TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - October 6, 2008

I understand that they feel Austin can help the ratings and he has become a regular at Cyber Sunday but wouldn't he have been better served on Smackdown? Austin has no connection to Batista and Jericho right now and inserting him into this after a long build up isn't neccesary. Austin could be used as a referee for a likely TBS/HHH rematch at Cyber Sunday just as well.

Yeah I noticed a lot of that on this show tonight. Odd stuff like Regal being the timekeeper and Orton being the commentator for the main event. While Regal did at least attack Batista (but why?) I fail to see why Jericho would insert Orton into this at all considering he could care less about either man in the match.

Have to admit I'm not real sure where HBK goes from here. I thought they might do a feud with Cade but he flat out squashed Cade tonight.

I'm not going to pay a fucking dollar to vote. It's $.99 plus text message costs. That ridiculous.

And no voting on wwe.com.

I'm not going to pay a fucking dollar to vote. It's $.99 plus text message costs. That ridiculous.

You can't be serious... No voting on WWE.com?

You can't be serious... No voting on WWE.com?

I became really concerned about it when Lawler said to vote on the cell phones for the IC title match instead.

Yeah, there's no option whatsoever to vote online.

$1 a vote? This will be the year of a record low interaction.

And a record high for income I'm sure. Plenty of people(/kids) will still vote regardless. And WWE'll get $1 for each of them. I'm sure that'll more than make up for quantity of votes, which isn't really important since just the percentages matter.

EDIT: Also, are they actually going with Khali as the light-hearted face giant? Or is that just wishful thinking. "The Great Khali says he'll call you" alone has put him on the verge of being one of my favourites, all they have to do is have him destroy Knoxville next week and he'll be made.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Yeah, there's no option whatsoever to vote online.

And they're still calling it "Cyber Sunday"?

I was actually awaiting a Charlie Haas appearance tonight. Especially since he teased over the weekend that his next impersonation would be Goldberg. WWE must be doing something right. They've made people care about Charlie Haas.

Conspiracy theory: they didn't have Haas show up because he's going to be Santino's IC Title opponent, so they didn't want to tip it by announcing the phone vote for three long-gone WWE/F superstars and having the resident wrestler who imitates long-gone WWE/F superstars on the same show.

But, I dunno.