TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

Proof as if proof were needed that Cena sold out. That fan is clearly the only one keeping it real.

I'll say this for Cena. I'm not his biggest fan in terms of his wrestling ability, past the point where it doesn't really matter and to the point where fans are noticing it. And I'm not the biggest fan of the way WWE has his character act most of the time. But, after seeing these video packages they've put together to hype his return, it's hard to deny he's the #1 guy in the business for a reason. And he certainly comes across (positive spin or not) as a good person in general and for the wrestling business.

I'm just glad that WWE have been brave enough, eventually, to stop shying away from the negative reactions he gets and embracing it as part of his character. Best move they could have made.

John Cena is the best thing going for the WWE right now. Some of you need to get off of this workrate and mat skills shit and focus on what matters, ratings and crowd attendance. When Ken Doane and Gunner Scott (no one really gives a shit about these two) sell out arenas, then I'll change my mind.

I posted that over two years ago...

I'm glad I was right about that. I can't believe some people thought Ken Doane and Gunner Scott would be main eventing Wrestlemania by now...

Yes, but it's not all about theatrics either. Fans DO notice when you can't tell the difference between a wrist lock and a headlock. The Great Khali comes to mind. Also, one person can't do the same thing over and over and not be booed...fans eventually got tired of Hogan's deal too and his character had to evolve. WWE isn't letting Cena's character evolve or anything.

But how long did it take for them to turn Hogan? And it wasn't even Vince that turned him it was WCW. Vince may ride Cena as a face until he is past his prime and then Cena himself will probably push to be reinvented as a heel when HHH is looking for his 25th title reign.

Proof as if proof were needed that Cena sold out. That fan is clearly the only one keeping it real.

I'll say this for Cena. I'm not his biggest fan in terms of his wrestling ability, past the point where it doesn't really matter and to the point where fans are noticing it. And I'm not the biggest fan of the way WWE has his character act most of the time. But, after seeing these video packages they've put together to hype his return, it's hard to deny he's the #1 guy in the business for a reason. And he certainly comes across (positive spin or not) as a good person in general and for the wrestling business.

I'm just glad that WWE have been brave enough, eventually, to stop shying away from the negative reactions he gets and embracing it as part of his character. Best move they could have made.

Its great he's a company man and all, but I think Cena comes off as a little too dedicated to pro wrestling. Does the guy even have a personal life to speak of? When Kurt Angle has to tell you to slow down because you're wearing yourself out, you know you've got problems.

Guys like Ric Flair and Chris Benoit, are good examples of why you should never build your life around pro wrestling. I'd love to hear of John demanding time off or at least doing something selfish that indicates he's putting his own well being ahead of WWE.

From Rajah

-- Evan Bourne tore ligaments in his ankle during the six-man tag match that aired during last night's ECW on Sci-Fi. He has been advised to rest up and keep weight off the ankle. Although doctors told him he could miss up to four months. he is hoping to make a faster recovery and may work through the injury. (Source: Bill Behrens)

Son of a BITCH!

From Rajah

-- Evan Bourne tore ligaments in his ankle during the six-man tag match that aired during last night's ECW on Sci-Fi. He has been advised to rest up and keep weight off the ankle. Although doctors told him he could miss up to four months. he is hoping to make a faster recovery and may work through the injury. (Source: Bill Behrens)

Son of a BITCH!

Given his flippy shit I think he's better off taking the full four months off and making sure it's healed properly. I'd target the RR for his return date at the earliest.

I read on PWI that Taylor Rotunda (who is Mike Rotunda's son and Blackjack Mulligan's grandson) is now training at FCW. If ever there was a natural stablemate for Ted DiBiase, Jr. it would be him.

I read on PWI that Taylor Rotunda (who is Mike Rotunda's son and Blackjack Mulligan's grandson) is now training at FCW. If ever there was a natural stablemate for Ted DiBiase, Jr. it would be him.

His finisher could be called "The Recession"

- Layla El is now being advertised as Layla London, so that appears to be her name going forward.

Paul London will never be on WWE TV again.

Future endeavored.

Taylor is a chick name, in my mind at least. I always think it's his daughter being talked about...

Its great he's a company man and all, but I think Cena comes off as a little too dedicated to pro wrestling. Does the guy even have a personal life to speak of? When Kurt Angle has to tell you to slow down because you're wearing yourself out, you know you've got problems.

Guys like Ric Flair and Chris Benoit, are good examples of why you should never build your life around pro wrestling. I'd love to hear of John demanding time off or at least doing something selfish that indicates he's putting his own well being ahead of WWE.

Reminds me of the article Paul Heyman wrote about Cena a few months ago. Cena has no wife nor children. While other guys hate being awakened at weird hours of the night to give interviews over the phone, Cena welcomes it. Vince was certainly right when he said that Cena will be money as long as he doesn't have any problems (drugs, personal, etc.) when Paul pushed to debut him on Smackdown.

I still have a feeling though that Cena is going to burn out in a few years and take a break from the business just like Big Show and Jericho did. No one can keep up the kind of schedule he's doing for that long.

I don't think Cena will end up like Flair or Benoit, I also don't think Flair is doing too bad right now.

Obviously, he's not going to end up like Benoit. Although, I could see him ending up like Flair one day, unable to ever completely walk away from wrestling. I was just using them as an example of what can happen if wrestling becomes the only thing in your life. WWE is Cena's life right now, and I'm not sure how healthy that is. His schedule is insane, and he's been doing it for five years now. Just from a fatigue point of view, it has to be difficult.

What happened to D-Lo Brown? I don't think he's been on T.V. in 2 months. Is he hurt, or is it the infamous "creative has nothing for you" excuse?

I don't think Cena will end up like Flair or Benoit, I also don't think Flair is doing too bad right now.

Obviously, he's not going to end up like Benoit. Although, I could see him ending up like Flair one day, unable to ever completely walk away from wrestling. I was just using them as an example of what can happen if wrestling becomes the only thing in your life. WWE is Cena's life right now, and I'm not sure how healthy that is. His schedule is insane, and he's been doing it for five years now. Just from a fatigue point of view, it has to be difficult.

It's only a handful that can say they have done this. Hogan is the biggest star in the history of the business, and he can't completely walk away. You also can say the same about guys like Sting, Foley, Nash, HBK, and Austin. I get what you were trying to say, but it seemed odd to compare Flair and Cena, to Benoit.

Cena and Orton are young and multiple time champs. The problem is if they stay with the company for the next 10 - 15, they'll pretty much be in the main event in that time frame. There is going to be a lot of conflict with so many main eventers around.