TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 14

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME NO ONE CAN WATCH (OR WANTS TO)

Oakland at San Diego

EARLY

Jacksonville at Chicago

Minnesota at Detroit

Houston at Green Bay

Cleveland at Tennessee

Cincinnati at Indianapolis

Atlanta at New Orleans

Philadelphia at NY Giants

LATE

NY Jets at San Francisco

New England at Seattle

Kansas City at Denver

Miami vs. Buffalo (at Toronto)

St. Louis at Arizona

Dallas at Pittsburgh

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Washington at Baltimore

FOOTBALL ON MONDAY NIGHT

Tampa Bay at Carolina

Predictions for the week:

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME:

Oakland at San Diego: Well, I said in the last week's thread that I am not picking the Chargers again in a major game. This however doesn't qualify as a major game. Chargers by 7.

EARLY

Jacksonville at Chicago: Wow, the Jags look done at this point. The Bears are still somewhat in the division race so they really need to win this one at home. Chicago by 10.

Minnesota at Detroit: A while back I thought this might be the week where the Lions finally got the win. However the Vikings are playing well right now so there's no way. Vikings by 14.

Houston at Green Bay: I'll be honest, I have no idea. Houston looks terrific at times and awful other times...ditto Green Bay. Still, should the Packers lose to a 5-7 team at Lambeau? Packers by 5.

Cleveland at Tennessee: With the Browns down to a 3rd stringer at QB this one should be very, very ugly. Titans by 21.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis: The Colts have weathered the storm and now are rewarded with 2 weeks of Cincy and Detroit. So what will they do? Win by 4!

Atlanta at New Orleans: Saints are tough at home but the Falcons need this win to stay in the playoff hunt. Should be an entertaining, high scoring game. ATL by 3.

Philadelphia at NY Giants: This is basically do or die for the Eagles, but the Arizona game was more of an exception than the norm for these guys. Regardless of Plaxico's antics, Giants by 7.

LATE

NY Jets at San Francisco: It wouldn't shock me if the Jets went out west and tanked here, but after last week's meltdown against Denver they should get it back on track. Jets by 8.

New England at Seattle: Seattle is still tough at home sometimes but if the Pats have any postseason hopes they need to win this one. NE by 7.

Kansas City at Denver: Chiefs somehow beat the Broncos the first time around, but there's no way it can happen twice. Right? Broncos by 9.

Miami vs. Buffalo (at Toronto): Not sure what is up with Trent Edwards this week, but the Dolphins are still contending so they need this. However, this is still Miami playing in freezing Toronto so I'll reluctantly take the Bills by 3.

St. Louis at Arizona: If the Cardinals haven't clinched yet, they will after this one. Arizona by 13.

Dallas at Pittsburgh: Game of the day by far. Steelers D is just terrific and this just seems like a game where Romo will screw it up. Steelers by 6.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Washington at Baltimore: Some are hyping this as a big game, but the Redskins are borderline done at this point. Ravens will lay the hammer down here to set up the epic rematch with the Steelers. Ravens by 10.

FOOTBALL ON MONDAY NIGHT

Tampa Bay at Carolina: Tampa crushed the Panthers the first time around and this should be a tough, physical game. That said, Carolina tends to find a way to win at home, so I'll take them by 4.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

For the rest of the season, I'm officially a minor Lions fan. Rooting both for them to lose every game or beat both Minnesota and Green Bay.

Miami vs. Buffalo (at Toronto): Not sure what is up with Trent Edwards this week, but the Dolphins are still contending so they need this. However, this is still Miami playing in freezing Toronto so I'll reluctantly take the Bills by 3.

Rogers Centre has a retractable roof, if that influences you. Besides, it's no colder than, say, Louisville.

If the Giants win (or Dallas loses) on Sunday they clinch a top 2 seed, so it'd be nice to get that out of the way ASAP.

The Ravens should win the game, but they have been pretty bad the last 2 or 3 years when they get on national TV for some reason as they have lost their last 7 primetime/nationally televised games.

This year they lost to the Steelers on MNF. Last year they lost to the Bengals, Steelers, Patriots (coughcough) and Colts in primetime though they probably played their most inspired football in that loss to NE. In 2006, they lost to Denver and the Colts in the playoffs.

Well, you can probably safely say that's more a trend of "the Ravens lose when they play really good teams" than it is "the Ravens lose when nationally televised." I think they'll win this one, as Washington sputters when Portis can't lead the way. Should be some big opportunities for Ray Rice if they're smart, as the Giants showed just the way to eat up Washington's linebackers with screens and slants out of the backfield.

It'd take a lot more than those guys getting suspended for the Lions to beat Purple Jesus and the Fightin' Frerottes. It'll definitely hurt Minnesota against real teams, though. Of the six guys who got suspended, those are the only two whose absence will make much of a difference.

The Plax thing was expected, and he's really got bigger things to worry about than football right now anyway. Any guesses as to what, if anything, will happen to Antonio Pierce?

It'd take a lot more than those guys getting suspended for the Lions to beat Purple Jesus and the Fightin' Frerottes. It'll definitely hurt Minnesota against real teams, though. Of the six guys who got suspended, those are the only two whose absence will make much of a difference.

The Plax thing was expected, and he's really got bigger things to worry about than football right now anyway. Any guesses as to what, if anything, will happen to Antonio Pierce?

Probably some jail time too.

It fucking sucks that the Giants were able to overcome retirements, locker room cancers, and injuries, but some morons going clubbing might end up breaking up the team.

if this is how the Giants dynasty begins... I say I say give me some more helpings of this. The Pats were just a bore, but this feels like the closest thing I'll have to something like the Cowboy dynasty before the internet and everyone being underneath a microscope age.

Wait, Plax took down a defensive captain and a pretty good back-up running back with him? I think I'll take a third helping.

Oakland at San Diego

All right, a totally unappealing Thursday nighter no one can watch. I can finally catch up on all those backlogged episodes of Two and a Half Men I've been meaning to get to. Jon f'n Cryer, man. Guy's a comic genius. Chargers by 6, I guess.

Jacksonville at Chicago

Both teams looked awfully shitty on national TV last week, although I get the sense that Jacksonville's problems run a little deeper than Chicago's. The Bears should win this one handily.

Minnesota at Detroit

Fuck all this talk about Detroit winning this game because the Williams Wall got suspended. Didn't anyone watch the Lions on Thanksgiving? These guys aren't beating anyone. Vikings by 20.

Houston at Green Bay

Green Bay is all but finished and Houston looked good against a bad Jacksonville team the other night. Still, it's in Green Bay and the Texans really aren't that good. Packers by 7.

Cleveland at Tennessee

Should be a beatdown of epic proportions. Cleveland is starting Ken Dorsey at quarterback? Good god. Ugly and ugly fast. Titans by 28.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis

Who the fuck knows what to expect from Indianapolis anymore? I say Addai runs for 12 yards on 20 carries, Manning goes 7-35 with one touchdown and three interceptions, and the Colts still somehow manage to win by 3.

Atlanta at New Orleans

New Orleans is dead and Atlanta is playing their best football of the year. Even though it's in the Superdome, I still have to take Atlanta.

Philadelphia at NY Giants

I don't really think this ends up being all that competitive. McNabb's rise from the ashes proves to be short-lived as he's sacked six times, throws two picks, and is benched at the start of the 4th quarter. Giants win by 24.

NY Jets at San Francisco

No reason why the Jets shouldn't get back on track against San Francisco. New York by 14.

New England at Seattle

No reason why New England shouldn't get back on track against Seattle. Hey, bet I'll get to watch this one. Pats by 17.

Kansas City at Denver

The surging Broncos run their win streak to two as they avenge an early season loss against Kansas City. Jay Cutler could help me bunches here by throwing for about 500 yards and six or seven TDs.

The Bills are imploding, while the Dolphins are fighting for a playoff spot. Kind of a long trip from Miami, but whatever. The Fins take care of business and win by 10.

St. Louis at Arizona

What a shitty game. Arizona by 20.

Dallas at Pittsburgh

Oh, I think Pittsburgh is going to crush Dallas here. Crush them. Everyone's jumping back on the Cowboys bandwagon because Romo's back and they've beaten a couple of powderpuffs, but this team is every bit as overrated as they ever were. Dallas isn't going to know what to do on that shitty Heinz Field turf. Steelers by 19.

Washington at Baltimore

Washington is kind of fading right now, while the Ravens are looking better and better each week. Baltimore by 14.

Tampa Bay at Carolina

THE GAME OF THE CENTURY. I'm really excited for this one. I don't think it'll be as easy as Tampa's home win over the Panthers earlier this year was, but I do think the Bucs will eek out a victory. Tampa's D gets a pair of TDs and the Bucs win by 9.

Oakland at San Diego - The Chargers are probably the biggest dissapointment this season, especially with all the preseason Super Bowl talk. Dallas was overhyped too, but at least they are still in it. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Raiders pull out the win here against a really uninspired Chargers team.

Jacksonville at Chicago - Talk about another dissapointment, the Jags have completely done a 180 from where they were a year ago. The Bears aren't that good either, but they should get the win here.

Minnesota at Detroit - Looks like a no-brainer on paper, but who knows...

Houston at Green Bay - If Green Bay wants any realistic shot at winning their division, they need to win this game. I think Green Bay wins this one based on the sheer fact that if they don't, they're pretty much done.

Cleveland at Tennessee - Will probably be as ugly as everyone thinks. Tennesee by a lot.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis - Indy struggled last week against the Browns, but I think they get their groove back and soundly beat the Bengals.

Atlanta at New Orleans - Atlanta is playing some really good football, but the Saints are always good at home. This game is a toss up.

Philly at New York Giants - The Eagles should have more confidence going into this game, but I still think the Giants will find a way to win.

New York Jets at San Francisco - After last week, the Jets should be pretty pissed off and will take out their frustration on the Niners.

New England at Seattle - New England should win this game, but I think that it's a closer game than a lot of people think.

Kansas City at Denver - Denver has some momentum after that win against the Jets. They should continue their winning ways and harrass KC.

Miami vs. Buffalo (at Toronto) - Miami knows that they need to keep winning, and I think they keep on winning this week as well.

St. Louis at Arizona - The Cardinals should win, but after last week, maybe people are realizing how over-rated they are.

Dallas at Pittsburgh - Game of the week for me. This is definitely Dallas' biggest challenge in a while, but given the confidence that they have now with Romo back, I think that they sneak out a win in a pretty low scoring game.

Washington at Baltimore - The Redskins had a tough loss last week against the Giants, but they're still a good team. I think the Redskins show the world how fickle NFL fans can be and get some respect back.

Tampa Bay at Carolina - Tough game to call, but while Tampa Bay has beaten respectable teams, the Panthers have pretty much just beaten up on bad teams. I'll take Tampa Bay here.

The Bills are imploding, while the Dolphins are fighting for a playoff spot. Kind of a long trip from Miami, but whatever.

Are you guys serious? Toronto's not even a two hour drive from Buffalo, and they come to Buffalo every year! The winters aren't that cold! We don't all live in igloos, and you CAN'T COME SKIING HERE IN JULY!!!

To backup on that Miami/Buffalo game, if the roof is closed then the Dolpins can find a way to win. If that game was in Buffalo I'd go with the Bills since I shy away from picking Florida teams traveling north in December.

If the roof is closed, Buffalo has a valid complaint about the game (taking one of their home elements out of a "home" game)

The roof will be closed. The interior of SkyDome was not designed for shitty weather and stuff like water drainage.

I don't think it's quite fair to say the Redskins are fading just yet, I mean their last three losses have been to the Giants, Cowboys, & Steelers, and while the Ravens defense is going to probably lay down the hammer against the Redskins garbage O-line, I don't see a rookie QB having too much good fortune against the Redskins defense either.

We could be looking at 0-0 at halftime.

Unfortunately I think the Redskins suck at primetime games far more then the Ravens do.

A Vikings fan in robes Minnesota judge blocked the suspension of the Williamses via an injunction, which means something I don't know and can't be bothered to ask my ex-legal-transcriptionist mother to find out, but apparently they'll be able to play. No word on if Texas or Louisiana judges are planning similar moves for the other 4 suspendees.

A Vikings fan in robes Minnesota judge blocked the suspension of the Williamses via an injunction, which means something I don't know and can't be bothered to ask my ex-legal-transcriptionist mother to find out, but apparently they'll be able to play. No word on if Texas or Louisiana judges are planning similar moves for the other 4 suspendees.

That's awesome. Get to it Louisiana judges

A Texas judge would likely rule to have that poor long snapper executed. He should just take his punishment like a man and steer clear of the water pills in the future.