TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Many guys released

Who can else remembers Jim Brunzell's comeback run in late '92/early '93?

Earlier than that. I remember Brunzell wrestling Flair during the March to WrestleMania VIII special.

Muffy appeared on one episode of Smackdown and one episode of Heat in April 2000.

On SD, her and Stephanie berated the crowd for being fat and then did the Susan Powter workout routine.

They also appeared in a throwaway backstage segment on Heat where they told each other they had great bodies and then made fun of an overweight WWE tech guy.

and that was it.

IIRC, Mower was a former stuntwoman so she was expected to have some sort of gimmick where she would take outrageous bumps (presumably being put through a table by the Dudleys)

Muffy appeared on a few episodes of Smackdown to try and get the fans fit. Then, one week, she was revealed to be Stephanie's personal trainer. The character was promptly dropped when it was realized what that implied.

What was implied?

I still think WHO? was the best unforgettable character. I mean the commentary alone on this guy's match was classic.

Muffy appeared on a few episodes of Smackdown to try and get the fans fit. Then, one week, she was revealed to be Stephanie's personal trainer. The character was promptly dropped when it was realized what that implied.

What was implied?

That Stephanie was fat and needed a personal trainer.

What was implied?

Most fitness models have personal trainers, as to most of Hollywood A-Listers for that matter. I guess it was more the Susan Powter aspect that would give the "fitness for fatty" vibe...

If anyone wants to talk about forgettable runs in a promotion, how about "Gator" Scott Hall in 1991 WCW? I seriously had no idea this gimmick existed until a few months ago I read about it on WrestleCrap.

I remember Hall was DDP's guy The Diamond Studd. I dont know how long that lasted either.

What was implied?

Most fitness models have personal trainers, as to most of Hollywood A-Listers for that matter. I guess it was more the Susan Powter aspect that would give the "fitness for fatty" vibe...

Honestly, I think it was just vanity and ego. It was basically, "How dare it is implied that Stephanie would ever need a personal trainer."

Then again, they went far enough with the angle in conception and execution to make it to television at least once before someone brought this thought to the table.

Who can else remembers Jim Brunzell's comeback run in late '92/early '93?

Earlier than that. I remember Brunzell wrestling Flair during the March to WrestleMania VIII special.

Best part of his WWF run was that he appeared on RAW as a jobber a week or 2 prior to appearing on WCW's Slamboree in a "Legends match"

If anyone wants to talk about forgettable runs in a promotion, how about "Gator" Scott Hall in 1991 WCW? I seriously had no idea this gimmick existed until a few months ago I read about it on WrestleCrap.

I remember Hall was DDP's guy The Diamond Studd. I dont know how long that lasted either.

Hall as The Diamond Studd actually got a decent push in WcW before he left to become Razor.

Who can else remembers Jim Brunzell's comeback run in late '92/early '93? The most notable part being the time where he appeared as a jobber on RAW and as one of the "legends" at the first WCW Slamboree in the same month.

Really, Brody?

April 05, 1993: Bam Bam Bigelow pinned Virgil...Bob Backlund pinned Kim Chee...Damien Demento pinned Jim Brunzell...The Steiner Brothers defeated The Beverly Brothers...Jerry Lawler pinned Jim Powers.

More than two weeks before Slamboree, but, fuckinchrist.... he jobbed to Damien Demento??????

I didn't know Damien Demento was still picking up wins in April '93. I knew he got some wins upon initially entering the company but I thought he was JTTS material for most of his run.

Not to digress, but three FCW developmentals were released today Charles "The Hammer" Evans, who was the Mayweather handler who was chokeslammed at Wrestlemania by Big Show and teamed with Bam Neely (when he was Ox Larouche) down in OVW (Evans had been in developmental for two years). Also released was Matt O'Neal a former football player I believe was 6'10" and sorta fat, and unfortunately Campus Legend Brad Allen.

Hall as The Diamond Studd actually got a decent push in WcW before he left to become Razor.

I just barely remember the one ppv squash match he had vs the Z Man.

In regards the Braden Walker/Chris Harris release announced last Thursday, it was a rather quick release as he just made his TV debut in early July for ECW. His situation has been described as a guy who had a string of great matches in TNA and when he got to WWE, they were down on him and suddenly he didn't know how to work that style. The talk within WWE was that he went out there like a guy whose confidence was beaten out of him in his matches on ECW. Harris was said to have had a lot of heat on him to begin with in how he carried himself backstage, but no one can really pinpoint if he did one thing to cause that reaction among the wrestlers. One assumption is that Harris may have been too forthcoming about his success in TNA when he got to WWE, and it's reportedly a strike against you to discuss any prior success. The overwhelming opinion was that Harris didn't do well in his debut TV match with Armando Estrada on ECW and didn't come across well on his pre-tapes either.

The release of Domino wasn't a huge shock to many after the Deuce and Domino tag team was broken up during the draft. He reportedly realized his limitations and might have been too forthcoming about them, especially when he was overheard saying that he knew Deuce would be the star of the tag team once they broke up. The funny thing about that now is since being traded to Raw, we haven't heard much from Deuce at tapings or on house shows.

Shannon Moore's release was made public a few hours before WWE officially announced it as Moore issued a statement on his official "MySpace" page. Moore was always described as a solid talent in the ring, but reportedly struggled in pre-tapes. The likely feeling was that the company had no real plans for him despite a re-debut in the early days of the new ECW on Sci Fi. Moore owns a tattoo shop in North Carolina that will be his primary business and is working with Bill Behrens to get booked on the indy scene. It should be noted that Moore is friends with Jeff Jarrett, which was how he got into TNA in the first place. However, the odds of him returning to TNA could be slim as on his way out of TNA in March 2006 he pinned AJ Styles on TV (a move that was second-guessed) and then got word to WWE that he was not working under contract with them and got a deal.

Who can else remembers Jim Brunzell's comeback run in late '92/early '93? The most notable part being the time where he appeared as a jobber on RAW and as one of the "legends" at the first WCW Slamboree in the same month.

Really, Brody?

I have to start reading all pages in a thread before hitting that "reply" button

That Braden Walker DVD "set" is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. That said, I do feel kinda sorry for him after reading those notes. He was one of the TNA guys I saw years ago that I thought would be a great fit in WWE and did in fact work WWE style. The guy just seemingly lost it somewhere in developmental.