TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

WWE Raw - December 8, 2008: The Return of the Slammys

How in the fuck?

What is your question?

How in the fuck did Jericho win that award?

I didn't know the fans didn't vote on the awards, so it makes sense.

He actually won the fan vote on wwe.com too.

I think it's because he's awesome.

He cuts an awesome promo, I'll give him that, and had an awesome feud with HBk. I guess that helps a little bit, I personally don't think he's that good in the ring (excluding the Michaels feud), but that's a conversation for another day.

Stephanie needs to be banned from talking on TV ever again if all she's going to do is speak in that horrid monotone. It's like she's channeling her mom every single time she speaks.

It's too bad these two couldn't get more time for this match as they tend to be pretty fucking good.

It's fitting that the show celebrating the best of 2008 was one of the best shows of the year. The ONLY thing I didn't like tonight was the length of the Rey-Kofi match. Everything else was good-great.

I enjoy WWE so much more when they completely ignore the brand extension.

In a way that is the point as mixed brand shows have a special feel surrounding them. If they were like that every week, they would get bland as well.

This was a big Raw tonight for me since it was the first show from Insight on the new USA HD channel. It was a bit frustrating to see SD in HD while Raw was standard for the past year, so thankfully now Raw looks equally terrific (if not better).

The matches tonight were fine and I didn't even really mind HHH/Batista being a bait and switch since it made zero sense to give that match away on free TV with no recent build. Batista losing there is curious since I'd think Orton almost needs to win at the PPV to set him up as the yearly Rumble challenger. Yet tonight Orton and Co. kinda needed the win in their first teaming.

But wow, the Slammy awards showed a shocking amount of good taste. I was quite surprised that deserving people won at almost every turn. Jericho should have won and did, Punk's MITB cash in was the OMG moment I would have picked, Beth as Diva was logical, Miz/Morrison as tag team was the only choice, Edge/Vickie as couple. It's a bit scary how heel dominated these awards were and also that I was glad that the heels won. It's weird because I've never been one of these contrarian types that cheers heels for the sake of it, but this time all of the heels are the most deserving.

Two things that didn't make TV that I know about.

1)Before Raw, there was a pretty good Dreamer/Benjamin match. Dreamer won with a surprise Jacknife pin.

2)During the commercials before the Glamarella/Finlay Family match, Santino read Beth some bad love poetry. Pretty funny

How in the fuck?

What is your question?

He cuts an awesome promo, I'll give him that, and had an awesome feud with HBk. I guess that helps a little bit, I personally don't think he's that good in the ring (excluding the Michaels feud), but that's a conversation for another day.

You are insane.

I'm glad WWE finally gave kudos to Miz and Morrison. They are the best tag team in WWE. Now put the tag belts on them.

The CM Punk acceptance speech was cool. Good to see Joey Styles.

The Kelly Kelly/Kane exchange was funny. Imagine those two as a couple!

How in the fuck?

What is your question?

You are insane.

Kinda agree with him. Almost every wrestler WWE has is pretty bland in the ring, and Jericho is no exception.

You're pretty bland in the ring.

Good show last night, I liked how they were logical with their fake award choices and used them to set-up angles and what have you. The Observer had hinted at the fact Santino wasn't allowed to win anything (losing everything is once again his act with the IC title loss) so I wasn't as taken aback as some of you were when he lost best couple and the OMG moment. When Punk was trying to get Styles to do the line again, I thought they were going to rip off a bit from the WWE.com Legacy video where Striker had to ask him what he thought of Mike Adamle's announcing to make him say it.

I may or may not be watching Armageddon at an out of town friend's house this weekend, but if I do I'm really looking forward to Punk / Rey.

I loved Candice's "acting" when Mike Knox intimidated her into handing over Bourne's Slammy. Funniest moment of the night.