TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

FUCK

THAT

NIGGA QUIT

No he didn't.

GSP TKO'd a willing BJ who was set to go 5 rounds. I can't believe it... This is problay the biggest heartbreak of my life. No girl can do anything worse then this.

He sure as fuck didn't fight his corner when they decided to stop the fight.

Corner: Stop the fight

BJ: No...Stop...Please...

He said "Don't Stop... Please", don't try to descredit him.

Jon "Bones" Jones is going to be someone to watch. Bonnar's not the best fighter, but if he wasn't so goddamn tough Jones would have finished him several times. I really think there's only a handful of people who could take that spinning elbow and not be done. Bonnar fought back.

Jones hit throws, great strikes, great wrestling. He got tired, but he was beating himself a man. That tends to happen.

The BJ Penn fanboyism has always been insane online. You'd see people who'd swear up and down, left and right that BJ Penn was the greatest fighter ever and could beat anyone.

The fact is, BJ Penn is a great fighter. But he's not some mythical fighter. He fought someone who was as skilled as he was, who knew what he was fighting, and who was very much stronger then Penn himself was.

Size won out. This is exactly why we have weight classes. If they were similiar weights, could GSP been able to shut down Penn like that? I don't know. But it doesn't matter. That's hypothetical. This is reality. 155 is where BJ Penn needs to be, while GSP is a VERY VERY big 170. At 170, GSP was far too strong for Penn to deal with.

And BJ Penn did a FANTASTIC job surviving, but in the end, no matter how much technical skill, no matter how much ability he displayed, GSP had his own skills and just was far too strong.

Best UFC of all times. Jones brought some video game shit, D-Grade Nicolas Cage couldn't handle it. Machida knocked a motherfucker out. GUIDA sent that Diaz bitch down the ladder.

That was for Gomi, Joe Daddy, and Muscle Shark, BJ. I hope GSP kicked your ass back down to eating McDonald's and gassing while people stroke you off and make excuse after excuse for you, you shit talking, douche. Enjoy a thorough thrashing from K-Flo in the fall, bitch.

Howard/Wilson and Diaz/Guida get 65k for FOTN, Machida gets Knockout of the night.

I should learn not to read other MMA message boards, it's infuriating.

Just woke up - still hard to believe BJ shit the bed like that. I was worried about the size, I have to admit, but I thought he'd overcome it.

I have a bad feeling Curry might be right. That's the kind of beatdown that makes a fighter question everything.

I have work today and then I'm going straight to a Super Bowl party so I won't be around to make the picture selection.

I nominate Lord of the Curry to pick out the winning picture. The following people need to have this in their sig within 24 hours after LoTC posts it.

Mik

EHME

HollywoodSpikeJenkins

NoCalMike

YouthNAsia

Broward83

Dr. Zoidberg

Cuban Linx

I don't know what kind of bullshit you're trying to play but you're on the losing team.

Suspensions will be issued to whoever doesn't comply.

Las Vegas - During Saturday’s UFC 94 main event that featured UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre defending his title against UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer could be seen entering the cage between rounds.

Kizer approached the corner for St. Pierre and the two parties exchanged words. At the time, the nature of the conversation was unclear but the blog CagePotato.com is now reporting that Penn’s camp has filed a formal complaint with NSAC.

According to Cage Potato, Penn’s camp has accused one of St. Pierre’s cornermen of applying Vaseline to St. Pierre’s back between rounds. It’s an accusation that was supported by UFC President Dana White during the event’s post-fight press conference.

“I saw the commission jump up there and flipping out,” Cage Potato quotes White as saying. “They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges’ back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think.

“The guys from the athletic commission went up there and started screaming at them. Knocked the Vaseline and kicked the Vaseline out of the Octagon.”

Regardless of what the commission decides, it’s very unlikely that NSAC would rule to change the outcome of the fight. At most, if a corner person is determined to have committed the alleged act, he could face displinary action on an individual basis.

“Some Vaseline on a guy’s back didn’t change the outcome of that fight, but you don’t do it,” White stated.

Five Ounces of Pain

Also picture-wise I'm open to whatever my Team GSP homies suggest. I'm trying to look for a .gif file of BJ slouched over in his corner with the one dude making the "It's over" sign.

Yeah, I couldn't believe that he was struggling to keep his mouthpiece in when the were literally only 2 minutes into the fight.

But Joe Rogan made sure to make every excuse for him possible.

Well him and Karo are buddies so it makes sense. Karo is at the point of his career where it's shit or get off the toilet and they can't really feed him anybody below Kim so I fully expect somebody in the line of Fitch or Marcus Davis next. The interview before this fight on UFC.com where he talks about how because he's now with Team Jackson that him and GSP agreed to not fight each other for the title "because we're friends" is hilarious. Yeah Karo, it's because you're friends. Or because he already handed you your ass in his early stages of MMA development and would absolutely rape you now.

To follow-up on what Mik posted about the vaseline on the back of GSP is was his Muay Thai coach Phil Nurse who was the cornerman in question that was rubbing it on so if the NSAC chooses to pursue a formal investigation he'll be the guy in the hot seat.

I don't recall anyone from Miletich's corner being in serious trouble after they were found to be greasing him up, but I guess you could argue it was a different time.

I don't recall anyone from Miletich's corner being in serious trouble after they were found to be greasing him up, but I guess you could argue it was a different time.

What fight was this in?