TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

News You Can (barely) Use

I really miss the live "intro" shows for PPV's. Would it be that difficult to get Sci-Fi to hold off another airing of The Twilight Zone on Sunday nights at 7:30?

I really miss the live "intro" shows for PPV's. Would it be that difficult to get Sci-Fi to hold off another airing of The Twilight Zone on Sunday nights at 7:30?

I don't. It was just useless hype with a filler B-match. No big loss.

In '99 the pre-shows used to have plenty happening. Of course, that was back when Heat meant something. And it was usually a last minute announcement of making the main-event a No Holds Barred Match or something. But, still. And the early 90s Todd Pettingill countdown shows were pointless fun.

Considering dark matches have gone from the likes Paul London vs. Mark Jindrak to Jeff Hardy vs. MVP, they could probably do worse than televising it.

WWE.Com is reporting that Trevor Murdoch has been released from WWE.

There will have to be more to this story. Hayes was said to be a big fan of Murdoch and requested him over to SD! at the recent draft. Also he was Harley Race's top student, and Race once put him over saying he and CM Punk were the future of the business. Race is held in high regard by the wwe.

I was thinking the same thing, TCD. Quite unusual... I'm not going to make crazy statements about Trevor perhaps knowing more about 6/24 then he's let on, but something is definitely amiss.

Odd note #2: WO/F4W lists his name was "Bill Mueller" - this is the first I've seen of this, his real name is usually cited as Trevor Stanley Rhodes.

I was thinking the same thing, TCD. Quite unusual... I'm not going to make crazy statements about Trevor perhaps knowing more about 6/24 then he's let on, but something is definitely amiss.

What's this all about, what happened on 6/24? My brain is dead tonight.

Yes. It also doubled as a reference to days gone by where people would "use dates and shit" to reference a match instead of the participants involved. Also, 9/11.

Yes. It also doubled as a reference to days gone by where people would "use dates and shit" to reference a match instead of the participants involved. Also, 9/11.

Shit Benoit and Murdoch were behind 9/11? :ph34r:

Shit Benoit and Murdoch were behind 9/11? :ph34r:

No, Hogan was.

Well, he's the first casualty to the "Draft Curse" for this year.

I saw Hayes molding Murdoch into a redneck shitkicker bully type, a la Terry Gordy, on Smackdown. I think he would have excelled in the role if given the chance and the right opponents to pit himself against.

I saw Hayes molding Murdoch into a redneck shitkicker bully type, a la Terry Gordy, on Smackdown. I think he would have excelled in the role if given the chance and the right opponents to pit himself against.

Agreed. I have always wished they would have done something more with Murdoch because he definitely has one of the more "unique" looks in wrestling. If they weren't a comedy act, he could have made a nice addition with Jesse and Festus.

That sucks to hear. I never understood why WWE broke up Cade / Murdoch to begin with. They were one of the best (and very few) tag teams they actually had. And the kayfabe reason was even worse! Lance broke up with Trevor because Trevor liked to sing?!! And they were still winning matches at the time of their break-up, WTF?

I think they were on a losing streak when Trevor 1st started singing. Then the week after that they snapped their losing streak, Cade asked Murdoch to sing a victory song. Murdoch started singing, Cade than caught him with probably the best punch this year.

Ashley Massaro has confirmed PWI's report that she is quitting WWE to be with her sick daughter. Get your bad grammar shields on.

some unfortunate news...this is the hardest decision i have ever had to make

I have some thing to tell you guys and I wanted u 2 be the first 2 hear it...I tried very hard out of the respect I have for her privacy and not wanting her 2 be exposed in any negative light but I have a 7yr old daughter and I just found out 2day that she not well and I can't be on the road with WWE when my own flesh and blood needs me...I am a single parent trying 2 juggle taking care of my child and working my BUTT off for her and now at this point when she is sick and needs me home I have 2 make the decision 2 bow out of wwe for a while and take care of my daughter...I wish I could do both and that there were more ways 2 get everything done but with the severity of the situation I'm going 2 have 2 ask for an early release for now...I may be back if she gets better...please keep her in your prayers...I love the wwe...I love all the talent that works there and most of all I love all the fans...thanks for always being so supportive...so this is me taking a bow and stepping out of the lime light right now to take care of my family...stick with me guys cause I will be back somewhere some how when this is all over...thanks for all your love and support and I'm sorry 2 be the bearer of bad news...thanks and good night my punks...stick with me ill see you soon

Xoxo

Dirty Dirty

Post song-May Angels Lead You In-Jimmy Eat World

So.. being a single mom, how does she take care of her kid if she doesn't have a job?

Also - do the "diva's" even do house shows? I more or less thought they were just for TV..

I have some thing to tell you guys and I wanted u 2 be the first 2 hear it.

I think PWI beat her to it.

So.. being a single mom, how does she take care of her kid if she doesn't have a job?

Also - do the "diva's" even do house shows? I more or less thought they were just for TV..

They are usually just there to kill a bit of time during house shows. Usually throwing free shit out after they come back from the intermission

I like how everyone seemed to be saying that Trevor was going to be the big break-out star of that tag team and now suddenly it has become the exact opposite. Both had potential, but we might not have all the story on why Murdoch got the boot.

Someone like Ashley can find work. Getting a job isn't difficult. The Divas have a schedule just like the other performers although that changes when they do shoots and publicity spots.