TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Who needs a turn?

The way I see it is that Cena is boring as fuck, thus he can't draw ratings. I think all his supposed sales are fake, as well as crowd chants, fans, etc. You can't be liked if you are boring as fuck. Turning him heel doesn't automatically make him entertaining. Just make him entertaining. He can be face, heel, whatever.

Stop.

Explain house show reports where most fans have Rey masks or Cena shirts, or shows that I have been to where everyone reacts to Cena whether it be boos or cheers

You can't be liked if you are boring as fuck.

Explain this current face run of Triple H please.

I don't know because he's been off TV for awhile. What are you trying to say? He is boring as fuck but over?

The way I see it is that Cena is boring as fuck, thus he can't draw ratings. I think all his supposed sales are fake, as well as crowd chants, fans, etc. You can't be liked if you are boring as fuck. Turning him heel doesn't automatically make him entertaining. Just make him entertaining. He can be face, heel, whatever.

Stop.

Explain house show reports where most fans have Rey masks or Cena shirts, or shows that I have been to where everyone reacts to Cena whether it be boos or cheers

I was kidding before. However, when people say Cena getting booed half the time is a good thing, that isn't true, those people who boo Cena don't want to see him, thus he brings no value at all to those people. Why not just freshen Cena's act so he appeals to more people or something? I don't think it is hard to make his character more interesting.

I don't know because he's been off TV for awhile. What are you trying to say? He is boring as fuck but over?

He's was only off for one show because of his daughter's birth. He's been on every week since moving over to Smackdown doing his typical and outdated shtick, most notably during the reception segment. The same routine he has been doing for the past year with absolutely no success. Cena's supposed routine does draw and increase ratings. Triple H can't make that claim.

He's was only off for one show because of his daughter's birth. He's been on every week since moving over to Smackdown doing his typical and outdated shtick, most notably during the reception segment. The same routine he has been doing for the past year with absolutely no success. Cena's supposed routine does draw and increase ratings. Triple H can't make that claim.

I find HHH whining about how he is so great in a 20 minute promo way more entertaining than anything that Cena has done in maybe ever. I only found him relatively entertaining as a heel 5 years ago.

I had more to say on the Cena thing, but since he's finally stopped talking I'll link it to my original point.

People cheering or booing Cena isn't neccessarily a problem if they use it right. When the announcers were instructed to ignore it, it was bad. When they gave in and started making reference to it, albeit spun into a positive, it added another dimension to Cena's character and arguably the reactions are better on the whole now than they were.

However, there's no masking the fact people are chanting "You Can't Wrestle" at Khali. Loud. And often. That's the kind of reaction that needs action. And nobody will care if he can wrestle or not if he's turned into a comedy babyface, I promise.

Khali is the one guy most fans want to see as a face attraction. Coming out and crushing Deuce and Domino got him a bunch of cheers, anytime he gets to pummel on a heel seems to get him cheers. He also gets plenty of positive reactions during his light hearted segments.

I think Khali is also one of the guys that most fans don't want to see at all.

It's PAINFULLY obvious, IMO, that Cena and Batista are having a popularity contest right now. I foresee a future where Cena turns heel and Batista is the new face of RAW. Batista's pops are just as strong as Cena's. He has a better look and is a better talent in ring.

It's only a matter of time, guys...

...wait and see ;)

Guest cobainwasmurdered

How about you fucking ignore him. he may be a troll but he's only voicing an opinion. deal with it without flaming him.

The "new face of Raw" is going to be a guy turning 40 come January with a history of injury problems (although he has stayed healthy lately), who is less charismatic and worse at promos than the current face of Raw?

I'm no troll, thanks, though, for looking out, cobainwasmurdered. I am getting sick of those types of comments.

I have been heavily into wrestling for 24 years and involved for 8. I have been wrong before, and I don't mind being wrong. But I am getting nauseous from the pompous attitudes around here. How do you ever attract new members?

As far as the talent in the ring. He is MUCH higher impact, which is more exciting to watch from the crowd perspective. Also, turning one heel has been part of the formula for each and every HUGE star in wrestling. It may not last long, but it will happen.

Again, just a matter of time...

Also, turning one heel has been part of the formula for each and every HUGE star in wrestling. It may not last long, but it will happen.

Welcome to 2003.

It's PAINFULLY obvious, IMO, that Cena and Batista are having a popularity contest right now. I foresee a future where Cena turns heel and Batista is the new face of RAW. Batista's pops are just as strong as Cena's. He has a better look and is a better talent in ring.

...wait and see

While Batista does well in the Hispanic market, Cena is still way more over.

As Spaceman Spiff said, Batista is getting up there in age, and has a history of injury problems and does not have the house show appeal or is as big a merchandise draw as Cena.

So, why would you turn the top face of your promotion heel?

Cena smokes Batista in the ring. While Batista has gotten much better, he had a stretch from his comeback until Wrestlemania where he was unwatchable.

How about you fucking ignore him? He may be a troll but he's only voicing an opinion. Deal with it without flaming him.

In Anklelock's defence, this guy is an idiot.

I actually think though, that kids are just victoms of the hype machine. Its like, they think they will feel weird if they're not supposed to like Cena, so they buy into it, because WWE wants them too. Even though kids claim they don't like Edge, I know deep down, they probably find him entertaining. I did think it was funny on Raw last night after Cena and Batista won the tag titles, that they did the most blatant popularity contest ever. The Bret and Luger one at Royal Rumble 94 wasn't even this obvious.

I did think it was funny on Raw last night after Cena and Batista won the tag titles, that they did the most blatant popularity contest ever.

That was the only thing I enjoyed about the end of the program last night.

I actually think though, that kids are just victoms of the hype machine. Its like, they think they will feel weird if they're not supposed to like Cena, so they buy into it, because WWE wants them too. Even though kids claim they don't like Edge, I know deep down, they probably find him entertaining.

Ask a kid sometime. He'll tell you something of the contrary.

You know after reading this thread, I realize that arguing with Noah Fentz is an exercise in futility. There is no question that Cena moves merchandise, segments that feture him are rountinely the highest rated on RAW, and for the most part is the face of the WWE today. Nobody here is blasting you for disliking Cena. Hell, a good majority of the the regulars here despise him and have for years.

Some wrestling fans need to wake up and realize that the Attitude Era is long dead, and the WWE markets to a broad demographic that now includes kids and women. Nothing wrong with that. Whats the hell wrong with making your product appeal to a broader demographic. Kids and women, whether you like it or not, spend money on tickets, merchandise, and watch tv too. This tatic is working (2007 being the profitable year, and not just soley being in-ring) and they will continue to do it until a change in the cultural landscape prompts it. Kids and women are just as much fans and consumers as men are (hell most of us started watching wrestling as kids, was it bad business to appeal to us?) and turning Cena heel at the expense of his core fanbase, to statisfy jaded fans from an era long ago is not only bad business, is just bad common sense. Wrestling is no longer just for teens and men anymore you know.

If they ever do plan on turning Cena heel, they need to come up with a backup plan. They would need to figure out who to make the face of the company then, and also be able to undo Cena's heel turn if it flopped bad. Austn's heel turn was a very dumb business move, since they had him join his archenemy McMahon, and teaming him with HHH, a guy he nearly killed at Survivor Series 2000, so no one could buy them being buddies all of a sudden. They had no backup plan for Austin's heel turn, and it flopped. I remember going to a Raw or Smackdown taping in April of 2001, and there were WAY less people than the last time I went to a WWF show in 2000. So Cena's heel turn wouldn't be a disaster if they find another top face, and don't team Cena with his nemesis (JBL?).

Guest cobainwasmurdered

...wait and see

While Batista does well in the Hispanic market, Cena is still way more over.

As Spaceman Spiff said, Batista is getting up there in age, and has a history of injury problems and does not have the house show appeal or is as big a merchandise draw as Cena.

So, why would you turn the top face of your promotion heel?

Cena smokes Batista in the ring. While Batista has gotten much better, he had a stretch from his comeback until Wrestlemania where he was unwatchable.

How about you fucking ignore him? He may be a troll but he's only voicing an opinion. Deal with it without flaming him.

In Anklelock's defence, this guy is an idiot.

I'm fully aware of this trust me but flaming him only makes it worse.

I find it interesting that someone can come to your board, express an opinion one ONE topic, and be labeled and idiot, a F'n moron, etc.

Why not show a little class, people, or is that too much to ask?

I like playing the opposite side of the fence on some debates, because it should create interesting forum discussion. Instead, numerous members have simply resorted to name-calling and flaming.

...pathetic, TRULY, pathetic.

Is this really how this board always is?

When I was in the Gulag, I received NUMEROUS PMs describing how this once-great-board has been reduced to a small group of members that generally flame posters, if their opinions differ from theirs. Most of those PMs were from members who rarely post (according to them) because they don't enjoy participating when they receive this kind of reaction.

Now, I completely understand what they were talking about.

I find it interesting that someone can come to your board, express an opinion one ONE topic, and be labeled and idiot, a F'n moron, etc.

People have been debating with you. It's just that some of your points are so outrageous and just flat out wrong, that it is hard for people to not think of you as an idiot. And you pulling a Jingus with your "you guys, I'm in the business" stuff, does not help matters.

I like playing the opposite side of the fence on some debates, because it should create interesting forum discussion. Instead, numerous members have simply resorted to name-calling and flaming.

Shut up. Many people have debated with you point by point, every argument that you have raised. Don't start crying just because many of your posts have been easily refuted.

received NUMEROUS PMs describing how this once-great-board has been reduced to a small group of members that generally flame posters, if their opinions differ from theirs. Most of those PMs were from members who rarely post (according to them) because they don't enjoy participating when they receive this kind of reaction.

Not to worry, the general consensus is that the WWE folder has always been pretty terrible!

So, how about those piped in pops for Cena on Monday. Well played, Vince.

People have been debating with you. It's just that some of your points are so outrageous and just flat out wrong, that it is hard for people to not think of you as an idiot. And you pulling a Jingus with your "you guys, I'm in the business" stuff, does not help matters.

I apologized for my brash intro, and I don't expect instant acceptance, at least I had the class to apologize.

Shut up. Many people have debated with you point by point, every argument that you have raised. Don't start crying just because many of your posts have been easily refuted.

Refuted, no problem. Name-calling, childish.

received NUMEROUS PMs describing how this once-great-board has been reduced to a small group of members that generally flame posters, if their opinions differ from theirs. Most of those PMs were from members who rarely post (according to them) because they don't enjoy participating when they receive this kind of reaction.

Not to worry, the general consensus is that the WWE folder has always been pretty terrible!

So, how about those piped in pops for Cena on Monday. Well played, Vince.

You don't actually deny that the WWE has piped in sound, do you? God, I sure hope not, then you would have to accept that you're wrong. It is a FACT that they have piped in crowd sounds for Cena, Hogan, Goldberg, and others. In fact, you can watch promos that include clips from shows where Cena, Hogan, or Goldberg were getting heat, and the sound is TOTALLY edited.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I hope no one actually believes he got these pm's...we can check up on that sort of thing.

Name-calling, childish.

Ignore it, then. You crying about the name calling to distract people from the fact that you don't have a clue.

You don't actually deny that the WWE has piped in sound, do you?

Did not say that at all, and has no relevance to the argument. God, I sure hope not, then you would have to accept that you're wrong. I did say that the pops and boos that Cena gets on RAW and PPVs are not piped in but is genuniely how the crowd feels about him, since he is the most over person on the roster, and the face of the company.