TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

Kane and MMA fighter in bar brawl?

DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs (pictured above).

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.

http://ninjashoes.net/

It'll be cool to find out if this fight really happened or not. Because I would love to for the hearts of the certain type of mma fan that constantly bashes wrestling to be broken. Considering Ken Shamrock was a professional wrestler before he ever had his first professional fight, the current ufc champion is a former pro-wrestler, Dan Severn has been doing both simultaneously his entire career, and various mma guys do wrestling for big paydays.

If this did happen it's just another reason for that one type of mma fan to knock the bashing off.

I bet Kane just bought himself a one way ticket to the WWE or World Title. Vince loves his legit tough guys and he won't be able to resist giving a mega push to a guy that legit beat up a UFC guy.

Meltzer said he doubts it happened because Kane would have been in Texas the last few days and neither he nor Sylvia is the type to get into a bar fight.

I don't know much about Sylvia, but Kane seems like the type of guy that's hard to pick a fight with.

Apparently, this isn't confirmed yet, but I heard it from a (normally) reliable source:

March 17, 2009

DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs (pictured above).

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.

Hilarious if true, which I doubt.

I can't imagine Big Timmay get taken to the ground and whomped so easily but ya know... it's possible.

That's awesome if true. I love it when the fake fighters can take out the real ones. :P

I also hate MMA so I'm biased, but hey..

It'll be cool to find out if this fight really happened or not. Because I would love to for the hearts of the certain type of mma fan that constantly bashes wrestling to be broken. Considering Ken Shamrock was a professional wrestler before he ever had his first professional fight, the current ufc champion is a former pro-wrestler, Dan Severn has been doing both simultaneously his entire career, and various mma guys do wrestling for big paydays.

If this did happen it's just another reason for that one type of mma fan to knock the bashing off.

Umm, Ken Shamrock was fighting professionally YEARS before he was ever a pro wrestler.

Umm, Ken Shamrock was fighting professionally YEARS before he was ever a pro wrestler.

Wrong! Ken Shamrock made his pro wrestling debut in 1990. He didn't have his first professional fight until 1993.

That's awesome if true. I love it when the fake fighters can take out the real ones. :P

Actually the majority of MMA fans will be happy at anyone whooping Sylvia's ass.

Why do you hate MMA? I haven't been able to get into it, but I do like some fights. It's just not my thing, I've found I prefer boxing.

I doubt this is true though.

Why do you hate MMA?

And it's safe to say most MMA fans are completely fine with Kane stomping the shit out of Sylvia, most view him as an absolute disgrace to the UFC HW title.

As previously mentioned, Shamrock started Pro-Wrestling around 1990. I believe he was trained by Buzz Sawyer and at the urging of one of the Malenko brothers got into Japan to fight.

Most of my dislike for MMA stems from it being over-hyped (to very annoying levels) by pretty much anyone I know or talk to who is into it.

Most of my dislike for MMA stems from it being over-hyped (to very annoying levels) by pretty much anyone I know or talk to who is into it.

overhyped? :huh:

Its the fastest growing sport in the world, and for right reasons...it's EXCITING.

And you base what you like and dislike upon others actions? That sounds pretty ridiculous.

Damaramu V2?

As previously mentioned, Shamrock started Pro-Wrestling around 1990. I believe he was trained by Buzz Sawyer and at the urging of one of the Malenko brothers got into Japan to fight.

He went by Vince Torrelli in the Carilonas, and Ken Shamrock in one All Japan match. He started Japan MMA as Wayne Shamrock to hide that he was a phony worker.

Its the fastest growing sport in the world,

If you were going for irony, you missed out the "~!" from your hype. If you weren't going for irony, then we'll take the irony at your expense.

and for right reasons...it's EXCITING.

Good MMA is exciting, just like good wrestling is exciting. Bad MMA is not exciting. You can't just generalise MMA as "EXCITING" and leave it at that as an arguement.

I'd class myself as a casual UFC watcher and I've seen a lot of exciting fights. I've also seen, by it's shoot nature, plenty of fights that have gone a matter of seconds and fights where it's gone to the ground and stayed there with very little happening. It can be exciting. Personally, I class it at unpredictable, in both the good and the bad sense. Which is probably why I'm still a casual fan. That and the first UFC PPV I saw, the fight to hype ratio was at Russo levels with the opening rundown, the video packages, the introductions and so on. I forget what the ratio actually was, something like 8 minutes of fight in 30 minutes of PPV.

Anyway, I digress and eagerly await this turning into another MMA versus wrestling debate we've all been crying out for.

Wrong! Ken Shamrock made his pro wrestling debut in 1990. He didn't have his first professional fight until 1993.

Shamrock cage fought in non sanctioned fights all along the west coast in the late 80s as a very young guy in tiny bars and such...way before he was EVER in UWF.

He might not have fought in ufc or pancrase until 93, but he was cage fighting since before '90

Its the fastest growing sport in the world, and for right reasons...it's EXCITING.

And you base what you like and dislike upon others actions? That sounds pretty ridiculous.

I said that's where most of my dislike stems from. The rest is because I find it over-rated and actually pretty boring. I like some of the Japanese stuff but the North American stuff is meh to me. Some more of it comes from the shitton of Average fuckwad Joes who think that they should get into MMA because of that hype. People who should never step foot into a fight are trying to train in this shit and it's ridiculous, IMO.

This is just my opinion and it shouldn't matter to anyone who likes MMA, just like their opinions on why I should like it don't matter to me. I'm really just waiting for this to spin off into how I'm such a fool for not liking MMA, which is exactly the kind of reaction I get from the people I was talking about above, and only adds to my dislike for the sport.

I also hate football.

Well an unsanctioned fight as a tiny guy in a bar up and down the west coast isn't a professional fight, and I said that he was a professional wrestler before a professional fighter. But I guess a cage fight is a cage fight, so he was fighting before wrestling whether it was professional or not.