in the ballpark of domestic buys for WM XXII, which was around 580,000. Anything above 500,000 buys for UFC is great news.

Right now, I'd pick Tito via unanimous JD. Rampage's takedown defense has looked rather mediocre lately, and he doesn't have the same aggressiveness standing as he did prior to the Silva knockouts. Also, while Tito has shown some ability to survive off his back, Rampage has never really been put in that position with someone like Tito teeing off (Tito wouldn't have to worry much abou a guard game).

Of course, Rampage could always KO Tito, but as YPOV has mentioned, Tito's become a bit harder to hit cleanly standing over the past couple of years.

Don't take everything I Say too seriously now, I think it's official. I officially am a Tito Ortiz nuthugger.

If he played to his strengths with the clinch game like he did in the old days, he'd kill Chuck. The only LHW that could beat him when he's on the top of his game is Shogun, but I am 50/50 on that one, if only because I have yet to see him handle a real aggressive fighter other than Wand that first time. Even still, he did okay there.

FUCK. THE. HATERS.

American Top Team's gym was mentioned in the latest edition of SI. OMG MAINSTREAM!!~!!!!!

I would not be suprised if the term "illegal drugs" was used somewhere.

It was, though unrelated to ATT.

The article was a "Where are they now" type deal, and apparently the US had an amazing Olympic boxing team at one Olympics where they cleaned up. They had little blurbs about each of the boxers, and one of them is the head boxing coach "at American Top Team Gym in Coconut Creek, Fl." This is a step down from showing Randy beating on Tito in the full mount.

Apparently Leon Spinks is a "Custodial worker" in some bumfuck town. From cleaning shit in the ring to cleaning shit in the halls! He looked pretty retarded in the picture though.

Somewhere Vladimir Matyushenko is jealous.

Vladimir Matyushenko is jealous of no man. If anything, all of Brazil is jealous of his newfound submission grappling skills.

Armbar victory + draw with Xande = pwn-ass grappler

Match Winner Loser Method Round Time

8 Vladimir Matyushenko Anthony Ruiz Submission (Armbar) 1 2:03

WHAT? I didn't even know of this, even though I checked for Condit. Vladdy is always slipping under the radar.

BRING ON FEDOR NOW!

I should point out that these guys don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Did you know Ed Herman is better than Leben? Since he had a great fight with Grove and Leben was smoked by Silva. Never mind that Silva dwarfs Grove in terms of ability. ARGH.

Give me a radio show, with Lei Tong. Make it happen No longer Nice Guy Adam.

Give me a radio show, with Lei Tong. Make it happen No longer Nice Guy Adam.

Give me the K-1 and Pride portion of the show, Lei gets miscellaneous orgs and overall shit, YPOV gets UFC since I know jack shit about TUF and Lei brings the knowledge for various smaller orgs in Japan.

How about I get show called "LeiTong's Big 'Fuck You,'" where I talk for 15 minutes about how awesome Shinya Aoki is, how shitty everyone else is, and then play mariachi music for the last 45?

I swear to God I tried to make a joke about you getting the "Smaller" orgs and you being Messican, but nothing came to me.

Shinya Aoki tried to become a police officer. I think we will see a "New Shinya" in the same stylings of the New Vitor because of this. Don't quote me on that though.

We need more gimmick "professional Fighters" to post at this place.

I swear to God I tried to make a joke about you getting the "Smaller" orgs and you being Messican, but nothing came to me.

I'm actually a giant amongst my people. We're much like pygmies.

Shinya Aoki tried to become a police officer. I think we will see a "New Shinya" in the same stylings of the New Vitor because of this. Don't quote me on that though.

Shinya rocks crazy BJJ, enters to "Baka Survivor" and disses on PRIDE & K-1. It's impossible for him to not rule.

We need more gimmick "professional Fighters" to post at this place.

Best one ever...

DID SOMEBODY SAY DISSAPOINTMENT?!?!?!

If you guys ever get a radio show, I would do everything in my poor to shut it down. Last thing I need to hear is Lei Tong nuthug some random Japanese fighter, and YPOV go on about how Matt Hughes is the best.

I would totally listen to that radio show, as long as there's a 5 minute rant dedicated each show to Lei Tongs least favorite LNP fighter of the week, that descends into random rapid-fire spanish.

i'm totally all about that segment.

EDIT: And it would have to finish with random japanese fighter nuthugging. This is just to be expected.

I bought my first PRIDE DVD the other day(Silva/Jackson II) and I was just wondering what the weight classes and title histories were.

Because I tried to look it up on PRIDE's website and they didn't have it.

If you guys ever get a radio show, I would do everything in my poor to shut it down. Last thing I need to hear is Lei Tong nuthug some random Japanese fighter, and YPOV go on about how Matt Hughes is the best.

Matt Hughes is not the best, GSP is. You aren't capable of reading between the lines/digging through analysis so I can understand why you'd make that mistake. Shinya Aoki is a top five, some say top three welterweight. Just because your dumbass doesn't know him doesn't mean he's a "random".

If you want we can throw in a "Team Dagger breakdown" segment to keep you happy.

But you're right, you are poor.