TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

UFC 91: Couture vs Lesnar

Did anyone else notice about 50 visible lumps all over Hendrick's back and midsection? My girlfriend and I spent the first three minutes of the fight wondering if he had cancer.

Did anyone else notice about 50 visible lumps all over Hendrick's back and midsection? My girlfriend and I spent the first three minutes of the fight wondering if he had cancer.

As soon as that weigh-in picture came out everyone was talking about it.

Yeah, dude doesn't look like he should be fighting people right now

Yeah, dude doesn't look like he should be fighting people right now

Everyone I was watching the fight with called him Lumpy.

So if Fedor is eventually signed within a year from now, does anyone even care to see him against Randy or is it going to be Fedor v. Brock (or whoever wins between Brock & Mir/Nog) ?

24whk6p.gif

So I counted 37 landed shots in 12 seconds, and Couture's head bounced off the canvas on probably 70% of them. [sarcasm]God those were some weak hammer punches[/sarcasm]

I was sitting there thinking, okay they are going to let Randy have longer than usual to get a defense going out of respect and to stop people from claiming it was a work, unfortunately people are going to be morons anyway. It's like some of the shit I heard southerners in this news report saying about Obama prior to the election, I just wonder where people hear this shit or come up with it.

There was no reason why Brock used his HAMMER FISTS~! 20+ times like that. After the first four it should have been declared over.

Other than that, solid show.

So what are the chances UFC signs Kurt Angle to a one fight contract, for a special attraction match with Brock? I know it sounds like a ridiculous idea, but Kurt had interest in MMA, and it would be a NCAA champ vs. Olympic Gold Medalist, and Dana White could do something silly and bill it a former adversaries have decided to settle the score in the octagon. Brock would probably have to first beat Mir/Nog, and the idea altogether is ridiculous, but I guarantee it would probably get the UFC it's biggest buyrate ever.

I'm just laughing my ass off at the calls of a fix elsewhere. It's 265+ pounds of humanity throwing hammerfists at a grounded opponent and a metric shit-ton of blows to the dome can scramble anyone's brain. Dong Hyun Kim threw elbows at Jason Tan at about the same speed, got about the same effect and there wasn't an outcry of a fix there. Don't know why I pull that out as an example, but I'll go with it.

Doesn't Dana want Angle in the UFC (as long as they have his exclusive rights)? It's not that laughable an idea.

It's laughable because Angle has talked about wanting to do MMA ever since he was fired from WWE and despite numerous chances thrown his way, including a legit 7 figure deal from Dana right after Angle left WWE, Angle finds a way for the deal not to happen. What's laughable is that some people still don't see through the fact that Angle's talk of doing MMA is just that. Talk. Nothing more.

Kurt Angle is a lot of things.

He's not stupid.

There is no way Angle would agree to fight Brock Lesnar after how he's fought the last two times. Angle would be killed, and deep down he knows it.

Plus, Angle's never doing MMA in the first place. It's all bullshit. Carny bullshit.

We're not an isolated country within the world of TSM, but I think MMA in general's going to see an upswing of wrestling fans getting into MMA, or becoming more serious due to Brock.

You can take that as a positive or a negative. Surely they can't be any worse then Sherdoggers.

I don't think Angle should or would do MMA, seriously, but I've learned not to trust common sense with Angle. Remember how we were so sure he wasn't jumping to TNA, and he ended up doing it. I'm just saying I wouldn't be SO surprised to see Angle in MMA, if only for a match, to prove something. But I'd hope not for his body's sake.

I was starting to get interested in MMA, and the fact that Brock came in made me more interested. But it's not like I only watch the cards with Brock on.

I also readily admit that I know fuck all, although this doesn't prevent me from mocking someone who thinks they do in my sig (hi Spike).