TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 6

Does Terry Bradshaw hate Carson Palmer? When Terry was doing the wrapup during The OT, they showed a picture of Palmer on the sidelines and Terry said Palmer wasn't playing because of his elbow.

Then they show a shot of Favre, and Terry says, of Favre, "he's the best we've ever seen, and he plays hurt."

WOW, ten point swing in the final second of the half in the Eagles/49ers game as David Akers has a long field goal attempt blocked and returned for a touchdown by the Niners to make it a one point game.

The second half of this game was fucking terrible.

I still can't believe they melted down like that.

I'm sad that I'm missing the Chargers raping the Pats. But there's TNA Bound For Glory IV, the Dodgers playoff game, and the Kings' home opener on, too. I really fuckin' need a DVR.

This was the week where I just threw up my hands and admitted that I know nothing about almost all of these teams. Any attempt to predict what will go on from week to week is just pure guesswork.

I don't know if it's a 49ers meltdown or the Eagles just finally started playing well. I like both teams, and the 49ers still aren't at that level yet compared to Philly in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong for a second, the Eagles played well and I give them credit for making plays down the stretch, it just didn't help things that the 49ers decided to turn the ball over and go 3 and just fucking die in the 4th quarter. They just fucking melted down from where they were earlier on in the half.

Also, Mike Nolan needs to be fired.

I know that Cassell is inexperienced, especially as a starter, but can he try to throw the ball when he makes the decision? I swear there's like a 2 second delay when he mentally makes the decision and then chooses not to throw the ball resulting in him tucking it down/getting sacked/dumping it off.

Let's see how I did on the predictions.

Early

Chicago at Atlanta: This is a really tough game to call, since both teams are baffling. Falcons are pretty tough at home though so I will take them to somehow win by 3. (Wow, this was a crazy, great game with a terrific finish. 1 for 1)

Miami at Houston: Houston has played so well the past 2 weeks only to blow it both times. I think that has to start wearing on them and the Dolphins win this by 10. (Houston finally got a tough win, good job. 1 for 2)

Baltimore at Indianapolis: For some reason I just can't see the Colts losing 3 straight at home. I'm not sure how they will win this exactly since they have looked god awful thus far, but I'll take Indy by 4. (Okay so this wasn't even a contest....Ravens are really, really terrible offensively. 2 for 3)

Detroit at Minnesota: Vikings might be getting it back on track and playing the hideous Lions will only help further. Vikings by 14. (What was up with this game? Was it a case of the Lions playing much better or the Vikings just sucking? No spread cover, but as far as W/L goes...3 for 4)

Oakland at New Orleans: Saints can't afford this to be a loss, especially to the mess that is the Oakland Raiders. Saints by 7. (Biggest ass beating of the day. 4 for 5)

Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets: Bengals just can't seem to buy a win even though they have played pretty well in several games. Can't see them winning this one either though. Favre will make enough plays and the Jets win by 6. (Would have been more interesting with Palmer. 5 for 6)

Carolina at Tampa Bay: I'm not quite sold on the Panthers yet, but I'm not sure what Tampa is doing at QB right now. If it's Garcia I'll take the Bucs at home by 7. (It was Garcia, and they crushed the Panthers to bring them back to reality. 6 for 7)

St. Louis at Washington: After a rough early schedule it gets a bit easier for the Redskins. Washington by 21. (Okay now this just completely shocked me on all levels. After this fiasco I think we can cease with the Redskins hype for a while. 6 for 8)

Late

Jacksonville at Denver: Jacksonville is a bit of a tough luck team and the Broncos are a wildly lucky team, especially at home. Denver by 3 (what else?). (Oh joy, the Jags win. 6 for 9)

Dallas at Arizona: Cardinals just baffle me, so who knows what to think of this. Cowboys don't really look on their game right now though, so I'll take Arizona in a shootout 35-31. (Cardinals did everything they could to blow this game and the Cowboys still didn't get it done. If Dallas had won this I might have totally flipped out. 7 for 10)

Philadelphia at San Francisco: I gave the Niners the benefit of the doubt last week, but not again. Philly by 8. (Philly somewhat back on track but the Niners just aren't much. 8 for 11)

Green Bay at Seattle: Both of these teams need a win. But man Seattle is just...not good. So I'll go with the Packers by 6 somewhat reluctantly. (Packers got a solid enough road win. Not much else to say. 9 for 12)

SNF

New England at San Diego: Okay seriously enough of this Matt Cassel crap. Chargers by 14 since they desperately need this one. (Thank you, San Diego. 10 for 13)

I know that Cassell is inexperienced, especially as a starter, but can he try to throw the ball when he makes the decision? I swear there's like a 2 second delay when he mentally makes the decision and then chooses not to throw the ball resulting in him tucking it down/getting sacked/dumping it off.

I'm calling him Drew Cassell from now on.

This team is so much like the '02 team: good one week, get slapped around the next. That team also had a lot of defensive guys that really need to think about hanging it up (Bruschi, Harrison). They should switch to a 4-3 since they really only have two good linebackers (Mayo and Thomas) so they can at least try to get a pass rush and help that putrid secondary.

Maybe I should wait until Tzar puts up the weekly questions, but is anyone even close to the Giants as far as Super Bowl favorites right now?

Edited by KingPK

Maybe I should wait until Tzar puts up the weekly questions, but is anyone even close to the Giants as far as Super Bowl favorites right now?

Unless they shit the bed against Cleveland tomorrow, I don't think anyone will dispute the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now, but things are so crazy, I can't confidently say anyone's a SB favorite this early.

And that Orlovsky safety isn't getting enough attention. That's one of the funniest/saddest things I've seen in a professional game.

Guest Vitamin X

Man, Qwest Field was great. The Packers still aren't running the ball the way I'd like to see, but it was serviceable enough for the play-action pass to work. No one can second guess Aaron Rodgers at this point- he's the biggest bright spot on the whole team right now, especially on offense along with Greg Jennings.

On the way down we were doing beer bongs in the back of the bus while waking up with screwdrivers and bloody marys. There were a ton of Seahawk fans talking trash, yet check out this shot of when they went down 24-10:

headfortheexits.jpg

Hahaha, 12th man indeed. Actually, second to a startling amount of Lofa Tatupu jerseys were #12 jerseys that were personalized with either "Fan" or whatever douchebag decided to throw his name on it. I couldn't complain at all, the line of sight was fantastic, I didn't even need binoculars on or anything- everyone was very visible, and I guess it helps that the players are so damn big too. I say this because the last few games I've been to were college football games, so there's a noticeable size difference between that and the NFL.

Also, apparently after the game, some assholes got into a fight and it ended up with a Seahawk fan on the ground with his head bleeding, all concussed. I told my friend on the bus about this, and she was like GOOD! because apparently she had been getting harassed by Seahawk fans all game, even having some dude come up to her and being all like CRAZY BITCH YOU'RE WEARING THE WRONG JERSEY GET OUT OF OUR STADIUM! Of course, it didn't help that like, half the crowd were cheeseheads. There was a pretty noticeable and loud GO PACK GO chant as the game wound down, actually pretty much after they headed for the exits.

Great day.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

So.

I was out all day yesterday and recorded the Bears game. I just watched it, and I'm not talking to anyone the rest of the day.

Forte and Orton are both manly men, but HOW THE FUCK THEY CAN GET SHREDDED BY A GODDAMN ROOKIE QB from whistle to whistle, is just a testament that this coaching staff is a complete embarassment. ADJUST! ADJUST YOU STUPID ASSHOLES! FUCKING!

They've been torn up all god damned season by slant routes. Is there some kind of fundamental fucking brain damage that Babich has suffered lo these many years to where he can't see, recognize, and then DO SOMETHING about it? FUCKING!

The Bears defense didn't adjust in the SUPER BOWL with Brian screaming and pleading for them too, they damn sure aren't going to adjust in the regular season 2 years later. I mean, that would show that someone on the staff has gathered intelligence. It's sad watching the Bears cause you know the minute an offense finds something that works against them, as long as that offense doesn't go away from it that they will rip the defense to shreds the whole game. They really confuse me.

Well the Cowboys losing makes it a tad easier to swallow the Redskins debacle, but really all that has done is seperate both teams a little further from the Giants, who looking at their schedule could be at 6-0 before they play a decent team.

Go Cleveland, suprise us all!!!!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Bittersweet football weekend for me. The Bears clutch defeat from the jaws of victory (though they were damn lucky to even be in that position, truth be told), but The Colts wrecked Baltimore, and I'm currently watching San Diego beat the gay-ass Patriots like the redheaded stepchildren they are.