TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Box Office Report...

I've never walked out of a movie...but I've sat through some things that I wished I had.

The most people I ever saw walk out of a movie was for the movie Seven. People just got disturbed I guess. Which I found weird because I've seen far more disturbing or graphic movies...but then I guess when you put A list actors in a movie you draw a crowd expecting something different.

The only time I even thought about walking out of was Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within when I was 13. The only reason I stayed there was it was a friend's birthday. It didn't stop me from threatening to sneak into a showing of Scary Movie 2 at the same theater.

My philosophy of not walking out on movies is similar to Richard Roeper's. I always have an unrealistic hope that no matter how bad a movie is, maybe it'll get better. By the time I realize the movie isn't going to get better usually I've invested too much time in the movie anyways and might as well finish it.

I would never walk out of a movie, but I thought of walking out during Love Guru. It was excruiating at times, but I wanted to see the Leaf stuff.

The guy sitting next to me walked out during the naked wrestling scene in Borat

I was about to say that I've never seen anybody walk out of a movie but then I remembered a couple old biddies who were sitting behind me walked out of I Heart Huckabees about halfway through the movie because they didn't get what was going on. There are many valid reasons for walking out of a movie but that definitely isn't one of them. Maybe I'd think differently if I was 60.

I suppose this isn't really relevant, but I am actually phenomenally good at being able to tell when I will like a movie based on one trailer or teaser. I never see movies that I don't appreciate on some level, and I go once or twice a week.

The last movie that I saw that I just straight up didn't like was Cold Creek Manor (fooled by a good cast) and before that, probably Independence Day (caught up in the hype... I was 13, what do you want?).

I'm legitimately proud of that record.

I've been hornswaggled into a few shitty ones in my time. I wanted to see a movie on my birthday, and Timecop was the only one which seemed relevant to my interests, and, well... yeah. I saw a lot of shitty ones when I worked at movie theaters, we're talking Speed 2 and Batman & Robin, but since I got in free I didn't feel like I had as much right to complain. Sometimes I've intentionally gone with some friends to see a piece of crap, like me and my girlfriend MST3K-ing the hell out of Final Destination. (One of my greatest movie moments ever was just sitting next to her when she intoned the line "I somehow... believed him!" right before the guy on the screen did.)

I've never actually walked out on a movie I paid to see. Sometimes I pooped out earlier than planned in a day-long theater hopping session (after Adaptation, I just wasn't in the mood to suffer through Darkness Falls). I have however fallen asleep during a few films: DaVinci Code, looking at you!

It amazes me that anyone would walk out of the aforementioned movies.......28 Days Later (I dont get that one at all), Seven (I guess I get it with the grisly nature of that film, but still....) and BORAT?!! Wow, someone must have been extremely homophobic to walk out of one of the more hilarious scenes of the film.

With all of that said, I have left one movie before, Derailed......I think that was the name, With Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen. It all relates to wrestling, though, why I left. I went and saw it about 3 hours or so across the street from Target Center before a live Raw, which happened to end up being the Eddy Guererro tribute show. Got in a little late to the movie in the first place, didn't really know what the fuck was going on anyway in terms of a plot for the movie, and then as I became bored as hell with it, I got a text message from a friend mentioning Guererro found dead earlier (which up until hearing this, I had no idea) in Minneapolis, and that the show will likely be a tribute. Once I heard that, I hightailed it out of the movie to head over to the arena to try to find out what happened, etc.

Guerrero died on a Sunday. Raw is on a Monday.

Am I missing something about what happened in your story? How do you go a full day without finding out a wrestler dies...when your a big enough fan to be going to a show the next day?

Just this one post has made your life so interesting to me. I must know more.

EDIT: Turns out Raw was taped on a Sunday that day for some reason. You are no longer interesting to me. Carry on.

Only movie I walked out of was Brokeback Mountain, but that was only because it was late, I had to work the next morning, and the pace of the first half of the film I found to be slow as shit. Plus it was free to see anyway.

I later watched the whole thing and found it to be okay.

Am I missing something about what happened in your story? How do you go a full day without finding out a wrestler dies...when your a big enough fan to be going to a show the next day?

EDIT: Turns out Raw was taped on a Sunday that day for some reason. You are no longer interesting to me. Carry on.

Yea, they taped that RAW on a Sunday because they were going to Europe.

This couple walked out of Sweeney Tddd, but I think they might have been sneak ins, who didn't know it was a musical. It was good b/c it meant my friend and I were the only ones in theatre and thus could talk.

Only movie I walked out of was Brokeback Mountain, but that was only because it was late, I had to work the next morning, and the pace of the first half of the film I found to be slow as shit. Plus it was free to see anyway.

I later watched the whole thing and found it to be okay.

I only saw that cause there was a girl involved, and the payoff afterwards was worth it.

I had four pepole walk out of Final Destitation at the dollar theatre after the blonde bitch got hit by the bus. I think it was more because that the audience found the scence hilarious. I walked out of The Mist at the same theatre because I was bored and a raging alcoholic who couldn't wait to hit the bars.

I've never walked out of a movie, but I was so fucking tempted to during Jurassic Park 3. If I would have been there by myself, I'm pretty sure I would have.

Spy Who Shagged Me is the only movie I've ever actually seen someone walk out of (over the shit drinking scene).

I saw a couple of people walk out of Clerks 2 due to Randall's line that was something similar to "C'mon, I let you smell my fingers after I fucked so-and-so's kid sister..."

They had been scoffing at a lot of comments up to that point, it's a shame they missed the donkey scene. It makes me wonder if they were even familiar with the first film.

Jeepers Creepers almost made me walk out, but someone else paid and it would have been rude.

Oh, and Belly. But my girlfriend at the time was enjoying it, So I had to stay.

OH, and Three Strikes (with Brian Hooks). I don't know how I ended up going to that piece of shit.

Yeah, I can't remember why Raw was taped on a Sunday, but it was. Smackdown was also taped after Raw that night. Must have had some overseas tour or something.

I probably should have and would have known earlier, as I would assume the news broke that Sunday morning, but I was coming back from a vacation up in northern Minnesota and had no internet or news access really that entire weekend.

It was actually pretty weird overall......before I went into the movie across from the arena, the Target Center area was pretty much quiet as nobody showed up to wait in line, etc, yet. And then by the time I came back out, about an hour later, news vans and the like started showing up, so I got the full story from them. Then slowly more and more fans showed up and I found out more information second hand. It was pretty surreal and by the time the show actually began, it was just like I was in some sort of strange dream to say the least. It's still to this day the most significant, memorable, and emotionally draining wrestling event I've ever been to, by far.

My grandparents walked out on Leaving Las Vegas.

To this day my (now 90 year old) grandfather will go on about what a piece of shit movie that was (in his opinion). It's actually quite funny. It's the only movie he's ever walked out of.

The only movie I ever walked out of was Ocean's 12. It was a late showing after our company Christmas party, I had a couple in me and was just bored out of my mind watching it.

That was actually one of a very few films that I was extremely close to walking out of. Besides the movie just being slow, tedious, pretentious, and mundane as all hell, the theater was crowded to the max, had to sit right next to a group that wouldn't shut up (as in literally the next seat by me, which I always hate dealing with, I like at least a seat apart from strangers), and on top of it, the surround sound went out in the theater so it was very hard to even hear the movie when it was all coming from the front at a lower volume. Yet I stayed and suffered.

Guest Smues

I've never completely walked out on a movie by choice, but I have walked out once. My girlfriend demanded we leave Fear dot com so I left. Sure the movie sucked, but I would have sat through it I guess. When I was like 10 I walked out on The Stupids when he started singing 'I'm my own Grandpa' and went and watched a few minutes of Escape from LA until it was over.

Oh and I would have easily walked out on Transformers had I not been with others. Instead I just sat there trying to find something I could use to slit my wrists and end the pain.

I've never walked out of a movie before and haven't really been tempted to do so. Hell I even saw Gigli at the theater, mainly to see how bad it was going to be. There were a couple of other people there and they walked out though.

Oh and I would have easily walked out on Transformers had I not been with others. Instead I just sat there trying to find something I could use to slit my wrists and end the pain.

oh stop, it wasnt nearly that bad.

oh stop, it wasnt nearly that bad.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand what made Transformers, of all movies, one to warrant even thinking about walking out of? It was a wild effects extravaganza for sure, and the story wasn't so bad, boring, stale, etc, to really even dig on it in that capacity.

well come on, it's one of those movies you just know you're either going to like it or hate it before even going in to it. If the positives (it's Transformers) outweighs the negatives (it's Michael Bay), for you, then you'll be just fine.

Oh stop, it wasnt nearly that bad.

Let's not go lower-case crazy.

Transformers was pretty bad, but not worth walking out on. It had its moments, and the awful Michael Bay dialogue was something to laugh at. Shame it somehow became one of the biggest films of the year.

The first half of Transformers (aside from the Blackout & Scorponok fights) was incredibly boring. I was just not engaged by any of the idiot human characters at all. It is okay after John Turturro shows up. He sucks in this film, but it marks the turning point.

I disagree, I just lost interest as the film wore on. The good v. bad Transformer fight was just so lifeless, I felt like I had summer popcorn flick fatigue. I realised midway through I just could not care about the story or characters