TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2008

From Wrestling Unlimited -

During Randy Orton's media blitz of the U.K. last month, Power Slam conducted an interview with him. During the interview, Orton's asked if he was happy that Triple H got drafted to SmackDown. Suffice it to say, Orton was. Orton also noted a comment Umaga told him backstage during the night of the draft regarding moving away from Triple H when he was drafted to SmackDown (but before he found out Triple H was moving to). And then you won't believe what Orton has to say on Triple H. Here is what Orton said in the interview. PS: Were you glad when Triple H was Drafted to SmackDown? Orton: I was at the Draft (on June 23) after I got hurt. I was in the locker room watching the backstage monitor. I was hoping to get traded (from Raw to SmackDown). Actually, it's funny because Umaga just got traded to SmackDown. He was like, "Man, you know what? At least I haven't got to be around Triple H no more." So (Umaga) goes to SmackDown and I'm like, "Yeah ... F--k you!" The last Draft pick's Triple H and I'm like (punches the air), "Yes! Oh, my God!" Yes, yes, yes!" I went right up to Umaga and I was, like, "You've got to deal with it now!" It was my favourite Draft pick, to be honest with you.

Gee, nice move Randy.

Randy Orton is awesome. So is Umaga. They need a Randy Orton/Umaga tag team.

The HHHaters?

Will they have an awesome entrance theme too like Rated-RKO did?

Too bad Randy doesn't have 'Burn in my Light' anymore, it would go like this:

...HEY! Nothing you can say!

While jungle drums beat in the background.

It still works with his new awesome music.

I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD

etc etc

THEY TALK TO ME

And as the words are finishing, the jungle beats get louder and louder until they're in full effect and they're half way down the aisle.

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously (seems like something I would have picked up on), but the Rumble is in Detroit next year. That's the only major event that's never been in this market, so hooray.

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously (seems like something I would have picked up on), but the Rumble is in Detroit next year. That's the only major event that's never been in this market, so hooray.

You don't consider Wrestlemania 23 a major event?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Anyone who posts here from the Detroit market should totally go to the Rumble. Having been to this year's edition, it's something that every wrestling fan should see live.

Maybe they can trade tights, too.

There was a funny pic from a house show floating around not too long ago of Umaga squeezed into Edge's tights and boots. Anyone still have it?

Maybe they can trade tights, too.

There was a funny pic from a house show floating around not too long ago of Umaga squeezed into Edge's tights and boots. Anyone still have it?

He was wearing Orton's tights and Edge's shinguards.

This is the best place to ask without starting a new thread I guess..

A few years ago (last year?) WWE.com did 'WWE Fantasy' - A fantasy football type game where you can take a select group of wrestlers (with main eventers costing more than jobbers of course) and score points on things such as competing in a match, winning a match, winning a title, appearances on a show, etc.

Anyway, would anybody be interested in doing one for Raw/SmackDown/ECW? I'd happily run one (i've run football ones before on forums, so it wouldn't be a bother) if anyone else was interested?

This is just something I really enjoyed doing when WWE.com ran it.

Did TBK ever officially "turn" on London, or did they just dissolve the team, and give Kendrick a heel push and give London the shaft?

I believe they hinted at it about the same time as they were teasing the Cade/Murdoch split, but to my knowledge they never got the official break segment as the draft split them.

Did TBK ever officially "turn" on London, or did they just dissolve the team, and give Kendrick a heel push and give London the shaft?

I believe they hinted at it about the same time as they were teasing the Cade/Murdoch split, but to my knowledge they never got the official break segment as the draft split them.

Bingo. WWE teased a split between them including having Kendrick abandon in a match against Umaga. It was later changed to Kendrick deciding that discretion was the better part of valor, which London was cool with and nothing else was mentioned of a split. IMO, it's a shame Vince is still holding a grudge against London for the smiling thing, since I always felt London was the better of the two.

London joining HBK in the war against Cade and Jericho practically writes itself, so what does WWE do? Throws London in a throwaway two minute match against Cade and keeps him off TV. Is this booking shit really that hard?

Yeah, I've been waiting for London to join up with Michaels or Jericho, since he could fit in either role, especially after Jericho's ultimatum, but he's not a favorite of the office right now and is allegedly on the bubble.

Yeah, I've been waiting for London to join up with Michaels or Jericho, since he could fit in either role, especially after Jericho's ultimatum, but he's not a favorite of the office right now and is allegedly on the bubble.

I think we might be seeing London/Danielson II soon.

London joining HBK in the war against Cade and Jericho practically writes itself, so what does WWE do? Throws London in a throwaway two minute match against Cade and keeps him off TV. Is this booking shit really that hard?

It's not that it's hard.. it's perfectly easy. Anyone with a creative bone in their body could to it, actually. It's just that WWE and it's "senior team" are more concerned with their bullshit politics over doing something interesting and something that actually makes sense.

Wait...so AmDrag is coming in?

Wait...so AmDrag is coming in?

No. Since London's said to be on the chopping block, he might return to ROH soon.