TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

12 rounds trailer

Well, it certainly doesn't look like the drizzling shits. It reminded me of DIE HARD: WITH A VENGEANCE, with the whole do what I say in a certain time or else, plot.

Well, it certainly doesn't look like the drizzling shits. It reminded me of Die Hard: With a Vengance, with the whole do what I say in a certain time or else, plot.

The guy who directed 12 Rounds, Renny Harlin, directed Die Hard 2.

Well, it certainly doesn't look like the drizzling shits. It reminded me of Die Hard: With a Vengance, with the whole do what I say in a certain time or else, plot.

The guy who directed 12 Rounds, Renny Harlin, directed Die Hard 2.

Didn't he also direct Cutthroat Island as well? I think that won a couple of Rasberry awards.

Renny Harlin's capable of directing good actions movies, despite some of the flops he's had. Die Hard 2 is the weakest of the bunch, but it's still a good action film, Cliffhanger was great, and the long kiss goodnight is very underrated.

So, the movie has a competent director. Although that might not be enough to overcome the cliched storylines and one dimensional characters that come with every WWE movie, but I can't see the film being dreadful either.

Wow, that looks pretty awful.

I know Cena is a big draw for WWE, but do you not think people will watch the trailer and this it's Mark Whalberg?

Wow, that looks pretty awful.

I know Cena is a big draw for WWE, but do you not think people will watch the trailer and this it's Mark Whalberg?

If everyone thinks it's Mark Whalberg WWE might just want to go with that. The movie would probably do better.

I didn't mind The Marine all that much. Robert Patrick was awesome.

But the Austin film (The Condemed?) was pretty awful.

Patrick was fabulous in The Marine.

The Austin film, I liked the "Premiere" of it they showed a video for, with a bunch of wrestlers and fans giving thier opinions. And the entire theatre popping for Austin everytime he did somethin cool. Yeah, I got a kick outta that shit. That shit was entertainment you can't set out to create. I liked that video much better then the actual movie.

Yes, which at the time was the biggest flop in history

What replaced it?

I think it was Stealth.

From the Cutthroat Island wiki:

It is also in the Guinness Book of World Records as the biggest box office flop of all time[1] (although more recent movies such as Stealth lost more than $99 million).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutthroat_Island

Another intersting tidbit:

Michael Douglas was offered $15 million to play the lead role. When he withdrew, the same offer was made to Keanu Reeves (who was busy playing Hamlet in Canada)

The thought of Keanu Reeves playing Hamlet sounds like something out of The Critic.