TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE SmackDown - December 5, 2008

Again, from F4W:

Vickie and Edge open things up.

Edge b Kung Fu Naki with a spear

Vickie & Edge announce tonight's theme is HHH & Jeff Hardyas a team have to run the gauntlet

Maria b Michelle McCool

Big backstage celebration for Maria's win. McCool attacks Maria again backstage (If everyone is celebrating, does that mean Maria won the belt, or is this a pointless Lex Luger at SummerSlam 93 celebration?)

MVP complains that his ring entrance has been pared down, bad music, no more pyro

Hurricane Helms b MVP with the shining wizard

HHH & Jeff Hardy b Hawkins & Ryder when HHH used a pedigree on Hawkins but Hardy tagged in and stole his pin

Miz & Morrison b HHH & Jeff Hardy when the team self destructed and started fighting each other while Edge and Vickie laugh about it

Matt Hardy b Chavo Guerrero via DQ when Kozlov attacked Matt and laid him out

Main event segment is Khali as Santa Claus doing the Kiss Cam, and it ends up with Khali kissing Eve, dressed as a Santa's helper

Dark match

Undertaker b Big Show in a cage match with the gogoplata

----

Hooray, Helms is finally back in the ring! Hopefully Hawkins and Ryder are associates of Edge again, they're kind of pointless otherwise.

Main event segment is Khali as Santa Claus doing the Kiss Cam, and it ends up with Khali kissing Eve, dressed as a Santa's helper

Really?

I was really shaking my head when I read that too.

Venk, have you got the wrong week?

From F4W:

Smackdown spoilers from Albany, NY for the next two weeks

Dark match

Carlito & Primo Colon b T.J. Wilson & D.H. Smith (FCW tag champs) with Natalya as manager. They are called "The Foundation."

Smackdown for 11/28

Vickie Guerrero & Edge open the show together. They are back as a couple. Security is there waiting for the Jeff Hardy attack. Jeff tries but security keeps him away.

This show is built around three Beat the Clock matches, Jeff vs. Brian Kendrick, Matt vs. Vladimir Kozlov and HHH vs. Shelton Benjamin. The winner with the fastest time faces Edge for the title at Armageddon

Jeff Hardy b Kendrick in 12:13 with a swanton

Matt annnounces that he's not going to beat Kozlov, and his goal is just to make sure Jeff gets the title shot

Maryse & Natalya & Victoria b Michelle McCool & Bella Twins. One of the twins costs McCool the match. McCool is not a happy camper

Matt Hardy kept from being beaten by Kozlov until 12:13 is over, so Matt did his job

Jesse & Festus b Miz & Morrison via DQ when Miz & Morrison illegally rang the bell to cause Festus to space out

HHH b Benjamin at exactly 12:13 with a pedigree. That means we've got a three way for the title at Armageddon

Smackdown for 12/5

Vickie and Edge open things up.

Edge b Kung Fu Naki with a spear

Vickie & Edge announce tonight's theme is HHH & Jeff Hardyas a team have to run the gauntlet

Maria b Michelle McCool

Big backstage celebration for Maria's win. McCool attacks Maria again backstage

MVP complains that his ring entrance has been pared down, bad music, no more pyro

Hurricane Helms b MVP with the shining wizard

HHH & Jeff Hardy b Hawkins & Ryder when HHH used a pedigree on Hawkins but Hardy tagged in and stole his pin

Miz & Morrison b HHH & Jeff Hardy when the team self destructed and started fighting each other while Edge and Vickie laugh about it

Matt Hardy b Chavo Guerrero via DQ when Kozlov attacked Matt and laid him out

Dark match

Undertaker b Big Show in a cage match with the gogoplata

Matt Hardy kept from being beaten by Kozlov until 12:13 is over, so Matt did his job

Franchise, does this count as a victory for Matt Hardy? Fantasy points are at stake!

Franchise, does this count as a victory for Matt Hardy? Fantasy points are at stake!

Well, he'd get speciality and match points, but when the timer runs, it would be ruled a draw, I imagine. So he doesn't get winning points, but he didn't lose the match.

I'll take a closer look once I watch SD.

Ok I'm lost. Seriously, what did MVP do backstage that has caused this massive depush? I like Helms and all.. but c'mon. MVP should be World Champ by now, IMO.

Ok I'm lost. Seriously, what did MVP do backstage that has caused this massive depush? I like Helms and all.. but c'mon. MVP should be World Champ by now, IMO.

World Champion? On what basis? He wasn't world title caliber at the time of his depush, and his depush certainly isn't convincing anyone of anything except that he is a pro at jobbing.

Yes I'm aware you're speaking of the natural progression of his character had he not gotten into the doghouse, but we'll never know now.

Earlier in the year, all the workers had to start taking their drug tests in front of supervisors because someone in a developmental territory got busted using a Whizzinator. Back in August when he was taking a drug test, MVP asked the guy supervising him, "Did you go to college?" When the guy resonded, "yes," MVP replied, "So you went to school for four years to look at people's dicks?" The supervisor reported this to Vince and MVP has been getting the 1996 HHH treatment since.

Earlier in the year, all the workers had to start taking their drug tests in front of supervisors because someone in a developmental territory got busted using a Whizzinator. Back in August when he was taking a drug test, MVP asked the guy supervising him, "Did you go to college?" When the guy resonded, "yes," MVP replied, "So you went to school for four years to look at people's dicks?" The supervisor reported this to Vince and MVP has been getting the 1996 HHH treatment since.

I still say that's funny as hell... 'You went to college for 4 years, just to look at dicks.' that's classic, but actually, if he's a doctor, then he must have gone to school for 8 years, having his PhD to look at dicks, oh, that's awesome.

It's classic? I think it was dumb, and he deserved getting into the doghouse. Not for this long though. If we wanna make fun of occupations, MVP is a grown man in tights rolling around on the canvas with another grown man in tights, while fake fighting for the affections of a crowd. See how equally dumb it is?

(what I'm getting at is MVP was needlessly heckling the people who were just doing their jobs, which certainly covers a lot more than "looking at dicks")

Or perhaps he meant it as a joke but the person he said it to didn't take it that way? Or maybe they have a chip on their shoulder? Good old TSM.. where you only get one side of the story and it MUST be right. :rolleyes:

Ok, let's run with the idea that he said it as a joke. The WWE is under the gun for the wellness issues. Do you really think they can afford to piss anyone off that could come back to fuck with them? Like, depending on the doctor's character you can either have him blackballing WWE as being hostile to testing or if he's vindictive, he could doctor results to get people in trouble. Yeah they are definitely people you wanna fuck with.

I think I've made my point with my last post. You're just grasping at straws now, dude.

What straws? Sure, it's only assumptions, but it's hardly unbelievable that it could happen. And clearly, you know what? The WWE themselves didn't appreciate the joke or the possible ramifications of it. That tells me enough.

Remember, this is ASSUMING your argument is right. I don't think it is. I do believe it was a malicious comment.

(what I'm getting at is MVP was needlessly heckling the people who were just doing their jobs, which certainly covers a lot more than "looking at dicks")

Thanks, teke.

IIRC, the wrest....Supers....Entertai....Superstar *sigh* that got busted with the Wizzinator was Manu. If anything, MVP should have taken it up with him for ruining the drug testing for everyone, rather than act like an ass to a drug tester who was just doing his job.

IIRC, the wrest....Supers....Entertai....Superstar *sigh* that got busted with the Wizzinator was Manu. If anything, MVP should have taken it up with him for ruining the drug testing for everyone, rather than act like an ass to a drug tester who was just doing his job.

Manu should have been fired, but alas he was a legacy. Sorta like Dibiase getting busted for DUI and keeping his job whereas Mikey from the Spirit Squad gets busted for DUI and is fired.

The drug policy is ridiculous now, you have to stand facing a drug tester naked from the knees up and armpits down and urinate into a cup. Manu should be the only one who should have to do it this way.

If they made MVP's entrance shit I'm gonna cry. It's a classic entrance, fits his character perefectly and is one of the classiest entrances I have seen. The music is also good.

You know, it could be worse for MVP. Honestly. At least the jobbing thing is part of a storyline, which means he's getting TV time and character progression and stuff like that, even if he's not winning. He could just be jobbing with no mention made of it. Every cloud.

I get the point of the angle, that he's supposed to have spent a bunch of money he doesn't now have. And having no pyro and no tunnel would make sense. But how would him being in debt mean he loses his theme music? Can he not scrape together the money to burn a CD with it on? Wreckless Intent must be in the bargain bins by now.

I eagerly await the bad music though. Hopefully it's not just bad, but deliberately bad, like some public domain tune that sounds like it's being played on a really shitty keyboard synthesier or something.

I also hope they rename the "VIP Lounge" the "P Lounge".

So, I guess him losing his tunnel, pyro, and music was part of the ultimatum given to him by Vickie Guerrero. It was something like, if he didn't get a win by Survivor Series, he would have to give back some of his incentives? That's kind of funny to think about, actually. It got a bit of a chuckle out of me a few weeks ago when a Hurrican Helms bubble popped up during MVP's entrance and he said something about, "MVP, what happened? You used to have a tunnel and pyro, but you don't have them anymore. JUST SAYIN'!"

Awesome.

The drug policy is ridiculous now, you have to stand facing a drug tester naked from the knees up and armpits down and urinate into a cup. Manu should be the only one who should have to do it this way.

Yes, because Manu is the only person on Earth who would ever try and cheat the system.

They should have done it like that from the beginning. Degrading as some may find it, it is the only way to be sure that the urine specimen is unquestionably genuine.

Oddly I always thought when they first made the decree that it was their excuse of seeing all the divas in the buff. Crazy me.

The testing agents who observe the divas are female.