TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

John Cena having major neck problems

John Cena is having serious problems with his neck which is causing numbness in one of his arms.

After having an MRI done on Saturday before the show in Madison Square Garden, he returned to MSG and said, "Long story short, my neck is fucked up badly."

That's the reason singles matches with Cena for this weekend were turned into tags, and why Batista worked most of the matches at all three shows.

Cena hasn't indicated if he's going to take time off at this point or not.

It's from F4W, but is members only at this point, so can't be linked to yet.

Well, a little time off definitely won't hurt the guy. I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but the guy pushes himself beyond what he probably should and never takes time off. It may be finally be taking a toll on his body, more than he thought. He should maybe consider taking some time off, and come back refreshed. Maybe toss-up his look a little when he returns.

I agree, this is crappy news, and possibly catastrophic in Vince's eyes. I do think it should be turned in to an opportunity. Give Cena the time off, make him get better and maybe we will see a rejuvenated character come back, possibly being capable of harnessing the charisma he has to attract more than kids and women.

I don't like the guy now, but you have to admire the effort he puts in. Imagine a little time off plus a little bit of character innovation, he could come back bigger than ever.

On top of everything though, he needs to get well, his work ethic may be strong, but so was Kurt's, and that didn't turn out so well.

I agree, this is crappy news, and possibly catastrophic in Vince's eyes. I do think it should be turned in to an opportunity. Give Cena the time off, make him get better and maybe we will see a rejuvenated character come back, possibly being capable of harnessing the charisma he has to attract more than kids and women.

I don't like the guy now, but you have to admire the effort he puts in. Imagine a little time off plus a little bit of character innovation, he could come back bigger than ever.

On top of everything though, he needs to get well, his work ethic may be strong, but so was Kurt's, and that didn't turn out so well.

Speaking of opportunity, if he misses some time, they could really elevate the guy who puts him on the shelf, assuming they run an injury angle.

The latest from PWI:

The word backstage at Raw is that John Cena is scheduled to appear tonight but will not be wrestling. Cena is privately confiding in those close to him that he's pretty hurt.

I really hope the guy will be ok.

Sounds like the guy shouldn't even enter the Scramble. If he's this bad, they might want to run an injury angle tonight and bench him before it becomes even worse. They have enough names on RAW to survive without Cena and it sounds like he really REALLY needs some rest.

I imagine the finish to the match with Batista didn't do his neck any favors either.

Injuries are never a good thing and from a business perspective, losing Cena again (and for a likely longer period of time) will hurt but it's the best measure to take. His popularity will remain intact when he comes back. I hope he doesn't try to rush his return like he did last year. I'd rather him miss WM25 and not risk missing future WM's beyond that.

Jericho should injury him to take him out to take his place in the Scrabble match,

According to Rajah.com, it looks like no one has even been able to dig up confirmation on orton being involved in the supposed "motorcycle accident". Local police and news stations know nothing of the accident either. Looks like now is the time for Orton to make his return, and punt Cena's head so he can take some much needed time off. As I've already said, I just hope while he's gone (since it's looking like he's going to have to take some time off) he will freshen-up his moveset, and especially his image. The guy always seems to put so much into his matches that it wouldn't hurt him to toss things up a little.

Jericho should injury him to take him out to take his place in the Scrabble match,

This would probably be the best way too handle things. Seeing as Y2J is going to lose the blowoff match with Michaels, him putting out Cena would be a great way to keep him with the heat he has now. It also gives them a feud that writes itself when Cena comes back. Y2J can use Cena ending his career a couple years ago as his motive. It fits with the current direction his character has been going in the last few months.

I don't think they could fake a guy's motorcycle accident. I mean, why would they? This doesn't look like a good sign for Cena, since I think Angle in 2005 was also going numb in his hands.

I don't think they could fake a guy's motorcycle accident. I mean, why would they. This doesn't look like a good sign for Cena, since I think Angle in 2005 was also going numb in his hands.

They'd do it to work people like us.

Cena needs to learn from Paul Orndorff's mistakes and take the time off. Wrestling will be here when he gets back and so will a top spot.

Let him go make another movie while he's out.

Coming to theaters in 2009...

The Marine 2: MARINES ON A PLANE.

"They've got my wife... ON A PLANE!"

Co-starring 50-Cent!

"Don't worry John, I'll help you get your wife back... or die trying."

Is this going to be something requiring the Benoit/Edge type neck surgery? Or is it something a bit less serious?

On the Scramble match front, why would anyone have picked Cena to win that match? The dude had zero momentum at all and frankly shouldn't have even been IN the match.

Is this going to be something requiring the Benoit/Edge type neck surgery? Or is it something a bit less serious?

On the Scramble match front, why would anyone have picked Cena to win that match? The dude had zero momentum at all and frankly shouldn't have even been IN the match.

He doesn't need momentum, he's John Cena.

Edit: Semi-snappy comments aside, I hope he takes some time off to really heal up. His spot isn't going anywhere soon.

I hope he takes all the time he needs to fully heal before getting back into the ring. Between his real life interviews, first hand reports and all the make-a-wish stuff he does, he seems like a legitimately nice guy so I wish him the best.

He should just work through it. Paul Orndoff pushed through similar problems and he was just fine.

I know whenever I hear Orndorff interviews nowadays, I can't help but to think how laid back, well adjusted, and accepting of the new guard he is.

Thank You Batista!

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*

On the brightside, say Cena has surgery and is healthy by Wrestlemania.

He would be instantly set up for a rematch against Batista.

It would be another case of falling ass backwards into a good thing by the WWE

Cool...I'm a "Whiny Bitch"

Nothing cooler than a scene point popularity contest on a wrestling forum :lol:

Edited by ashamed wrestling fan

I wonder if the catch Batista Bomb is what they are kayfabing the injury to be from or the actual cause. I actually assumed right away that was the move that did it, but on all the replays on Raw, it actually looked pretty safe / well protected from a head bump perspective.

I agree, this is crappy news, and possibly catastrophic in Vince's eyes. I do think it should be turned in to an opportunity. Give Cena the time off, make him get better and maybe we will see a rejuvenated character come back, possibly being capable of harnessing the charisma he has to attract more than kids and women. I don't like the guy now, but you have to admire the effort he puts in. Imagine a little time off plus a little bit of character innovation, he could come back bigger than ever.

Women?? You mean 15 yrs old and under ??

I used to work with women who thought Cena was the hottest guy ever. The women in my section at Mania 23 were really into Cena too while all the guys cheered for Shawn. Why do you think only teenagers would be into him?

That reminds me of a house show I went to in 2003 where these 13-14 years olds behind us kept yelling about how hot they thought Benoit was during the main event. That seemed so odd.

I used to work with women who thought Cena was the hottest guy ever. The women in my section at Mania 23 were really into Cena too while all the guys cheered for Shawn. Why do you think only teenagers would be into him?

That reminds me of a house show I went to in 2003 where these 13-14 years olds behind us kept yelling about how hot they thought Benoit was during the main event. That seemed so odd.

That reminds me of a RAW taping I was at where I coaxed a bunch of pre-teens into screaming how much Todd Grisham needed to die. Actually that doesn't remind of that in the least, but I just wanted to mention it. Maybe there's hope for the WWE fanbase.

Yes goldengreek, WWE is going to work a serious neck injury so they can their #1 merchandise draw for kids - who they are seriously targeting again - can turn heel. Brilliant.