TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Up All Night With MarvinisaLunatic Part 2 Non Gulag Edition

I say it's photoshopped.

Just look at the shadows.

Also: Marvin - Energy drinks and sleeping pills are NOT a cool combination for somebody with heart conditions, nigga.

You gonna be dead soon.

Like, real soon.

Don't forget Matt Young.

I love when he flips out. It's my favorite thing ever.

Also, speeding your heart way the fuck up and then slowing it back down isn't really the smartest idea when you've had open heart surgery. I'm also going to assume you don't work out.

Guest !!!
Also, speeding your heart way the fuck up and then slowing it back down isn't really the smartest idea when you've had open heart surgery. I'm also going to assume you don't work out.

I'd argue that's it's ill-advised even if you haven't been cut up. That's what killed Judy Garland, right?

Yeah, Marv, no exercise in conjunction with that kind of chemical strain has gotta have you flying headlong into some sort of cardiovascular cataclysm. Whatever.

I'd argue that's it's ill-advised even if you haven't been cut up. That's what killed Judy Garland, right?

Yeah, Marv, no exercise in conjunction with that kind of chemical strain has gotta have you flying headlong into some sort of cardiovascular cataclysm. Whatever.

I only did that like..twice, and it was because if I didnt get to sleep, Id end up getting tired about the same time I had to get up the next day to do the 4:30 to 7 shift again.

Id rather chance the mix of sleeping pills and energy drinks and at least get 5 hours sleep than to try and stay up for 40 hours straight working 29 of them. I dont have to do the back to back 14 hour shifts much though as I usually at least get a day off between them.

Re: energy drinks. I don't really understand the reliance on them. Most of them, anyway. The majority are just glorified cans of pop. That Rock Star you're rockin' in the pic, Marv, has 46 grams of sugar, 48 grams of carbs, and 200 calories. And you drank THREE of those bitches?

I do drink diet versions, it's true. There's coffee at work, I just prefer the taste of energy drinks.

A guy at my old job once drank five Full Throttles in a row. He was an odd guy, used to like, run up and down the stairs for an hour with a tire on his back. He works for the fire department now. If I was ever in a burning building, I'd feel better if I knew that dude was coming to rescue me.

Re: energy drinks. I don't really understand the reliance on them. Most of them, anyway. The majority are just glorified cans of pop. That Rock Star you're rockin' in the pic, Marv, has 46 grams of sugar, 48 grams of carbs, and 200 calories. And you drank THREE of those bitches?

Like I said earlier though, these are 50% fruit juice (probably the least of which is pomegranate juice, but its in there for real at least) and theres no fucking corn syrup.

As far as best tasting energy drink, Ive only had 4, all obtained cheaply from Big Lots.

Rockstar Juiced (tastes great and has a good kick of energy)

Del Monte Bloom Juice Energy Drink (made with real fruit juice, but not that much energy kick)

Xenergy Xyience Energy Drink (UFC guys drink this stuff..yeah..uhuh! It was ok..the taste wasn't bad but it did have a kick to it)

Stacker 2 YJStinger Citrus (Nasty stuff taste wise and I didnt notice any energy kick)

Also, I dont drink coffee (or any other hot beverages like Tea or Hot Chocolate)

OMG IT HAS JUICE! Don't be silly and think you're drinking something that isn't shitty for you, just because it has juice. Juice, contrary to popular belief, isn't that great for you. Almost every juice has tons of sugar crammed into it to deaden the tart flavor. No sense in trying to argue with the nutrition label, Marv. It's not like I just pulled those numbers out of the air.

OMG IT HAS JUICE! Don't be silly and think you're drinking something that isn't shitty for you, just because it has juice. Juice, contrary to popular belief, isn't that great for you. Almost every juice has tons of sugar crammed into it to deaden the tart flavor. No sense in trying to argue with the nutrition label, Marv. It's not like I just pulled those numbers out of the air.

Most other Energy drinks dont use juice. And Rockstar is sweetened with a combination of the juices (apple, pear and pomegranate) and sucrose which is plain sugar, not corn syrup which is the biggest issue I have with just about all drinks these days. It also had 80 less calories and 12 fewer grams of sugar per can than regular Rockstar drinks.

So its not AS BAD as you think

"12 spoons of sugar, that's bad."

Its 4 tablespoons for 24 grams of sugar in a 16 oz can. Ive seen people, especially when I was in Charleston, fill up a glass of tea with so much sugar that the bottom of the glass had about a 1 to 2 inch layer of undisolved sugar at the bottom.

so whatever.

Plenty of them are, but it's not really for lack of knowledge. It's like a job hazard. Meanwhile Marv pounds these down to excess when he doesn't really need to.

You try working a 14 hour shift on 4-5 hours sleep. By noon, when I get my lunch break, im usually feeling pretty run down and I still have 7 hours more to work. Ive been drinking my energy drinks right before Lunch for the past year or so with no problems.

You sure are here a lot for someone that has 19 hours of his day occupied by work and sleep.

But then again, I'm at work right now...

I only work 3 days a week (2 14 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift = 36 hours a week)