TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 6

Classic trap game for the Giants tonight. I will be interesting to see how they respond.

I'm slightly worried about this, but at the same time I think they'll be ready. They could take a strangehold of the division by Week 9 with a win here and against Dallas in a couple of weeks.

Well at least now signing Brooks Bollinger makes some sense.

THE SAVIOR!

I'm shocked Wade Phillips and the Cowboys didn't give Rob Johnson a call. He can't be doing anything right now. Come on, he has game experience AND experience with Wade Phillips. It's the perfect marriage!

Rob Johnson is like 50 years old.

Why not call Bernie Kosar?

Or why not Bubby Brister?

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
They've been torn up all god damned season by slant routes. Is there some kind of fundamental fucking brain damage that Babich has suffered lo these many years to where he can't see, recognize, and then DO SOMETHING about it? FUCKING!

If you had heard anything from Lovie, Babich, and the players, Michael Turner is the second coming of Jim Brown, who has not been nor ever will be tackled by anyone, so I was expecting them to approach the game with that mindset and get torched on the ground. Surprisingly, they shut Turner down, but why didn't they pressure the fucking quarterback AT ALL? Why did they keep giving up 10+ yards on the same damn play? It's like just when they let the Buccaneers beat them. All three losses have been to NFC South teams in the last minutes of the 4th quarter.

If you think about it, that's what's really telling about how awful these coaches have become. These guys get gassed. Remember in 2006 when everyone was heralding their strength/conditioning coach for building a team with such great stamina? Where the FUCK is that? These guys did fuck-all in training camp; Lovie has admitted as much. Now they go out there and there are times when there's just nothing there at all: Jonathan Stewart running all over them, Brian Griese running the exact same play like eight times, and then they were so tired yesterday that Lovie had Gould kick a fucking squib kick because "they were too tired to run all the way down" or some BULLSHIT with 11 goddamn seconds on the clock. Lovie, you dumbass, any fucking idiot can figure out that you should just boot it to the 5-yard line, make them run it back, and that gives them 5 or 6 seconds for one desperation play around the 20 to 30, not the goddamn 44. They should not be "too tired" to cover a kickoff that decides the game. Bad coaching. Bad bad bad bad coaching. We've got this dope for like five more years, too. "He can't be that bad if he took you guys to the Super Bowl--" YOU DON'T KNOW.

To answer your question, Bob Babich doesn't really call any plays or do much of anything but run around and act like an idiot. The defense is Lovie's, and the failure to ADJUST TO ANYTHING, EVER, is Lovie's too. He figures that if the Bears execute exactly as he planned, they're unstoppable, which they are, but football doesn't work that way.

Ouch. Out 4 weeks and while the Cowboys should get a win over the Rams next week after that they have Tampa, NY Giants, and Washington.

I assume Brad Johnson will be starting. I had marked the Dallas game as being a real "prove it" game for the Bucs and had more or less assumed that they would lose. This helps a lot. We could be looking at a 7-2 start.

I know I'm really late on this, but on the Tony Romo "tuck rule" play yesterday I know that the way the rule is interpreted is technically correct and it's a pass, but doesn't the "pass" he makes there travel backwards making it a live ball?

Almost 2,000 Bengals tickets for Sunday's game against Pittsburgh are up for sale on stubhub.com and almost 5,000 are available for the game against Jacksonville.

As a season ticket holder since 2000, I am glad to see people bail. I would have back in June, but already had my 20% deposit down. Should have just ate the 20% loss, as I am pretty sure I am not going to anymore games after Sunday's against the Steelers. Mike Brown will not get another dime of my business in concession or parking revenue.

Its just a shame that Palmer may be out for the season, as it will give the apologists another excuse after a horrible year.

That would be tough. I did that stuff when I was little, (I was a Patriots fan through school, since our mascot was the Patriots) but I really feel that would be tough to switch now. I haven't bought a jersey since 2003 (mostly due to the fact of price vs. no guarantee of how long a player would be there) and have plenty of gear that I can support them from home, but I am really tired of this shit.

I heard a stat from Marino or Boomer that this is the 8th time in franchise history they have started 0-6. This is their 41st season playing in the NFL and 20% of the time they have started 0-6?!

Its funny because its the same tune we were singing between 1992-2003 (that Mike Brown needed to hire outsiders to be in charge of personnel), but we impressed that the team went from 2-14 to 8-8 in one season.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow, this Monday Night game isn't as shitty as I thought it would be. Cleveland's up by 10 on the Giants right now.

The Giants look impotent tonight. Can't rush the passer, stop the run or cover anyone in the secondary. I guess it looks like the Titans will be the last unbeaten team this year.

Massive understatement, but the Browns' passing game looks way better than in their first 4 games. Just having Stallworth out there as a viable second target seems to be opening things up quite a bit.

UGH

No pass rush=exposed secondary=loss

Titans only undefeated team remaining.

I can't remember a game where the Giants didn't even at least knock down the QB

I know Steve Smith is easily leading the team in catches tonight, but there are times when it seems like Eli forgets he has receivers who aren't Plaxico Burress. I've completely lost count of how many times he's tried to find him tonight when there wasn't much of a chance at a catch.

Absolutely frustrating loss. There's no way a team should lose when their opponents commit that many penalties. Well, unless you throw three interceptions in the red zone.

The Giants' three-headed monster reared its head tonight. They falter when a) everyone picks them, b) they play on MNF and/or c) they have a chance to capitalize on division rival losses.

Absolutely frustrating loss. There's no way a team should lose when their opponents commit that many penalties. Well, unless you throw three interceptions in the red zone.

The Giants' three-headed monster reared its head tonight. They falter when a) everyone picks them, b) they play on MNF and/or c) they have a chance to capitalize on division rival losses.

The Skins have Cleveland @ Home next week. Cleveland looked like a different team tonight, but a lot of teams play over their heads at home on MNF, especially with a chance to knock off the defending Superbowl champs.

It's going to be a tough one next week.

I took Cleveland with the points in my pool. The Browns were considered a playoff contender pre-season with good reason, I figured they had under achieved up to this point. The Giants had played excellent, but hadn't looked like a juggernaunt that to be -7.5 on the road at a jacked up Browns Stadium on Monday night. I would have still picked the Giants straight up, but I'm not suprised by the result. Cleveland was do to play better, the Giants were due to come down a bit.