TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

If you don't want things spoiled, avoid the topic. There are too many time zones and programming schedules to set a proper time. Between NBC having taped programming, putting that same programming even later on the West Coast, Canada, Great Britain, etc. What's proper? Only fair way is as they happen.

At least wait until it's shown on TV once. I stayed away from sports websites all day. I thought this thread would be okay since we only get 5-6 posts a day and people probably didn't care enough to check results. My fault too. I should have known better.

If you don't want things spoiled, avoid the topic. There are too many time zones and programming schedules to set a proper time. Between NBC having taped programming, putting that same programming even later on the West Coast, Canada, Great Britain, etc. What's proper? Only fair way is as they happen.

Exactly. Live as they happen is the only option we have, which is generally when CBC shows anything important anyways, using tape delay if there is more than one thing going on at once.

Damn, I feel bad for Lolo Jones. She had the 100m hurdles won, with 2 hurdles left to go and she clipped the 2nd to last one, and finished 7th. She was pretty classy giving an interview afterward but the last shot they had of her was crying against a wall.

Guest Smues
MichaelPhelps.gif

That's amazingly awesome. I'm sick of seeing still photos of him screaming like a monkey, but that more than makes up for all of it.

Shawn Johnson is really cute. When she won, smiling and waving it was like "Aw!" Drastically different from Liukin's deadpan stare of doom.

BMX supercross just doesn't look like it belongs in the Olympics. How much longer before we end up with really ridiculous stuff like bowling, miniature golf, poker or stock car racing?

BMX supercross just doesn't look like it belongs in the Olympics. How much longer before we end up with really ridiculous stuff like bowling, miniature golf, poker or stock car racing?

Hopefully not much longer. Who's up for representing the US with me?

But I do like watching the BMX races.

I gotta be honest here...I'm actually surprised bowling ISN'T an Olympic sport. I mean, ping pong, badminton and beach volleyball are...

I gotta be honest here...I'm actually surprised bowling ISN'T an Olympic sport. I mean, ping pong, badminton and beach volleyball are...

Bowling doesn't have any kind of organization outside of North America.

Actually, bowling has been a demonstration sport at The Olympics before.

And did you guys know that The Tug of War used to be an Olympic sport? They have to bring that one back, dammit! Oh the things you learn from wikipedia!

They're playing again?! That's ridiculous; Japan's already played two games in the last twelve hours! :ph34r:

EDIT - Oh... you said baseball...

[Litella]

Never mind.

[/Litella]

Edited by Mr. S£im Citrus

Yeah, wish NBC had a live feed of that but oh well. Bolt is insane.

I've never seen anybody just demolish the field like this in the sprints. Nobody else is even close.

Some controversy over the Bronze Medallist who stepped out of his lane and got DQd.

Bolt is incredible. Crushed the competition in both races running absurd times in the process, and the scary thing is at 21 years old he's only scratching the surface of how good he could be. Hard to believe anyone could overshadow what Michael Phelps has achieved this Olympics, but Usain Bolt might have done it.

It's got to be soul crushing to be a 100 or 200 meter sprinter after what Bolt did this week. He's only going to improve his technique and run faster times in the future, and he's already obliterating the fields by such wide margins that no one else is in the picture when he's crossing the line. Damn.