TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 14

Guest Vitamin X
Whoever gets out of the NFC North is going to get destroyed in the first round.

You said it. Defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

Yays. The lions managed to lose again.

Rome has to be relieved.

and no doubt he'll express his relief via playing the same five soundbites ad nauseum

As long as he keeps away from the Maury Povich drop, it's alright.

While it sucks that Detroit couldn't upset Minnesota, I'm glad it looks like Bears will stay within a game and that the Packers are now 2 games behind Chicago and 3 behind Minnesota. If the Bears don't win the division, I don't want the Packers winning it either.

Guest Vitamin X

By the way, for those keeping track, Houston started that last drive at the fucking 3 yard line, and somehow drove 75 yards in a little over a minute for that game winning FG.

Sooo, this means the only thing we have to look forward to is possibly sweeping the Bears at Soldier Field on MNF now, right? Fuck. Good thing I didn't leave the house for this one.

I'm not upset that the Giants lost. I'm upset that they got bludgeoned by a non playoff team for the second time this year. That late cosmetic TD aside this was a complete blowout. When a blocked FG return accounts for all of your "offense" on the day, that's not a good sign.

Also I really don't want the Cowboys to make the playoffs and the Falcons blowing one against the hapless Saints gives them the chance to jump into the 6 seed with a win today. That's the only team I'm afraid of coming into Giants Stadium and piling up the points against us, especially if the defense plays as poorly as they did today.

Ok well look at the positives. I dont care that the touchdown at the end was cosmetic because Hixon dropped a sure touchdown in the first half. Philadelphia beat the Giants in almost every aspect of the game, converted all day on 3rd down and only won by 6 points. You cant expect any team to play great week in and weak out against playoff level teams. A loss today can be good motivation for the team against the Cowboys next week. The Cowboys have to go 4-0 and the Giants going 0-3 for the Cowboys to win the division.

Green Bay's not going to the playoffs. It's not even something to consider, really. I have no idea why McCarthy insists on the pass every single third down.

By the way, for those keeping track, Houston started that last drive at the fucking 3 yard line, and somehow drove 75 yards in a little over a minute for that game winning FG.

Sooo, this means the only thing we have to look forward to is possibly sweeping the Bears at Soldier Field on MNF now, right? Fuck. Good thing I didn't leave the house for this one.

Heh, if you can't beat HOUSTON at home, you stand no chance in Chicago. Guess you just have to look forward to next year.

Rome has to be relieved.

Exactly what I was about to say.

This loss all but clinches 0-16 for the Lions. Their D is gonna get ran off the field against Indy and New Orleans and Detroit hasn't won in Lambeau in about 17 years.

I bet the Lions can beat the Packers in Lambeau. It would be a fitting end to both teams seasons.

Guest Vitamin X
If the Bears don't win the division, I don't want the Packers winning it either.

I feel pretty much the same way. I'm totally okay with the 2008 NFC North Champion Minnesota Vikings. Better yet, I'd feel great if no one won this fucking division and they let some other more deserving team from the NFC South or East get in instead.

Rome has to be relieved.

Exactly what I was about to say.

This loss all but clinches 0-16 for the Lions. Their D is gonna get ran off the field against Indy and New Orleans and Detroit hasn't won in Lambeau in about 17 years.

I bet the Lions can beat the Packers in Lambeau. It would be a fitting end to both teams seasons.

I almost expect it. Probably with a game winning drive at the end of the 4th, just like seemingly every Packers loss this year.

Ok well look at the positives. I dont care that the touchdown at the end was cosmetic because Hixon dropped a sure touchdown in the first half. Philadelphia beat the Giants in almost every aspect of the game, converted all day on 3rd down and only won by 6 points. You cant expect any team to play great week in and weak out against playoff level teams. A loss today can be good motivation for the team against the Cowboys next week. The Cowboys have to go 4-0 and the Giants going 0-3 for the Cowboys to win the division.

I don't look at losses that way since I'm not a Steelers fan and don't play the woulda, shoulda, coulda game. The Giants were manhandled on both sides of the ball, and were only in the game thanks to special teams. If they'd play that game in Philly, it would almost be acceptable since you're not supposed to win divisional games on the road late in the year. If this is the kind of effort the Giants bring to January football at home, then we'll be this year's version of the '07 Cowboys. The Eagles ran over us with 8+ in the box, shredded our secondary and completely shut down our running game. That combination should be frightening to a fan of any team with championship aspirations.

Heh

No.

The Saints manage to hang on and win this one- Sean Payton has some balls for going for it on that 4th and 1 at the 7. With the Eagles win today, the playoffs still seem like a longshot, but hopefully they can keep winning.

And I don't know, I don't want Detroit going 0-16. I just feel sorry for them and their fans.

Guest Vitamin X

Look at Porter's "standing no chance in Soldier Field" post. Wasn't he the guy that, just a couple weeks ago, was yapping about how ANY GIVEN SUNDAY anyone can win? Well I guess since this is a Monday Night game, it's apparently different and the Bears are a superior team on account of that.. And, by the way.. As of right now, Chicago and Green Bay still have the exact same record against common opponents- W against Indy, split with Minnesota and at least one over Detroit, and Losses against Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee.

But yeah, the real heartbreaker will be losing to the Lions in the 16th game.

I don't look at losses that way since I'm not a Steelers fan and don't play the woulda, shoulda, coulda game. The Giants were manhandled on both sides of the ball, and were only in the game thanks to special teams. If they'd play that game in Philly, it would almost be acceptable since you're not supposed to win divisional games on the road late in the year. If this is the kind of effort the Giants bring to January football at home, then we'll be this year's version of the '07 Cowboys. The Eagles ran over us with 8+ in the box, shredded our secondary and completely shut down our running game. That combination should be frightening to a fan of any team with championship aspirations.

However it is only week 14 and the Giants only lossed by 6 with the Eagles only scoring 20 points. Today was a huge wakeup call for the Giants. Look at the Giants game last year against the Vikings late in the season. If I told you after that the Game the Giants would win the Superbowl and beat the Pats you would have had me locked up in a psych ward.

I didn't expect the Giants to go 15-1. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost another. Some times teams just have bad days.

Nobody expected the Giants to be 11-2 today. Out of their first 13 games, 10 have been against playoff caliber teams. Their last 3 games are going to be against playoff caliber teams. I am a huge diehard Giants fan and I am noticing that some are becoming spoiled and expecting wins all the time. It's funny to see so far that the Broncos are losing at home to the Chiefs while the Jets are losing to the 49'ers. I am sure Jets fans are just happy looking at the scoreboard.

The Dal/Pitt game looks like it could come down to which team's defense can score will win, or at least give them a huge advantage, as so far neither offense can really sustain a drive, rather merely get a chunk of yards here and there.

Must be some damn windy conditions.

The Dal/Pitt game looks like it could come down to which team's defense can score will win, or at least give them a huge advantage, as so far neither offense can really sustain a drive, rather merely get a chunk of yards here and there.

...and it being 9 degrees with wind chill.

Its windy all over the NE today, and doesnt bode well for the Ravens/Skins game either.

Oh, and I think Romo was down before the ball came out.

Its windy all over the NE today, and doesnt bode well for the Ravens/Skins game either.

Oh, and I think Romo was down before the ball came out.

:( That's all right, unless the Redskins can run the ball, their passing game mine as well be played in horrible conditions. :( x2

If the Bears don't win the division, I don't want the Packers winning it either.

I feel pretty much the same way. I'm totally okay with the 2008 NFC North Champion Minnesota Vikings. Better yet, I'd feel great if no one won this fucking division and they let some other more deserving team from the NFC South or East get in instead.

I dont get the complete hate for the Vikings. They did beat Carolina, beat NO in NO, dominated Indy for 90% of that game. Played the Titans close. Plus lost by 7 or less to the packers in Green Bay, the Bucs in Tampa, the bears in Chicago. Their biggest lose was by 13 to the Titans in their spot. I mean if your loses are all as quailty as the Vikings have been I dont get the complete disrespect. Im not saying the are the cream of the NFC I'm just saying they arent as bad as some of you make them out to be.