TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Supermarket refuses to personalize birthday cake for 3 year old

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/inde...mily_angry.html

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today.

This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf's birthday.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," said Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman.

The Campbells turned down the market's offer to make a cake with enough room for them to write their own inscription and can't understand what all of the fuss is about.

Express-Times Photo | BRUCE WINTERYoung Adolf Hitler Campbell will be getting a cake from Wal-Mart this year.

"ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."

Others, such as Anti-Defamation League director Barry Morrison, applauded Shop Rite's decision.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?"

Well, as a business, they certainly have the right to refuse service...but in today's harsh economical climate, some places should probably just take all the customers they can get.

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Who puts a 3 year old's full name on a birthday cake? They're just using their children as props to start shit.

No!

What? It's perfectly acceptable to name your children those things, but there's clearly no reason to request someone's full name on a birthday cake.

If Hitler City, North Carolina hadn't changed their name to Charlotte, they'd be sunk.

Hitler Hornets would have had a good ring to it back in the nineties.

I always woundered if their was any Hitlers left who were too stuborn to change their name.

Look up Pickaway County Ohio... there was a prominent family there by the name of Hitler, and many things there are named after them. Hitler Road, Hitler Pond, Hitler Park... and so on.

Brutal. I thought there was a law in the States that prevented parents from giving their children ridiculous or inappropriate names? Or is that something that can vary by state?

If Hitler City, North Carolina hadn't changed their name to Charlotte, they'd be sunk.

Hitler Hornets would have had a good ring to it back in the nineties.

"Hitler Hornets Final Solution: Allan Bristow resigns."

If this kid's name is fucking Adolf Hitler

I think it would only make the story better if the kid's full legal name was Fucking Adolf Hitler.

If this kid's name is fucking Adolf Hitler

I think it would only make the story better if the kid's full legal name was Fucking Adolf Hitler.

That occured to me about an hour later. Awesome.

If this kid's name is fucking Adolf Hitler, a non-personalized birthday cake probably isn't going to be the biggest problem he'll face. Even at age three.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the State of Pennsylvania is going to have to pay for a lot of those problems too.

Brutal. I thought there was a law in the States that prevented parents from giving their children ridiculous or inappropriate names? Or is that something that can vary by state?

No, that would be a First Amendment violation. In Germany, you can't name your kid Hitler, and I believe New Zealand has laws against that stuff. In America you can name your kid Bloody Cunt if you want to.

Guest Smues
In America you can name your kid Bloody Cunt if you want to.

Well that's one to add to my list.

This reminds me of the "Kids in the Hall" sketch where Dave Foley plays an actress who thanks Hitler. That and "Hitler Blanks a Donkey."

If this kid's name is fucking Adolf Hitler, a non-personalized birthday cake probably isn't going to be the biggest problem he'll face. Even at age three.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the State of Pennsylvania is going to have to pay for a lot of those problems too.

We're a commonwealth, actually, not a state.

Does anyone not see that this is clearly a case of reverse racism? Call your kid Adolf Hitler and it takes away from the strength that other countries and people give the name. If anything this child should be heralded as an American hero.