TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

If I could get a poster of the real version of the photo with the two of them on the mats, I fucking would.

And so would you.

[Cam'Rom]No Homo[/Cam'Ron]

Guest DRH 502

Curry, that staredown between Silva and Liddell is soooo intense. Chuck looks almost as if he is gonna have fun kicking Silva's ass, and Silva looks like he is hell bent on destroying Liddell. Its gonna be a good fight. I like the Tito/Chuck staredown alot better though...

"I'll tell you this much, if he has the balls to stand up and throw with me...i'ma knock 'em out. And HE KNOWS IT" *FINGER POINT*

Replace "exciting" with "the biggest example of referee bias in recent MMA history" and you're spot-on.

Good enough fight but I can't in good conscience approve of it because of the huge pile of bullshit covering it.

Replace "exciting" with "the biggest example of referee bias in recent MMA history" and you're spot-on.

Good enough fight but I can't in good conscience approve of it because of the huge pile of bullshit covering it.

Saku was still getting his ass beat as soon as the ref restarted them and still recovered, so it wasn't as bad, but it was still pretty biased.

From the sound of it, Sak was getting absolutely mauled and not defending himself (grounds for a stoppage), purposely flopped out of the ring (again, grounds enough for a stoppage), still got his head bounced off the mat (blah blah stoppage), and then was saved as the ref took his time restarting them.

Can anyone give me details about the Manheof fight?

It sucked bigtime. Crosley couldn't take Melvin down for shit, and just sat down on his ass every time Melvin threw a strike, like he believed Mel would be stupid enough to follow him down. Fuck Crosley Gracie. At least Newton would have fought like a man.

Saku definitely did not flop out of the ring purposely. Controversial call, and Sak being the benefactor only makes it more so, really.

Can anyone give me details about the Manheof fight?

It sucked bigtime. Crosley couldn't take Melvin down for shit, and just sat down on his ass every time Melvin threw a strike, like he believed Mel would be stupid enough to follow him down. Fuck Crosley Gracie. At least Newton would have fought like a man.

Saku definitely did not flop out of the ring purposely. Controversial call, and Sak being the benefactor only makes it more so, really.

Atleast my boy Manheof can say he beat a Gracie ;) ;)

I was watching Bushido Vol. 1 with the Team Gracie vs. Team Japan(a cool concept btw) and they were talking about how Royce Gracie was the leader of the Gracie's. I didn't think that was true.....he's not even the best Gracie is he?

And what's with all the draws on his record? I'd heard someone say he usually fights under modified rules....but I mean he'd lost most of these draws if there were judges wouldn't he?

And another thing for those that have the Bushido DVD. They said that the Gracie's were trying to avenge Royce's loss to Yoshida at Shockwave but Shockwave and that fight didn't happen till after Bushido 1 and it was a draw. Bad editing and bad directing on that little part?

I was watching Bushido Vol. 1 with the Team Gracie vs. Team Japan(a cool concept btw) and they were talking about how Royce Gracie was the leader of the Gracie's. I didn't think that was true.....he's not even the best Gracie is he?

And what's with all the draws on his record? I'd heard someone say he usually fights under modified rules....but I mean he'd lost most of these draws if there were judges wouldn't he?

And another thing for those that have the Bushido DVD. They said that the Gracie's were trying to avenge Royce's loss to Yoshida at Shockwave but Shockwave and that fight didn't happen till after Bushido 1 and it was a draw. Bad editing and bad directing on that little part?

You just answered your own question regarding the modified rules.

Guest DRH 502

Gracie's modified rules were a result of him trying to save his legacy in MMA. You know what I found funny, was that the UFC forever wouldn't drop the loss from the UFC when his corner threw in the towel...Yet when he fought Hughes he was magically undefeated again....

You just answered your own question regarding the modified rules.

I asked some other questions you could probably answer too.

Good choice for the UFN, and a nice gesture to all the fans who paid for a great fight and got a fizzer.

Guest DRH 502

I have no clue why on earth Shamrock would want to get his ass beat again...Seriously the poor dude isn't get any younger, i'm sure each concussion is harder and harder to recover from...

As for Tank Abbott vs. Paul Buentello...that honestly sounds like it would have main evented UFC 10....

I actually wasn't being sarcastic earlier, but Buentello is an AKA guy, Tank is a "living legend," and both have reps for knocking guys out or getting obliterated themselves. It'll probably be better received than Overeem/Belfort.

Wow, is Penn that dejected after the GSP loss that UFC is giving him a guaranteed win? I mean, I would be too but still. Figured they'd give him somebody like Diego, Karo or Fitch.

Don't get me wrong, Hironaka's good. He's easily Top 15, and possibly on the same level as the previously aforementioned guys... but BJ is a P4P caliber fighter with much better stand-up and good takedown defense.

Well, at least he doesn't have Aoki's guard.