TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

What Would Be Your Theme/Entrance Music?

This should be a fun one...

Let's say you're in a promotion that uses commercial music for entrance themes. What would your entrance theme be and why? How would it fit your character? How would it connect to the fans?

Back in my E-Wrestling days, I had a couple of characters and made sure the entrance music fit them like a glove:

"It's Good to be King" by Tom Petty - Went with my "Messiah of Pro-Wrestling" character. Even though it was slow, it fit the character like a glove.

"Got the Life" by Korn - Went with the same character when I did a Million-Dollar man style approach.

"Meet the Creeper" by Rob Zombie - Went with a Kane like monster character

"Ain't That a Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin - Went with a wiseguy/mob character (Was also the name of his finisher)

Another real good one I saw that worked a great deal was "Running with the Devil" by Van Halen for a Road Warriors style team.

One song I think would be great if you wanted to do a Magnum T.A. style character is "Right Now" by Van Halen. You have a long opening part to build crowd anticipation, and then the entrance is made when the main part of the song hits. The same goes for "Superbeast" for a monster or even Batista style character.

I've always thought "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers would be perfect for a plucky, common man (ala Dusty Rhodes or Tommy Dreamer) babyface.

Way back when I did e-feds, one of my characters who was an arrogant prick heel used "Simply The Best" by Tina Turner.

I've always thought "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers would be perfect for a plucky, common man (ala Dusty Rhodes or Tommy Dreamer) babyface.

Way back when I did e-feds, one of my characters who was an arrogant prick heel used "Simply The Best" by Tina Turner.

Reminds me of one I missed - "You're the Best Around" from "The Karate Kid" would be a great heel theme.

One of these:

"Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin

"Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin (although Brody used it)

"Shook Ones" by Mobb Deep

"Bring 'em out" by T.I

I don't know there's too many to name.

There's four songs I would like as my individual entrance music.

"The Touch" by Stan Bush (Optimus Prime's theme from the original, animated Transformers movie)

"Live and Learn" by Crush 40 (from Sonic Adventure 2)

"Slither" by Velvet Revolver (Since my last name is "Waters"...and there's a line "Here comes the Water..." in the song)

"The Pretender" by Foo Fighters (for a ring name character I had by Fighter X)

And for a team theme...heelish...

"Princes of the Universe" by Queen (I could also almost see that song being good for the 4 Horsemen)

I've used Low Down and Fire It Up by Black Label Society as well as Sad But True by Metallica. When I'm picking out a theme song I usually listen to the music more than anything and think about if it would make for a good entrance.

Time to come clean and admit that, a decade ago, a few good friends and myself had a little backyard wrestling thing for fun. Since there were so few of us, we had to play multiple characters. Themes to characters that I played:

"The Message" (Nas) for Tony Zamboni, my Italian comedy wrestler.

"I'm Afraid of Americans" (David Bowie/Trent Reznor) for Union Jack Kass, my drunken anti-American Brit guy.

"El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama (Remix)" (White Zombie) for Lou Skanon, our equivalent of hardcore underdog Tommy Dreamer.

"Bogus Mayn" (Crucial Conflict) for Patient #2069. This guy was literally Eugene nearly a decade before Nick Dinsmore was saddled with the character. He was a patient in a psyche ward who was obsessed with wrestling and constantly did famous wrestler moves, catch phrases and poses. The only difference is that he wasn't retarded.

"When Will They Shoot" (Ice Cube) for the Black Lobster, a 1/8 black guy from Maine who was over-the-top militant.

"Lust for Life" (Iggy Pop) for Spartan, my smarmy main event heel.

My main efed character's been a face, or atleast a tweener for almost the whole time I've used him (4+ years), and Ive had a number of different themes.

When I turned him heel for the first time he used "Hatredy" by Dethklok as his theme, but now that he's back at being a semi-face/tweener I'm probably gonna change it to either "Black fire upon us" by Dethklok or "Terminator" by Sevendust. Black fire because its just a bad ass song and fits Adrian's still-not-quite-not-a-dick-anymore attitude, "Terminator" because its bad ass and fits Adrian's "gun references" gimmick. His nickname is the "Arizona Assassin" and his finisher's name is the "Revolver."

Other themes I've used:

"The Science of selling yourself short" by Less Than Jake - His first theme when he started out as an 18-year old rookie trying to make a name off his less-than-famous family name.

"Sureshot" and "Revolver" by Rage against the Machine - obvious fits with the gimmick, two moves are named after the songs.

"Real Solution #9" by White Zombie

"Terminate" by Fear Factory - Adrian's "finally coming into his own as a Main event bad ass face" theme.

Face: "Everything's Ruined" by Faith No More or "Instant Repeater '99" by Soundtrack Of Our Lives

Heel: "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds or "Perfect Night" by Dr. Donuts (Legato's theme from Trigun)

When I was a knock-off Rhino c2000 in the backyard, it was Jumpdafuckup by Soulfly.

I've mentioned this before: we wrestled with a guy named Kevin Sabo. His handle was Sabo-tage. Incredibly, his theme was not Sabotage by the Beasties.

My main efed character's been a face, or atleast a tweener for almost the whole time I've used him (4+ years), and Ive had a number of different themes.

When I turned him heel for the first time he used "Hatredy" by Dethklok as his theme, but now that he's back at being a semi-face/tweener I'm probably gonna change it to either "Black fire upon us" by Dethklok or "Terminator" by Sevendust. Black fire because its just a bad ass song and fits Adrian's still-not-quite-not-a-dick-anymore attitude, "Terminator" because its bad ass and fits Adrian's "gun references" gimmick. His nickname is the "Arizona Assassin" and his finisher's name is the "Revolver."

Other themes I've used:

"The Science of selling yourself short" by Less Than Jake - His first theme when he started out as an 18-year old rookie trying to make a name off his less-than-famous family name.

"Sureshot" and "Revolver" by Rage against the Machine - obvious fits with the gimmick, two moves are named after the songs.

"Terminate" by Fear Factory - Adrian's "finally coming into his own as a Main event bad ass face" theme.

AIDS?

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH? :)

Onto the show, my main e-fed guy had "5 Minutes Alone" by Pantera for AGES like for 7 years, then I've bounced around a bit and he's settled on a cover of The Rolling Stones "Street Fighting Man" by Rage Against the Machine.

I had something by Black Label Society for awhile too.

I have other e-fed gimmicks with a shitton of music, but I think I'd probably use the Rage cover if I was actually a wrestler.

I'd do a Sandman entrance only with soda instead of beer though.

I've always been partial to "Fuckin in the Bushes" so it was a pleasant surprise when I found out Nigel McGuinness uses it. "Revolution Blues" by Neil Young and "Weapon" by Matthew Good for heel themes. For a face theme "Dang!" by Buck 65 is a natural, if only because the track is sampled from the theme for the Nova Scotia indy he grew up watching.

"The Touch" by Stan Bush (Optimus Prime's theme from the original, animated Transformers movie)

"Instruments of Destruction" would have been an awesome theme for a Road Warrior's like team in the 80's.

"Instruments of Destruction" would have been an awesome theme for a Road Warrior's like team in the 80's.

Or for Demolition were they wrestling not in WWF.

Other themes I've used:

AIDS?

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH? :)

Onto the show, my main e-fed guy had "5 Minutes Alone" by Pantera for AGES like for 7 years, then I've bounced around a bit and he's settled on a cover of The Rolling Stones "Street Fighting Man" by Rage Against the Machine.

I had something by Black Label Society for awhile too.

I have other e-fed gimmicks with a shitton of music, but I think I'd probably use the Rage cover if I was actually a wrestler.

I'd do a Sandman entrance only with soda instead of beer though.

Hi Mang!

I mean uh... I was never here. >_> <_<

Reminds me of one I missed - "You're the Best Around" from "The Karate Kid" would be a great heel theme.

One of the wrestlers I used to work with use to use that song. He now uses the punk version of the Imperial March. I like the Karate Kid song more.

For me, I used Hysteria by Muse

In terms of TV theme's, I've always thought the theme from "Dynasty" would be great for a high society type heel.

Along a similar vein...and keep in mind that I don't know the song...would the theme from Dallas worked for JBL?

In terms of TV theme's, I've always thought the theme from "Dynasty" would be great for a high society type heel.

Along a similar vein...and keep in mind that I don't know the song...would the theme from Dallas worked for JBL?

JBL's theme is HEAVILY inspired by the theme from Dallas and there is a little Dynasty influence in there as well.

I'm a fucking toolbag, so I still e-fed. I've actually used, IMO, some pretty kick-ass theme music for all of the guys I've used, and I actually remember all of them too.

Cliff Young

Metallica - "The Four Horsemen"

Megadeth - "Symphony of Destruction"

Iron Maiden - "The Wicker Man"

Black Label Society - "We Live No More"

Jesse White

Guano Apes - "Open Your Eyes"

Stuck Mojo - "Rising"

Toxic Narcotic - "People Suck"

Kage White/El Tiburon

Gwar - "A Short History of the End of the World"

Corey Lazarus

Amen - "Coma America"

Shadows Fall - "The First Noble Truth"

Godhead - "The Reckoning"

Slayer - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

White Zombie - "Feed the Gods"

Metallica - "The Ecstasy of Gold"

The Crown - "Introduction: House of Hades/Crowned in Terror"

Malcolm West

Gang Starr - "1/2 & 1/2"

Dr. Dre and Ice Cube - "Natural Born Killaz"

WC and the Maad Circle f/ Ice Cube - "West Up"

Andrew Crow

White Zombie - "I, Zombie"

The Misfits - "Descending Angel"

BobB

Kid Rock - "Born 2 B a Hick"

But I have to say that, were I to have one, I'd be using Stormtroopers of Death's "March of the S.O.D.," preferably a remix to loop it over and over so I can possibly take more than a minute to get to the ring.

Guilty of e-fedding. At The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation, down the bottom. Had a couple of characters, but one main one - Toxxic, a straight-edge goth/punk type who veered between being clean-cut face and nasty, nasty heel with a raging inferiority complex, but never ever cheated (because he had to be better than you LEGALLY, due to the inferiority complex).

First face run: 'We Still Kill The Old Way' by Lostprophets.

Heel theme: 'Rookie' by Boy Sets Fire. Used partially because he won the World Title in his rookie year, and wanted to remind everyone of the fact constantly. It later became his face theme too, when he returned.

Second heel turn theme: 'The Gush' by Raging Speedhorn. By this time he'd lost a lot of his inferiority complex and was simply a swaggering arsehole who knew he was better than everyone else, and the slower beat fits that. This is an awesome song, and the one I would use personally. It's on YouTube.

Honorable mention: Toxxic led two incarnations of a heel stable called Revolution Zero. Their second theme was 'Know Your Enemy' by Rage Against The Machine.

My other main character was one-half of a Japanese tag team (TKO - The TORU KOJI Organisation), and they come out to 'Tribe' by Mad Capsule Markets. Because it's Japanese industrial-metal-stuff.

If I were a wrestler, I would say I would have to use Welcome Home by Coheed & Cambria. It has a long intro which = anticipation and could just be purely instrumental intro if handled correctly. And I think it would be a good for a face or heel.

If I were a wrestler, I would like to come out to "Comin' Agg" by Scarface, because I would most likely be a hardcore brawler/garbage wrestler and, every time I hear that song, I feel like I'm ready to fuck some shit up.

[boring TMI]

My main e-fed character started out in 2002 with "The Everlasting Gaze" by Smashing Pumpkins, then went to "Let's Get Dirty" by Redman early in 2003, then to "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" by Jay-Z, back when I was doing a (very) mild ripoff of the angle that led Sting to become Crow Sting (basically, the only real semblance is that the character is a career face, and everybody in the promotion turned on him due to a misunderstanding, so he temporarily went tweener... or something like that), back to "Let's Get Dirty." I then switched briefly to "Let's Get Retarded" by the Black Eyed Peas in mid 2004 when I was wrestling under a mask in a Yellow Dog-esque storyline, back to "Let's Get Dirty" for the next two years, I think. Then back to "Let's Get Retarded," as I essentially parodied the aforementioned Yellow Dog-esque storyline, then briefly to "Bouncin' Back" by Mystikal in late 2006, during a period in which I'd considered tweaking my character's style from high-flying to a more technical-based style; I quickly ended up dropping that, since I wasn't feeling the new direction, and went back to "Let's Get Dirty" and the lucha suicida style.

After nearly five years of constantly writing for an e-fed, without only one extended period (> thirty days) of not writing in all that time, I thought about quitting last year when my long-time tag partner suddenly bugged out, and I was starting to feel the burn myself... but since I'm divorced, and have no life outside of my son, I eventually decided to come back, foregoing a total character reset, and instead deciding to come back as an all-new character. The new character, as a super-heavyweight, is pretty much the exact opposite of my previous character, and his ring music is "Call the Ambulance" by Busta Rhymes.

[/boring TMI]

I would probably pick between the following for myself:

"Planet Hell" - Nightwish

"Elizabeth Part 3: Fall From Grace" - Kamelot

"Quietus" (Grunt Version) - Epica

"Oceans of Ruby" - Serenity

Larry Zbyszko used that during the final days of the AWA.

My song, Gimme Shelter, Rolling Stones