TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

Interesting note from the latest Observer newsletter/show is that WWE are now cracking down on marijuana, because they're tired of the attitude a lot of the wrestlers have towards their policy, with numerous failures for it. A few wrestlers have failed more than once, and one has even failed 12 times. On the radio show, Dave expressly said that CM Punk was not one of those names. It was also pointed out that top guys are getting away with test failures with no repercussions, because of the usual double standards that come with wrestling.

Looks like Rob Van Dam won't be coming back to WWE any time soon.

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I believe wrestlers that fail a weed test are to be fined $1,000, then $1,000 for each additional failure, up to a maximum of $5,000. When that particular rule was first mentioned, I believe someone here stated if RVD were still on the roster, he would have went ahead and cut Vince a check for $5,000.

What does this weed crackdown consist of though? I mean all they can do is keep fining people for failures, right?

RVD needs to come back too. Ah well.

RVD vs. Evan Bourne in 2009?

What does this weed crackdown consist of though? I mean all they can do is keep fining people for failures, right?

RVD needs to come back too. Ah well.

RVD vs. Evan Bourne in 2009?

I'd tune in. Throw them in a 3-way with Rey Mysterio (Bourne brought out a side of Mysterio a couple weeks ago that we haven't seen in years) and you have virtual license to print money.

WWE.com had a photo of Undertaker vs. Big Show on the website with a caption that read, "Undertaker applying the gogoplata choke to the Big Show." While the announcers know the name of the hold as well, the company doesn't want them using that term on the air.

Credit: The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter

JR said that they're going to call it the Devil's Triangle.

I've heard a lot worse.

I like it, too.

It could have been something as stupid as the Takin' Care of Business Dragon Sleeper... except more zombie-themed.

Gail Kim has officially re-signed(wwe.com), she was backstage in Tampa and introduced to the roster. I think she's desperately needed to help the useless Smackdown Diva's division, however would much rather see her on Raw in match-ups against Beth, Mickie, Katie Lea, Melina.

Smackdown made a huge mistake putting the title on Michelle McCool. Fans just don't care about her AT ALL. I wish they'd have treated Victoria better than using her as the female Val Venis.

Gail Kim has officially re-signed(wwe.com), she was backstage in Tampa and introduced to the roster. I think she's desperately needed to help the useless Smackdown Diva's division, however would much rather see her on Raw in match-ups against Beth, Mickie, Katie Lea, Melina.

Smackdown made a huge mistake putting the title on Michelle McCool. Fans just don't care about her AT ALL. I wish they'd have treated Victoria better than using her as the female Val Venis.

Its hard to care about someone that looks like a crackwhore. Good news for Gail Kim though, hopefully her time in WWE is better for his this time round.

Its hard to care about someone that looks like a crackwhore.

I also hate that "giddy-up" taunt she does during her entrance.

Yeah, Victoria mocking that a while back was great. Victoria is a better heel than many of the male wrestlers.

If I were Vince, I'd rather have guys smoking up to deal with pain and stress of the buisness as oppossed to pills and alcohol. But he certaintly dosn't want WWE to have the reputation of employing a bunch of stoners. I'm surprised the crackdown is coming down now as oppossed to after the Randy Orton incident at WM 22 or when RVD was pulled over for toking up in his car as WWE and ECW champion.

As long as guys aren't high on weed when they're actually "on duty" - ie: in a match or at an appearance - then it really shouldn't be that big of an issue. I'd think that there are bigger drug issues that they should be tackling other than recreational cannabis.

WWE can't be seen to have a lax attitude towards an illegal drug, especially after their previous version of the Wellness Policy was publicly revealed to be a joke. There are bigger drug issues to be tackled, but WWE have to be seen to be strongly against all illegal drugs. Now, whether they let some guys slide when it comes to using those drugs is another issue.

Yeah, but when the media gets on the WWE's case about illegal drugs it's usually in regards to stuff like steroids. Wrestlers smoking weed? Who gives a shit? That won't sell you newspapers or bring in the TV ratings.

The government pays attention to, you know.

As long as guys aren't high on weed when they're actually "on duty" - ie: in a match or at an appearance - then it really shouldn't be that big of an issue. I'd think that there are bigger drug issues that they should be tackling other than recreational cannabis.

WWE can't be seen to have a lax attitude towards an illegal drug, especially after their previous version of the Wellness Policy was publicly revealed to be a joke. There are bigger drug issues to be tackled, but WWE have to be seen to be strongly against all illegal drugs. Now, whether they let some guys slide when it comes to using those drugs is another issue.

Yeah, but when the media gets on the WWE's case about illegal drugs it's usually in regards to stuff like steroids. Wrestlers smoking weed? Who gives a shit? That won't sell you newspapers or bring in the TV ratings.

The government pays attention to, you know.

The government barely even cares if NBA players are smoking weed before games, so I would be surprised if pro wrestlers, who get already get away with god knows what, are smoking up beforehand. It would seem to me like WWE management would have bigger concerns to deal with, such as pain killer abuse and what would (reasonably or unreasonably) be considered "performance enhancing drugs."

Tiffany Flair, the seperated wife of the wrestling legend, is scheduled to appear on Sunday’s Unholy Matrimony radio show this Sunday night at 8:00 p.m. ET. It is a special three-hour show for hosts Rory and Lauren Karpf’s sixth wedding anniversary show. You can listen to the show at Ubroadcast.com/comedy on Ch. 200. On last Sunday’s show, prowrestling.net editor Jason Powell made an appearance. Rory Karpf surprised him by recalling a story on attending a college party with the one and only Stephanie McMahon several years ago. In reference to Stephanie, Rory said, “She smoked weed the entire night.” You can listen to the episode at ubroadcast.com/comedy_stations/.

It's wrestling day on A&E this afternoon. The laughs begin with the now decade old "Untrue Story of Professional Wrestling" followed by a Hulk Hogan biography. The block ends with the Andre biography. These are all very old.

Watching Hogan (my childhood hero) on True Hollywood Story and A&E Bio and HH Championship Wrestling today is marvelous.

Hogan telling different stories of the same event on the shows is ****1/2

*smiles*

My dad called me to wake me up (and to aggravate my hang over) to tell me that the A&E special was on. I didn't even need to turn on the TV, as I responded with "Yeah, the special that came out in 1998 and talks about George Washington? Seen it a million times already."

That A & E show is laughable, especially the part where they said Andre agreed to lose the title to Hogan at WM 3 when Hogan had already been the WWF champion for 3 YEARS.

It's a rare day when have to say "cabbageboy is correct", but yeah, the special makes it sound like Hogan won the belt from Andre. I think Hogan only uses the term "passed the torch" but Steve Allen on narration runs with it. It's also implied Andre may not have wanted to do the job, but in the end he was a professional.

You know in the General Wrestling forum Kamala said something similar about it being a rare day when I'm right about something. Over the past few months the only thing I've posted on here that was actually incorrect was a post about Raw ratings in 2000, when I accidentally quoted the ratings for the US Open weeks instead of the move to TNN.