TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

John Cena having major neck problems

I like how people just asume his spot is going to be safe, since lord knows no one else can get over and become popular. I'm one of the few people who thinks that WWE would push CM Punk with the title regardless if Cena was there or not, since Cena hasn't done shit this year in terms of winning matches. There are too many guys that are played out, and fans are just tired of them, and want something new. CM Punk represents something new, and even though WWE hasn't hyped him as a top guy with the title, this is the perfect time to do so. Guys like Cena and Batista have lost so many matches that are important, that they have no momentum to get the title again, and since Orton got his long title reign that Vince wished for years, I don't think he will get it back either when he returns. I don't think WWE can have Cena win the Rumble again, since they destroyed that match forever with that horrible booking this year. In fact, I don't really think Cena will get that big of a pop when he returns, since some fans just won't miss him.

Bitch, please....

Was that really necessary? He's entitled to his opinion, like everyone else.

Just my two cents...

Many of the WWE's superstars are getting stale to the fans, in my observations. I think Cena is one of them (he has only plateaued or even declined in popularity), along with Kane and JBL. I can see a need for new (or recycled) talent in the VERY near future (maybe Sid?).

I don't know about all of you, but I think Kane has lost his mystique, Cena has lost his edge (now on the shelf), JBL is the same old JBL (yawn), and Jericho is embroiled with Michaels.

Batista is at least somewhat fresh (for Raw), along with Punk, Mysterio, Burchill, and Kofi. Look for more from these guys in the coming months. I'd also like to see the two Raw clowns square off (Noble and Marella).

I like how people just asume his spot is going to be safe, since lord knows no one else can get over and become popular. I'm one of the few people who thinks that WWE would push CM Punk with the title regardless if Cena was there or not, since Cena hasn't done shit this year in terms of winning matches. There are too many guys that are played out, and fans are just tired of them, and want something new. CM Punk represents something new, and even though WWE hasn't hyped him as a top guy with the title, this is the perfect time to do so. Guys like Cena and Batista have lost so many matches that are important, that they have no momentum to get the title again, and since Orton got his long title reign that Vince wished for years, I don't think he will get it back either when he returns. I don't think WWE can have Cena win the Rumble again, since they destroyed that match forever with that horrible booking this year. In fact, I don't really think Cena will get that big of a pop when he returns, since some fans just won't miss him.

Bitch, please....

Was that really necessary? He's entitled to his opinion, like everyone else.

Yes. Everything he said was bullshit. Everything.

Many of the WWE's superstars are getting stale to the fans, in my observations. I think Cena is one of them (he has only plateaued or even declined in popularity), along with Kane and JBL. I can see a need for new (or recycled) talent in the VERY near future (maybe Sid?).

I don't know about all of you, but I think Kane has lost his mystique, Cena has lost his edge (now on the shelf), JBL is the same old JBL (yawn), and Jericho is embroiled with Michaels.

You're right. Cena, Kane, JBL and anybody else who has main evented this year will probably be working the indies by the time WrestleMania rolls around. Hey, they might even get to sleep on your couch!

You're right. Cena, Kane, JBL and anybody else who has main evented this year will probably be working the indies by the time WrestleMania rolls around. Hey, they might even get to sleep on your couch!

They won't be working the indies, as you so like to twist words and debate in the most childish manner. My point, being painfully obvious to everyone else, is it's time to build (or rebuild) some talent on Raw, or the transition from former to new stars will be more painful than if Cena was out for a year.

Pity you only think you know it all, only to be made worse by your lack of tact and maturity.

Kane, upon the heel turn, was starting to get interesting again, but the follow up on the whole Rey thing has been really weak. And the character development for him from that (I'm speaking of Kane here of course) was initially ok but, damn, has it fallen. So, agreed on Kane being stale.

JBL......clearly getting old and stale, and fast at that. When he came back, much like the Kane turn, started out somewhat strong, but in no time, really nothing special. Had a few decent times I enjoyed his character with the Cena feud, but now he's gotten very mundane since then.

As far as Cena goes, here we go again, similar pattern. Recently, thought the pairing of him with Cryme Time might bring him back to more of his old rapper gimmick, but that idea fell out the backdoor (and the pairing of him and Cryme Time) rather quickly.

All three guys definately have seen much better days creatively and give off the vibe of being stale to me, at least. Hard to say with the majority casual fans, but I would think its safe to say its possible.

Hopefully with Cena out now for a bit, they will think of some interesting character development with him, as he definately could use it. Not necessarily a heel turn, but it certainly would put an interesting twist in the Batista feud, which I could see them go back to right when he returns.

mellow was entitled to his opinion about DarKnight's opinion being BS and didn't read "Bitch, please..." in the context it was used as anything vengeful. If he had said "Oh come on you stupid son of a bitch" or something, maybe. Anyway, the point here is please don't make a federal case out of it (Noah), just go with it and continue on-track discussion.

Thanks.

I'm all for Cena taking some time off. I'm honestly sick of seeing him on my TV. I don't like him, I never have, and I probably never will.

As far as the pushing new talent debate goes? I'm all for it. Keep the title on Punk. Putting it on Batista or anyone else for that matter will just be a massive disappointment.

They won't let him get the Dr Jho surgery Angle got either. I think because Jho's surgery didn't fully work on Angle, people just assume it can't work on anyone, but Angle's neck was bad.

As far as I know, Dr. Jho's surgery worked just fine, it was an unprotected chair shot from Lesnar that got Angle fucked up again.

They won't let him get the Dr Jho surgery Angle got either. I think because Jho's surgery didn't fully work on Angle, people just assume it can't work on anyone, but Angle's neck was bad.

As far as I know, Dr. Jho's surgery worked just fine, it was an unprotected chair shot from Lesnar that got Angle fucked up again.

Yeah, it was mentioned that Hall (and possibly Nash) have had it and seem fine now. I think Edge has said he would have had the Jho surgery if he'd known about it. I do think Angle's neck was so bad, even before he entered wwe, nothing would have really been a long term solution.

People in WWE assume Jho is a quack, which isn't true at all. I've heard he's quite highly respected in the medical world. To stop wrestlers from choosing it because it didn't appear work out for Angle seems unfair, especially since, as mentioned, he was a poor case study anyway.

The Dr. Jho surgery is fine if you're not taking bumps again, which is why it was fine for Lombardi (retired) and Hall (inactive, not a heavy bumper when he's wrestling again). Angle has had to have the surgery re-done a few times.

Unfortunately, it looks like Dr. Maroon is doing something that is similar to the Dr. Jho surgery: http://www.josephmaroon.com/minvas.htm

Yes. Everything he said was bullshit. Everything.

Oh, really? When Cena does return, he will get a pop for about 5 minutes, and then just go back to being booed again, just like the Rumble this year.

John Cena is having serious problems with his neck which is causing numbness in one of his arms. He returned to MSG and said, "Long story short, my neck is fucked up badly."

Imagine that.