TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Many guys released

Yang was suspended ?

Any details?

He failed a drug test about 2 months ago. His suspension is over and he's back to Smackdown without a partner.

So where will Harris' run rank all time in the most forgettable WWE runs? I say somewhere above Regal's run in '98 as The Real Man's Man and somewhere below Jos LeDuc's run as "The Headbanger" in 1988.

So where will Harris' run rank all time in the most forgettable WWE runs? I say somewhere above Regal's run in '98 as The Real Man's Man and somewhere below Jos LeDuc's run as "The Headbanger" in 1988.

PFFFFFFFT.

Regal will always have his Real Man music. That alone makes it memorable for years.

Yeah, I didn't think Regal had a forgettable run at all in 98. He was on quite a bit of shows for a while and had a weird gimmick to remember him by. That 3-disc Braden Walker DVD joke was hilarious! My favorite part of the picture was the T-shirt that had no design!

After seeing that, I just imagine people in all kinds of disguises persuading Vince to do stupid things.

Randy Savage dressing up as HHH for another go-around with Steph?

Well technically yes, his nickname was "The Headbanger" but it had nothing to do with former WWF Tag Team Champions The Headbangers or heavy metal music. His gimmick was that a generic monster heel who headbutt people a lot. I think he was managed by Frenchy Martin.

And really I should have thought of a more forgettable run than Regal's Real Man's Man gimmick. That was short but by no means forgettable. Maybe I should've mentioned Buddy Landell or Conan Chris Walker instead.

Frankie Kazarian's run, and don't forget Johnny Parise from 2002?

There was also that woman who attacked Torrie and then her and her boyfriend quit that week

The Raw on 24/7 right now introduces Tracey Smothers (who is referred to as "real dirty boy" or something like that made me laugh) as Uncle Cletus. I did not recall that stint at all. I remember Dutch Mantel as Uncle Zebekiah... but that was as Bradshaw's manager. Maybe I DID remember the Uncle Cletus character but had his name wrong.

The Raw on 24/7 right now introduces Tracey Smothers (who is referred to as "real dirty boy" or something like that made me laugh) as Uncle Cletus. I did not recall that stint at all. I remember Dutch Mantel as Uncle Zebekiah... but that was as Bradshaw's manager. Maybe I DID remember the Uncle Cletus character but had his name wrong.

Uncle Cletus was Tony Anthony. He managed the Godwins for about a week at the end of 1997.

I think I started a similar thread there a couple years back but hey- we could always start another one. If this conversation goes too long for 909's liking and continues disrupting the thread- he could spin it off.

How about Barry Windham in WWF 1996 as "The Stalker"?

And Uncle Cletus is one in the same with T.L. Hopper.

Uncle Cletus was Tony Anthony. He managed the Godwins for about a week at the end of 1997.

I believe his first appearance was the week before they won the titles. He had that horseshoe that he used to help them win the belts at Bad Blood. And then he was gone as quickly as he came. I think he lasted until they dropped belts to LOD on Raw and then they turned on him and beat him up and that was that.

How about Alex "The Pug" Porteau or Lance Cassidy?

I remember both. The Pug used the Steiners' old WWF music. Then he disappeared. And Lance Cassidy was Steve Armstrong. He used the flying clothesline to win a couple of matches. Then he disappeared.

I believe his first appearance was the week before they won the titles. He had that horseshoe that he used to help them win the belts at Bad Blood. And then he was gone as quickly as he came. I think he lasted until they dropped belts to LOD on Raw and then they turned on him and beat him up and that was that.

I remember the implied anal rape as RAW went off the air (anybody else remember how Deliverance-inspired the Godwinns' heel run was?).

If anyone wants to talk about forgettable runs in a promotion, how about "Gator" Scott Hall in 1991 WCW? I seriously had no idea this gimmick existed until a few months ago I read about it on WrestleCrap.

Who can else remembers Jim Brunzell's comeback run in late '92/early '93? The most notable part being the time where he appeared as a jobber on RAW and as one of the "legends" at the first WCW Slamboree in the same month.

Does anyone remember Muffy?

Yep, I remember her debut on the only episode of Raw (or was it Smackdown) that she ever appeared on.

Muffy Mower/Mauer or something like that. I believe she was doing a Susan Powter gimmick and was gimmicked to be Stephanie's personal trainer or something.

Muffy appeared on a few episodes of Smackdown to try and get the fans fit. Then, one week, she was revealed to be Stephanie's personal trainer. The character was promptly dropped when it was realized what that implied.