TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

WWE Raw (8/4/08)

On Monday night, Shane McMahon appeared on Raw and announced the show’s new General Manager: Mike Adamle. Our fans were shocked to learn that WWE’s flagship program would now be headed up by the absent-minded ECW commentator. Will Adamle be able to take control and command the respect of the Raw roster, or will the mayhem overwhelming the show continue to run unchecked?

On his very first night as Raw GM, Adamle made a number of matches. The biggest of these however, was Raw’s first SummerSlam match: For the first-time ever, John Cena vs. Batista. Recent weeks have seen both Superstars displaying their hunger for championship gold, but their match at SummerSlam will be to determine who is truly the top contender on Raw. With two competitors as intense as Cena and The Animal, will they even make it to SummerSlam before a collision?

Though SummerSlam is right around the corner, there’s plenty to look forward to on the next Raw as well. For the first time since having his right eye severely injured by Chris Jericho at The Great American Bash, Shawn Michaels will appear for an interview on Raw. Y2J has claimed that he ended the career of HBK, will Michaels corroborate this evidence? What will The Showstopper have to say to the man who injured him so severely?

Though he is still gloating about his win over Michaels, Jericho has begun to look forward as well. The man once known as the Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rolla hosted what he announced as the last edition of his talk-show, the Highlight Reel. Y2J shared several clips of a more fun, fan-friendly Chris Jericho, and then let the WWE Universe know that it was a thing of the past. Like a slew of other top Superstars, Jericho has his eyes on nothing short of the World Heavyweight Championship, and communicated as much. Will new GM Mike Adamle be receptive to Jericho’s desire for championship gold? Who will fall into Y2J’s sights next?

For the answers to these questions and more, make sure to tune into Raw, Monday nights at 9/8 CT only on USA Network. And don’t miss Saturday Night’s Main Event this Saturday at 9/8 CT on NBC.

Hmm..

I wonder if they're still going with

Batista & Cena vs Team Priceless

tonight.

I really hope not, that angle is about as played out as they come.

It's on wwe.com's homepage, so I don't think you need the spoiler tags. And the match appears to be for the titles.

Oh, never mind.

I don't go to wwe.com, they seem to get around my popup blocker fairly easily.

Still, them winning the titles wouldn't be a good thing in my opinion.

I'd say Batista turns on Cena, then walks out letting the Priceless boys retain

I'd just assume the person who turns/accidently costs his partner the match (I can't see them doing anything other than face/face here for Summerslam) will lose at Summerslam.

I'd say Cena accidently hits Batista and causes him to lose, Batista wins clean at Summerslam, and Cena wins the long-awaited rematch at Wrestlemania.

I'm still not convinced Batista vs Cena one-on-one will happen at Summerslam. I still believe JBL and Kane will be added, probably along with Punk in some sort of gimmick match.

When is Randy Orton due back? I think he's a perfect fit to put with Dibiase and Rhodes. If it's anytime now, he could come out and RKO one of Cena or Batista and help the champs retain, while putting himself right back in the ME scene. Even if he isn't ready yet, he could be the mouthpiece leader, and could get Adamle to prohibit and physical attacks on him since he has a doctors note.

I really just want them to go with Punk/Jericho for SS. They already have Batista/Cena scheduled, and they could have JBL/Kane at SS as well, just for a throwaway match, since I don't know what either guy will do.

I really just want them to go with Punk/Jericho for SS. They already have Batista/Cena scheduled, and they could have JBL/Kane at SS as well, just for a throwaway match, since I don't know what either guy will do.

Summerslam is in two weeks. There has been no mention of Jericho wanting the title until last week. He shouldn't be getting the title match this soon, with no build-up. I think and hope that Adamle will end up changing the Cena/Batista match, thus pissing off a lot of their fans and making them want to see the match even more. It would be nice if they kept teasing Cena vs. Batiista until Wrestlemania and then finally had it there when everyone was dying for it.

I could be remembering incorrectly the way that Adamle said it, but I think he just said that Batista and Cena would be facing each other at SummerSlam or would be opponents at SummerSlam. They could easily have Adamle explain that they are not the only wrestlers in that match.

I think Batista/Cena will happen because they never announce a match officially and then change it unless if someone got injured. You think JBL deserves a title shot? Cena or Batista? Or Kane? I don't think so, since these guys have lost in title matches the last few months (although JBL did at least beat Cena on GAB), and most of those guys have had title matches against Punk on Raw, so they won't do it again at a PPV. Thats why I think Jericho will be the guy, since he cut a promo last week saying he's moving on to more important things, like going after the title. It would be a fresh match, even if they did face each other months ago in that King of the Ring tournament, although Jericho wasn't heel at that point.

I could be remembering incorrectly the way that Adamle said it, but I think he just said that Batista and Cena would be facing each other at SummerSlam or would be opponents at SummerSlam. They could easily have Adamle explain that they are not the only wrestlers in that match.

He used the phrase 'John Cena vs Dave Batista'

Of course, they could always have a match on Raw where JBL faces Kane or whoever, with Punk at ringside, and Batista runs in and attacks Kane for revenge, and then Cena comes out, and then Cena, Punk and Batista are left in the ring together, and Adamle comes in and inserts Punk into the match.

For the answers to these questions and more, make sure to tune into Raw, Monday nights at 9/8 CT only on USA Network. And don’t miss Saturday Night’s Main Event this Saturday at 9/8 CT on NBC.

:huh:

Danville, hate to tell you this but HHH is now on SD (if you were watching Raw for him).

I don't mind whatever direction the Raw title scene goes in unless it actually is Punk vs. JBL at the PPV. That match has zero big time buzz to it and was done on Raw to boot.

I expect a segment with JBL making a grovelling apology to Adamle for insulting him last week to try and get in his good books.

I also expect Kofi related schenanigans. If Adamle's clueless, he needs to make Kofi his go to guy at all times. "Tonight, you will be facing... KKOOOOOFFFFIIIII!!"

Ultimately, I think JBL's groveling will earn him a title shot but not in the one-on-one fashion that he is seeking but in a F4 match with Kane and Jericho in addition. Elimination rules would be best for the match with Punk getting JBL at the end to beat him clean once and for all thus giving Punk his first decisive victory to cement his place as champion which has been the entire purpose of JBL-Punk.

I don't know about Jericho. I can't see them not going with Michaels/Jericho personally, even if it is too soon for Michaels to realistically come back from his 'career ending injury'. It's the longest-running feud on the brand and the 2nd biggest show of the year.

Ultimately, I think JBL's groveling will earn him a title shot but not in the one-on-one fashion that he is seeking but in a F4 match with Kane and Jericho in addition. Elimination rules would be best for the match with Punk getting JBL at the end to beat him clean once and for all thus giving Punk his first decisive victory to cement his place as champion which has been the entire purpose of JBL-Punk.

I really hope that's the case. At this point I get all worked up anytime Punk defends the belt because the way he has been booked is that he could lose the title at any time (which is awesome booking in some ways).

I don't know about Jericho. I can't see them not going with Michaels/Jericho personally, even if it is too soon for Michaels to realistically come back from his 'career ending injury'. It's the longest-running feud on the brand and the 2nd biggest show of the year.

Personally, I'd rather see Shawn and Cade follow-up. Jericho would still be a crucial element but Jericho made a huge point to say that he's done with Shawn and that it's about the title but Cade still seems to seek his own redemption over Shawn. I wouldn't use it for Summer Slam but I do believe the next step is Cade and Shawn.

With Triple H, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, and Carlito all on Smackdown now, I've been enjoying Raw about a thousand times more. Basically, I was tired of all four guys, especially the ruts some of them were in on Raw (aside from Kennedy, who was finally catching on in a manner that didn't bore me).

Me, too, but add in Jeff Hardy and take out Umaga. With Kennedy/Carlito/HHH/Hardy all off Raw, Jericho on fire, and Jamie Noble getting pretty regular screen time, Raw has finally surpassed Smackdown for me in entertainment value. Now, if only they would move Santino over to SD, Raw would be nearly perfect for me.