TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mikeoldmac

shoot interviews

What stories or interesting things have you heard from interviews youve seen!

il start off with some

Sunny admits to sleeping with Shawn Michaels but not choosing to be with him!

Raven says that he slept with sunny!

I love the story from mikey whipwrecks when the sandman was caning him alot after the match,so cactus Jack does a shoot run in and hits sandman in the head and shouts "run mikey"

In Road Dogg's, he says that someone (can't remember if it was him) opened Mark Henry's meatball sub, replaced the meatballs with shit, and watched him take two bites.

Jim Neidhart tells a story of being in Louisiana and coming through the curtain only to be punched in the face by some redneck. He made it to the ring and told Butch Reed that he'd find the guy after the match, claiming it was "some son a of a bitch with a straw hat and overalls." He then looks around the ring and EVERYONE has on a hat and overalls. :lol:

Tom Brandi tells a great story of how him and Owen Hart used to get free food, shirts, and hats from Planet Hollywood by calling up prior to going in and pretending to be the event coordinator for the WWF. The Planet Hollywood people would be so excited at the prospect of Austin, Rock etc. showing up but of course it would only be Owen and Brandi.

I love shoots.

I recall Raven telling a pretty funny story in a shoot with the Sandman where he awoke during surgery and asked for more dope, because it had worn off.

Jim Cornette has some hilarious stories about his days in Louisiana and dealing with the riot-happy crowds at those shows.

It's also pretty interesting to hear him justify things to himself about jumping off the scaffold at Starcade '86.

Yeah, the four hour Cornette one is pure gold. I forget the names, but he tells a story about two wrestlers picking up a hitchiker in Alabama and pretending to get into a fight in the car before one shoots the other with a blank and makes the hitchiker run for his life. His rants on Vince Russo and Bischoff (he HATES the both of them) is what makes it. I can't even begin to transcribe it; you have to hear it yourself.

Yeah, the four hour Cornette one is pure gold. I forget the names, but he tells a story about two wrestlers picking up a hitchiker in Alabama and pretending to get into a fight in the car before one shoots the other with a blank and makes the hitchiker run for his life. His rants on Vince Russo and Bischoff (he HATES the both of them) is what makes it. I can't even begin to transcribe it; you have to hear it yourself.

I believe at least one of those wrestlers was Jackie Fargo. Can't remember the other off the top of my head.

And yeah, the story of how Cornette filmed a SMW bit at the Powerplant and Bischoff showing up is priceless. It was childish as all get out, but I laugh every time I hear Cornette tell what he did to Bischoff's sports car.

And hate is too kind of a word to describe how Cornette feels about both of them in that interview.

I believe the other wrestler was Don Fargo.

The Powerplant story is also a great example of Eric Bischoff lacking any kind of balls whatsoever, when he's talking to Ole Anderson who asks him if he's (Ole) is going to get fired or not, and Eric blows him off, drives away, and then fires him over the phone the next day.

You can't go wrong with any of the Cornette interview tapes out there. There's tons of great stories to be heard.

I believe the other wrestler was Don Fargo.

The Powerplant story is also a great example of Eric Bischoff lacking any kind of balls whatsoever, when he's talking to Ole Anderson who asks him if he's (Ole) is going to get fired or not, and Eric blows him off, drives away, and then fires him over the phone the next day.

You can't go wrong with any of the Cornette interview tapes out there. There's tons of great stories to be heard.

Yeah... the Heenan series is hilarious as is the one he did with Paul Bearer. I have the .mp3 of the 4 hour shoot and the three Heenan shoots along with part two of the series he did with Bill Watts, but I can't find audio for the Paul Bearer one (Which has a lot of great Texas and WWF stories). Didn't he also release one that was basically a primer on running OVW?

Didn't he also release one that was basically a primer on running OVW?

That was a 2003 interview from RF. It's a lot about OVW, but Cornette also talks about a lot of other things, including tag team wrestling, Ian Rotten, Wade Keller, Rick Bassman and more. He tells a great story about confronting Ed Ferrera over Ed's mocking of Jim Ross.

If you can find the Q&A's from SMW's Fan Week conventions, they're also a goldmine of stories and information.

Another source of good stories is the Raven/Honky Tonk Man shoot where they go over a list of famous wrestling rumors/urban legends and tell whether or not if they are true. The one about the Rock and Roll Express, Jimmy Valiant, a hooker, and said hooker doing something on a glass table is equally disturbing and hilarious.

Didn't he also release one that was basically a primer on running OVW?

That was a 2003 interview from RF. It's a lot about OVW, but Cornette also talks about a lot of other things, including tag team wrestling, Ian Rotten, Wade Keller, Rick Bassman and more. He tells a great story about confronting Ed Ferrera over Ed's mocking of Jim Ross.

If you can find the Q&A's from SMW's Fan Week conventions, they're also a goldmine of stories and information.

I really love Cornette's Q&A from Highspots that came out in 2005. A drunken Tommy Young is always a plus.

There was a thread with links to MP3s of a bunch of shoot interviews a while back. I'd like to revisit that to see if I can get the Cornette one from '03 and a Heenan one.

Speaking of shoot interviews...

THE RIC FLAIR SHOOT INTERVIEW RACE IS OVER AND THE WINNER IS.....

by Mike Johnson @ 11:21 PM on 9/3/2008

Our good friends at www.highspots.com issued the following announcement that they've won the Ric Flair shoot interview race and will produce a shoot interview over three weeks (not a typo). The complete release reads:

WWW.HIGHSPOTS.COM is proud to announce its biggest project ever involving one of the greatest and most recognizable pro wrestling stars on the planet. Highspots has signed "NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR for an amazing career retrospective video project unlike any shoot interview ever conducted before.

The Highspots.com interview with the incomparable Ric Flair will be conducted over a three week session at the Highspots offices in Charlotte, NC. What will result is a complete documented retelling of Flair's entire storied career in his own words from beginning to end. This will be far more thorough than any other shoot interview ever conducted.

From his first days in Verne Gagne's blistering cold Minnesota wrestling camp all the way to Flair's final hurrah underneath the warm Florida sky at Wrestlemania 24, virtually every event in arguably the most legendary pro wrestling career of all-time will be talked about. Without any filter from any corporate legal department, we will get the true candid thoughts from The Man himself on carrying the NWA World Heavyweight Championship for nearly a decade, the crazy road stories traveling with the Four Horsemen, legendary opponents like Rick Steamboat, backstage conflict with Jim Herd, his true thoughts on the McMahon family and everything in between. You will hear the deepest insight ever captured on film of Flair's memories from wrestling literally all over the world: the Carolinas, Puerto Rico, Japan, Mexico, Texas, WCW, WWE and all points in between.

In conjunction with this amazing series of interviews, Highspots has signed 16-time World Champion Ric Flair for a number of live appearances to promote our upcoming DVD releases. For every event there will be a VIP ticket available that includes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to not only meet but interact with wrestling's greatest World Champion ever, Ric Flair. In addition, each of the six events will feature live matches brought to you by some of the top wrestling promotions in the country today as well as other shows honoring our territorial legends. Flair will appear to address the crowd at every event during the matches but the only way to meet and greet The Man is to purchase the VIP ticket for the pre-show autograph signing and photo opportunity with The Nature Boy.

Ticket and card information is available for the first 2 events already, with 4 other huge nights with the Nature Boy happening later this year. Highspots.com proudly presents "Nature Boy" Ric Flair at the following two live events this fall:

September 20th - Jacksonville, NC - Hunters Creek Middle School

October 3rd - Columbia, SC - Jamil Temple

Information will be forthcoming at http:///www.highspots.com/ricflair for Flair's remaining Highspots.com appearances on November 8th, November 14th, November 15th and December 6th.

Every pro wrestling fan young and old is invited to join Highspots.com on this once in a lifetime journey with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Whether you long for the good old days and remember how wrestling used to be or if you've just discovered the legendary legacy of Ric Flair in the twilight of his career, this will be the most informative wrestling video series ever, a true living history of the wrestling business as told by perhaps its favorite son. Join us through our DVD releases and at our upcoming live events as we not only reminisce about past memories but also make new ones!

I cannot wait!

Speaking of shoot interviews...

THE RIC FLAIR SHOOT INTERVIEW RACE IS OVER AND THE WINNER IS.....

by Mike Johnson @ 11:21 PM on 9/3/2008

Our good friends at www.highspots.com issued the following announcement that they've won the Ric Flair shoot interview race and will produce a shoot interview over three weeks (not a typo). The complete release reads:

WWW.HIGHSPOTS.COM is proud to announce its biggest project ever involving one of the greatest and most recognizable pro wrestling stars on the planet. Highspots has signed "NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR for an amazing career retrospective video project unlike any shoot interview ever conducted before.

The Highspots.com interview with the incomparable Ric Flair will be conducted over a three week session at the Highspots offices in Charlotte, NC. What will result is a complete documented retelling of Flair's entire storied career in his own words from beginning to end. This will be far more thorough than any other shoot interview ever conducted.

From his first days in Verne Gagne's blistering cold Minnesota wrestling camp all the way to Flair's final hurrah underneath the warm Florida sky at Wrestlemania 24, virtually every event in arguably the most legendary pro wrestling career of all-time will be talked about. Without any filter from any corporate legal department, we will get the true candid thoughts from The Man himself on carrying the NWA World Heavyweight Championship for nearly a decade, the crazy road stories traveling with the Four Horsemen, legendary opponents like Rick Steamboat, backstage conflict with Jim Herd, his true thoughts on the McMahon family and everything in between. You will hear the deepest insight ever captured on film of Flair's memories from wrestling literally all over the world: the Carolinas, Puerto Rico, Japan, Mexico, Texas, WCW, WWE and all points in between.

In conjunction with this amazing series of interviews, Highspots has signed 16-time World Champion Ric Flair for a number of live appearances to promote our upcoming DVD releases. For every event there will be a VIP ticket available that includes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to not only meet but interact with wrestling's greatest World Champion ever, Ric Flair. In addition, each of the six events will feature live matches brought to you by some of the top wrestling promotions in the country today as well as other shows honoring our territorial legends. Flair will appear to address the crowd at every event during the matches but the only way to meet and greet The Man is to purchase the VIP ticket for the pre-show autograph signing and photo opportunity with The Nature Boy.

Ticket and card information is available for the first 2 events already, with 4 other huge nights with the Nature Boy happening later this year. Highspots.com proudly presents "Nature Boy" Ric Flair at the following two live events this fall:

September 20th - Jacksonville, NC - Hunters Creek Middle School

October 3rd - Columbia, SC - Jamil Temple

Information will be forthcoming at http:///www.highspots.com/ricflair for Flair's remaining Highspots.com appearances on November 8th, November 14th, November 15th and December 6th.

Every pro wrestling fan young and old is invited to join Highspots.com on this once in a lifetime journey with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Whether you long for the good old days and remember how wrestling used to be or if you've just discovered the legendary legacy of Ric Flair in the twilight of his career, this will be the most informative wrestling video series ever, a true living history of the wrestling business as told by perhaps its favorite son. Join us through our DVD releases and at our upcoming live events as we not only reminisce about past memories but also make new ones!

I cannot wait!

I don't buy shoot interviews, but this one... I'll make an exception.

I think my favorite part of the Cornette/Paul Bearer shoot is when Bearer starts to describe how he was the world's best paid babysitter when he was first assigned to the Undertaker.

cant wait for the ric flair one!just got the kurt angle one today!so thats tonights viewing!

anyone recommend any shoot interviews for me??thanks

meanwhile another couple of facts iv heard

During the Bret,Goldberg angle where Bret wore the steal plate under his shirt...Bischoff wanted Hogan to come down and beat up Bret at the end for no reason at all!

Owen tried to get out of his WWE contract but Vince threated Bret with legal action if he got involved

Bad news Brown was suppose to be the WWF champion at some point and face Hogan

Bill Alfonso, which is an old favorite of mine.

Any Cornette shoot/Q&A

Any Raven shoot (also, both Raven/Sandman shoots are a riot). I just watched the Face Off with Raven and Kevin Sullivan and it was pretty interesting.

Molly Holly's shoot is interesting, albeit short.

The Road Warriors shoot; especially their story about the first Wargames match.

Too Cold Scorpio's shoot has some interesting stories. I highly recommend it.

New Jack's first shoot interview. Another old favorite of mine.

Steve Corino is fucking hilarious. Get his as well.

Throw in Rick Martel and Dutch Mantell as well.

And Joe/Punk too.

The new Sandman and Raven one with Terry Funk and the Gangstas looks like it's going to be fun.

Wait, it's all five of them? That does sound fun.

I can't wait for Stevie Richards to do a shoot interview.

im looking forward to a stevie one think hel have alot to say!

i must admit i didnt think id enjoy the steve blackman one but it was great!

whats this about raven,sandman funk and the gangsters??

The Matt Hardy shoot is very entertaining. You get a lot on the whole Matt/Lita/Edge situation.

The Rock and Roll Express did a pretty funny shoot as well. I don't think Ricky said a sentence without two to three cuss words in it the whole time.

A person who would be awesome to do a shoot interview, but we will probably never get one, unless he gets fired, is Michael Hayes. Sure, he'd be full of shit on most of it, but he can tell a mean story at times.

im looking forward to a stevie one think hel have alot to say!

i must admit i didnt think id enjoy the steve blackman one but it was great!

whats this about raven,sandman funk and the gangsters??

http://www.bigvisionentertainment.com/stor...ven_sandman.php

I just thought that a Mark Henry shoot could be interesting, because he's put up with and probably seen a lot of random shit in his time with WWE.

In Road Dogg's, he says that someone (can't remember if it was him) opened Mark Henry's meatball sub, replaced the meatballs with shit, and watched him take two bites.

There hasn't been a good wrestling/fecal matter story in YEARS. It was one of the staples of the Kliq Era.

I saw some of the Pure Evil shoot with The Taskmaster and Raven. Pretty great stuff. Raven's funny as always and he and Sullivan both come off as smart.

There hasn't been a good wrestling/fecal matter story in YEARS. It was one of the staples of the Kliq Era.

I saw some of the Pure Evil shoot with The Taskmaster and Raven. Pretty great stuff. Raven's funny as always and he and Sullivan both come off as smart.

Yeah, it seems like every major rib that happened in the WWE in the mid 90's involved someone taking a country in someone's food, bag, or other personal property.

Wow this makes me almost miss tape trading.

The Mikey Whipwreck shoot is an all time favorite. Interesting to hear from one of the lower WCW guys during the time where they just had no idea what to do with the young talent. Said Austin was more than happy to put him over in ECW.

Justin Credible talks a lot about the power the Clique had back in the day. Good stuff there.

The Jim Cornette ones are all great. "Fucking Vince Russo. Did I ever tell you that I rubbed a booger on his car?" (Either Russo or Bischoff)