TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

Could you pass the US citizenship test?

18 of 20. I got the opening lines of the Constitution wrong, and how many amendments are attached to the Constitution. Yay, I are American now.

19/20 - The one I got wrong was "Which was not an original state?". I should have gotten that one right, but it balanced out because I guessed correctly on "Which is not a federal power?".

I have taken this test before so I got a 20/20. It was a Facebook app that I no longer have, but I think I got 19/20 the first time. I am glad that the test is at least this difficult (to those coming into the country).

18/20...forgot about the Senate deal and I did have the right Chief Justice at first but I changed the answer.

I missed the opening words of the Constitution (which I knew, but talked myself out of), the President during WWI (again, knew it but talked myself out of it) and the Chief Justice (no idea).

Haha, you have to know the answers to those questions in order to live in America? Pointless.

No, it's to obtain an American citizenship

17/20. I wasn't paying attention and misread one, didn't know the new supreme justice, and for some reason mixed up the opening words of the Declaration and the Constitution.

I am glad that the test is at least this difficult (to those coming into the country).

Actually it's harder. The real test doesn't have multiple choice, you've gotta really know the answer. Hell, it used to be a lot harder than this, I think at one point you had to name every single President in history, in chronological order. Legal immigration to this country is infamous for being needlessly complicated and taking way too damn long.

how did people get the chief justice wrong, we just got a new one.

Because I don't listen to the news anymore and generally don't give a shit about politics.

I think at one point you had to name every single President in history

Maybe back in the day but in government class we took the citizenship test, and it was nothing like that. I got an almost perfect score on that one

A question to all the non-Americans on here. When someone immigrates to your country, do they have to take any tests like this? Just wondering if we're the only Super-Patriots in this regard.

I got a 12/20. I don't know if I should be ashamed or not.

There's certainly nothing like this in Britain, thank God.

yet ironically in American high school they tend to teach more about English history than any other foreign country