TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE To Now Exclusively Call Their Talent "Entertainers"

I bring up the Rated R Superstar name, nothing.

Japanese Popstar God brings it up and he gets all these replies about it.

See you all in Hell.

I'm there already.

I live in New Jersey.

*Gives you a plushie.

Entertainia.

That right there would make me never want to watch the WWE again.

Yeah, did they even think this through?

What about Edge's nickname?

Rated-R Entertainer?

The Edgertainer.

He'll change his name to the Edgeutainer and each week he'll teach the kids something in a fun way that they can get into.

I bring up the Rated R Superstar name, nothing.

Japanese Popstar God brings it up and he gets all these replies about it.

See you all in Hell.

I'm there already.

I live in New Jersey.

*Gives you a plushie.

So am I.

Also, I'm -still- a girl.

Would that effect the old NWA footage and anything else in the WWE library?

The Masked Entertainer

Mr. Entertaining I and II.

The old masked tag team known as the Grapplers would be the Entertainers also?

In the future there won't be any wrestling. They will only cut promos in the middle of the arena.

Not sure if it has been brought up in this thread yet, but you do know that this was one of Vinny Ru's great "ideas" during the early days of the Attitude run.

Basically an entire episode of programing and not one single second of ring action.

Would that effect the old NWA footage and anything else in the WWE library?

The Masked Entertainer

Mr. Entertaining I and II.

The old masked tag team known as the Grapplers would be the Entertainers also?

Let's not forget Shane Douglas igniting the torch in the sport of professional entertaining, and Tony Schiavone commenting on the greatest night in the history of entertainment.

I don't care if they use it in press releases or on WWE.com, but there is no need for them to use it while they are entertaining, and there is no reason for any commission to penalize them for doing so. That would be like if Rikishi really got in trouble with the law for running down Austin. Nothing that happens on camera should hold any water in real life.

Breaks kayfabe pretty badly, but I'm not watching anymore anyway.

Well they must just be trying to integrate it slowly, considering WWE.com still list the roster as superstars, and says superstars in the new updates as well.

To clarify, I wasn't saying that this single insignificant event was going to make me finally stop watching. There have just been so many changes to get the product away from what I liked about it, that I can see my interest slipping away to almost nothing. They can't say:

belt, strap, title, wrestle, wrestler, female wrestler, title-holder, etc.

All of the "realistic" aspects are being stripped away one by one, and I don't like the direction it's headed.

Every dumb decision over the last several years have brought me to this point, not just the decision to call them entertainers.

I have to agree. All these changes are making me less "entertained" by the "product". With that said maybe I'm turning into Bruno Sammartino at an early age. I remember when I was a little kid and people saying Hogan and the wwf was ruining the wwwf by guys like Bruno and Superstar Billy Graham. Interesting as maybe it does go in cycles.

However, it can't be denied that the wwe has NOT been the same since around Vince getting wcw. RAW and Smackdown for the most part is the same damn formula it was 10 years ago. Go back 10 years and 10 years before that and you could see a DRASTIC change in the product that MADE you want to watch. They are coasting now. At least back then you could kind of see a future with bright stars being groomed in ecw, wcw, and the wwf.

I know Cena is not liked on the net too much, but he is a prime example. Watching the promo packages tonight they stripped most of the things that made people like Cena to begin with. The humour, edgy punch-line raps(for wrestling anyways), and that hot up and coming star. Even his "controversial" tweener crowd response is gone of one of half of the audience loving him and the other half hating him.

I also thought Vince got around this athletic tax issue back in 1989 and then in 1997 in New Jersey? You know, I can understand why the government would want to keep an eye on this shit. Look at all the damn wrestlers dying and then seeing stuff like Mick Foley on ABC News back in 1999-2000. Then you see stuff like Chris Benoit popping up. People must be telling the government to keep Vince in check. Besides, why shouldn't Vince pay taxes like other businesses? He could lie/scheme around it anyways like all business men do :lol:

ENTERTAINIA

:(

That would be the deathknell!!! For those who say it wouldn't how would they promote WrestleMania's rich past without mentioning WrestleMania. Plus it sounds more majestic.

Like Vince use to say "the marquee says WRESTLE"

I remember Bret being told by Vince he was moving away from wrestling toward more entertainment. I just hope he doesn't go too far with it. He's stripped too much of the life-like nature of wrestling as it is and are losing the most passionate fans. I mean one tell tale sign is the internet and how the wwe has treated the fans that helped them come back a decade ago. I remember websites and forums all over the net with fans with opinions, suggestion for storyline ideas, feedback, and gossip. The wwf use to feed off that, while wcw ignored them. The wwf killed that part of their product when they got the monopoly. Fans who loved the behind the scenes stuff use to have an outlet with other fans.

So was this whole thing BS? They haven't changed any of the website references of Superstar to Entertainer at all and I haven't heard it on TV once since this was reported.. Even the London/Palumbo release calls them Superstars.

So was this whole thing BS? They haven't changed any of the website references of Superstar to Entertainer at all and I haven't heard it on TV once since this was reported.. Even the London/Palumbo release calls them Superstars.

Could also be one of those things that Vince is all gung-ho for for about a minute and then decided against it.