TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

SNL 9/27

Good episode. The cold opening was hilarious and the writers didn't really have much to do because Sarah Palin really did say all that stupid shit in her Couric interview.

The debate skit was hit/miss but I enjoyed it overall. Jason/Ana as the bad couple who did all the stupid things and Kenan/Ana on the boat were both pretty decent skits.

Some funny jokes on weekend update. Judy Grimes is much better then Nicolas Feyn as the WU guest that says a bunch of things that go nowhere.

Its been over a decade, and I still find Darrell Hammond as Bill Clinton hillarious.

This Sarah Palin skit didn't seem as funny as the real thing they were parodying. It felt more like a recreation.

It was nice to get to look at Anna Faris. She's so adorable. I can't believe she's over 30.

Yea, Lorne's refusal to hire a black dude is really sad.

Huh?

Fred's Obama is just awful. We need an authentic black dude. ESPECIALLY if Obama wins

If McCain wins the election Darrell could get new life through SNL after being background-ish the last few seasons

You mean except for the Sarah Palin skits that have actually become news themselves?

fuck that boring shit

Even if you think it's boring (which it's not), it's still two skits that they've done that were noteworthy. The first Tina as Palin skit was all over the news, and the second one was one of the top stories at Yahoo!

Huh?

He has Fred Armisen doing this awful impression of Obama. I'm sure there's a black guy out there somewhere who can portray him

Huh?

He has Fred Armisen doing this awful impression of Obama. I'm sure there's a black guy out there somewhere who can portray him

You're not telling my anything I don't already know about Armisen's lackluster impersonation. It was the "refusal" to hire a black guy line that confused me. Even though it would only be a short-term solution, I would love for Dwayne Johnson to host some time in the near future.

Johnson was one of the would-be hosts pushed away due to the strike. The strike ended episodes that had a few hosts I was looking forward to. Did video ever suface of the fundraising SNL at UCB with Michael Cera as host?

I have been somewhat disappointed this season so far, even after defending the current years to others. I guess I just had high hopes for Franco and Faris shows. I have to rewatch, but I don't remember a Digital Short this week. Only thing that stuck out to me was this show was very Keenan heavy. Sad thing is I was so excited when Keenan got on the show, but the more skits I see Keenan in, the less I want to see him.

Johnson was one of the would-be hosts pushed away due to the strike. The strike ended episodes that had a few hosts I was looking forward to. Did video ever suface of the fundraising SNL at UCB with Michael Cera as host?

I have been somewhat disappointed this season so far, even after defending the current years to others. I guess I just had high hopes for Franco and Faris shows. I have to rewatch, but I don't remember a Digital Short this week. Only thing that stuck out to me was this show was very Keenan heavy. Sad thing is I was so excited when Keenan got on the show, but the more skits I see Keenan in, the less I want to see him.

Forgot about last year. Didn't the strike go down just days before Johnson was supposed to host?

I don't think there was a digital short this week. :(

I've gotta say that I've become a bigger fan of Keenan lately. When he first showed up I didn't take him very seriously. Now he's one of my favorite parts.

Don't be an asshole, Bob...you know what I'm saying, why do I have to spell everything out for you every single time I post something?

I'm not being an asshole, I'm correcting you on the noteworthy skits thing. Even if you didn't like them, they're still noteworthy.

The Rock was supposed to host November 10.

The UCB "fundraising" show was basically a collection of skits cut from dress rehearsals and readthroughs. It wasn't an actual fundraiser.

K-e-n-a-n= Kenan.

A little bit of Keenan goes a long way with me. He's pretty good in straight roles and I like his Barkley impression alright but other than that...yech!

That's true. His Barkley, while not great, does entertain me. I don't know what it is. I thought the stained wedding dress skit was alright, but the catchphrase of his character really sucked life out of the sketch for me.