TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhangmeijie

Kane, what can he do next?

I mentioned my fantasy booking of Kane before, but I doubt re-treading it here will bring down the quality of this thread.

Kane needs a break first. Give him six months off and have him slim down a bit and grow his hair back out. Before he leaves, he could cut a promo on how he doesnt have the heart to keep up this facade anymore. He admits that he has always known he was not disfigured or burned, and that he has been shaving his hair this way for the past several years just to play a character. He doesn't have the desire for it anymore, and he's going home.

After a couple of months, a couple of wrestlers can debut. I would call them Minion and Lucipher, a tag team that cuts promos stating that they will unleash "Hell on Earth." They can say they do their master's bidding, and serve only him. Around 5 months after Kane has been gone, they say that their master is ready to come back. Rather than make cryptic promos about who their master is, they announce that it is indeed Kane. Each week, Kane's return is hyped up, and they say that it won't be the Kane that they remember, and everyone should prepare for his return.

The night has come for Kane's debut, and he is brought out to the top of the ramp on a throne carried by druids while (face wrestler) is in the ring. He has medium length hair, his goatee is back, and he is wearing a black version of the mask he had last. He is wearing a dark robe and no glove. He sits on his throne glaring at the audience and his followers as his new music plays. He cuts a promo saying that he is ready to return due to finally being able to be himself. He says that his life has been full of torment, and he lives in his own personal Hell. However, he rules that Hell with an iron fist, and he unleashes that Hell on the WWE starting tonight. By raising a hand, Minion and Lucipher rise from their kneeling positions beside his throne and make their way to the ring. They get in the ring and fight with (face wrestler), who puts up a decent fight. He turns around into a Kane uppercut, however. Kane brings him to his feet and levels him with (new finishing move). Kane's followers take (face wrestler) backstage with them.

The next week, that wrestler is re-christened as a follower of Kane (a la Undertaker's Ministry days). Kane cuts a promo and says that this may seem familiar, as his brother used to do something similar. He says that he and his brother have a lot of parallels in their wrestling careers. However, he has never won the big matches like his brother, and the one time that he lucked into the title in a First Blood match, he didn't possess it longer than 24 hours. However, his brand of Hell has him as the unquestioned ruler, and to rule in the wrestling world means you hold the championship. He will "convert" one of our beloved wrestlers one at a time until he is given his rightful shot at the title.

Kane terrorizes the roster over the next few weeks, chokeslamming wrestlers from the ring to the floor, "breaking" their arms, and injuring people right and left. Kane's "conversion" hasn't brought anyone over to his side with the exception of that first wrestler. It's been more about wreaking havoc and clearing the path for the battle with the champ. The champ says he will fight Kane for the belt if it means he will stop the destruction. They have the match and Kane wins convincingly after proving to be much faster and more mobile than he was before, yet still being able to overpower his foe. He dominates toward the end of the match and hits his finisher for the win and the title. He holds the belt for several months while having a dominate reign and destroying everyone in his path. Undertaker has not crossed his brother's path during this time, but finally comes out when Kane is about to have another wrestler set on fire. Undertaker says he is the man that can end Kane's rule over his own personal Hell. Kane says that this was what he wanted all along. He wanted to come back and be not only as good as his brother, but better than his brother ever had been. He wants their fate decided by one final encounter, where the loser is gone from wrestling forever: Hell in a Cell retirement match.

Personally, I would have Kane lose the match and be banished by Undertaker. At the next Wrestlemania, Taker finally loses and is getting beat down after the match just to cement even further the rub that the wrestler who ended his streak will get. Kane comes out for the save, he and Undertaker hug, and Taker announces that he is retiring from wrestling now that his streak has ended. Paul Bearer comes out with the urn, the lights go out, and when they come back, Kane and Taker are both gone.

This is some good stuff right here. Personally, I'd tweak it a bit maybe, not quite sure what, but I think you've got a decent idea going here if executed properly.

Not to knock any of the above, but why does everybody suggest Kane should get the mask back? The guy has the best facial expressions in the company at the moment. Why cover that up? It'd be a backwards step.

Not to knock any of the above, but why does everybody suggest Kane should get the mask back? The guy has the best facial expressions in the company at the moment. Why cover that up? It'd be a backwards step.

I never suggested that, and for the people who did I don't think it would work.

Well, originally I said he should wear it tot he ring and take it off to wrestle. It would have been the equivalent of a robe. For that little bit of fantasy booking back there, I just thought it would be a cool look for him. I do like to think that it would be a good way to finish his career to have the mask back on. Think of it as a retiring star going back to his old team just so he can retire in that jersey. The character of Kane needing the mask to feel normal is interesting to me. I thought that was where they were going before revealing he had Rey's mask in the bag.

Kane needs a break first. Give him six months off and have him slim down a bit and grow his hair back out. Before he leaves, he could cut a promo on how he doesn't have the heart to keep up this facade anymore. He admits that he has always known he was not disfigured or burned, and that he has been shaving his hair this way for the past several years just to play a character. He doesn't have the desire for it anymore, and he's going home.

The night has come for Kane's debut, and he is brought out to the top of the ramp on a throne carried by druids while (face wrestler) is in the ring. He has medium length hair, his goatee is back, and he is wearing a black version of the mask he had last. He is wearing a dark robe and no glove. He sits on his throne glaring at the audience and his followers as his new music plays. He cuts a promo saying that he is ready to return due to finally being able to be himself. He says that his life has been full of torment, and he lives in his own personal Hell. However, he rules that Hell with an iron fist, and he unleashes that Hell on the WWE starting tonight. By raising a hand, Minion and Lucipher rise from their kneeling positions beside his throne and make their way to the ring. They get in the ring and fight with (face wrestler), who puts up a decent fight. He turns around into a Kane uppercut, however. Kane brings him to his feet and levels him with (new finishing move). Kane's followers take (face wrestler) backstage with them.

The next week, that wrestler is re-christened as a follower of Kane (a la Undertaker's Ministry days). Kane cuts a promo and says that this may seem familiar, as his brother used to do something similar. He says that he and his brother have a lot of parallels in their wrestling careers. However, he has never won the big matches like his brother, and the one time that he lucked into the title in a First Blood match, he didn't possess it longer than 24 hours. However, his brand of Hell has him as the unquestioned ruler, and to rule in the wrestling world means you hold the championship. He will "convert" one of our beloved wrestlers one at a time until he is given his rightful shot at the title.

Personally, I would have Kane lose the match and be banished by Undertaker. At the next Wrestlemania, Taker finally loses and is getting beat down after the match just to cement even further the rub that the wrestler who ended his streak will get. Kane comes out for the save, he and Undertaker hug, and Taker announces that he is retiring from wrestling now that his streak has ended. Paul Bearer comes out with the urn, the lights go out, and when they come back, Kane and Taker are both gone.

It starts with Kane essentially breaking kayfabe by admitting he was playing a character, to let us know the Kane character is fake, but then returns as an even weird character the he wants us to believe is really him? And then he goes back into kayfabe by referring to the Undertaker as his brother? And the idea presented for Undertaker's farewell? Thankfully, this will stay a fantasy. Unless Russo reads the boards, because this thing would appeal to him greatly.

A simple "no" would have done.

In all seriousness, it's impossible to stay true to Kane's convoluted continuity. His history as a character has so many inconsistencies and twists that one of the only things that makes sense is his admission that he towed the company line to be more marketable. It is no longer breaking kayfabe to acknowledge using a stage name, unless you believe in your heart that Undertaker is really what that character was given as a name at birth.

I'm not pretending this is the best idea on the planet, nor am I trying to win a job writing wrestling shows. However, what I wrote can reasonably be explained. "Kane" works for WWE, just like every other wrestler, and is marketed how the company thinks he will be the most profitable to them. His reluctance to follow what he feels is a lame direction for his character and walking away from wrestling instead does not mean that he is not Undertaker's brother. His return can be viewed one of two ways: 1) the guy that plays "Kane" really is a weird guy that acts as a leader of a cult-like group (there are tons of people who lead fantasy lives like this) or 2) the guy that plays the character of "Kane" finally returns to WWE because he agrees with the company on how he should be marketed and likes this new character. Again, at no point did I say he was not Undertaker's brother all along, wait yes he was.

It's convoluted, sure. Does it make the most sense? Probably not. Is it better than the stale crap he is doing right now? Maybe. Either way, it's a fantasy booking idea on a wrestling forum. Next time, I'll do something that would be able to stand side by side with "Guest Booker with HTQ."

Kane has been in the WWE for a long time and the worse thing that WWE can do at this point is change his gimmick or do anything drastic. Kane is in a position where people buy him as a midcard and as a main eventer. Not a lot of wrestlers have that luxury and not a lot of fans will buy other wrestlers doing that.

Kane has been in the WWE for a long time and the worse thing that WWE can do at this point is change his gimmick or do anything drastic. Kane is in a position where people buy him as a midcard and as a main eventer. Not a lot of wrestlers have that luxury and not a lot of fans will buy other wrestlers doing that.

That is just the point, do people still buy into his role? I am seeing more audience aphaty to his role with every passing month. Sure he stayed over a long time, somehow, but It won't last forever.

He's a defacto face due to the length of time he's been with the company, he's the Undertaker's 'Brother' and an alleged bad ass. He tries his best to get heel heat, but as soon as he's against someone who isn't as over as he is they cheer him. He was still getting half cheered during the Rey Feud, so I think he's stuck in limbo.

If they were ever to be serious about giving Kane a world title feud, I'd say first, get Orton the title at Mania and Kane the Money in the Bank contract.

Kane cashes in, Legacy screws him out of the win.

Orton keeps putting obsticals in front of Kane to keep him from getting a rematch for the title, Kane keeps going through them...either by normal ways or sadistic ways.

Finally, Kane gets Orton in a match where Legacy can't get involved, wins the title.

Is this a gimmick account?

Is this a rhetorical question?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

So what if he does?

Did I say it was a problem?

Am I a mind reader?

Is there a point to this?

Why do you ask?

You aren't enjoying it?

Should I be laughing at this?

I like the Kane scenario in the above posts. Look to certain extent people know Kane is playing a character because his story has change so much. If the company ever decided to push him, he could draw but he'll probably be stuck in the midcard till he decides to retire.

My alternate booking for him would be for him to leave for awhile and then come back on a motorcycle with trench coat as Kid Rock playing is background. It worked for the Undertaker.

Just have a diva try to find Kane's soft side. Take him to get a make-over. He can start wrestling in nice sweaters and slacks, sipping hot chocolate during interviews and laughing.

Give me happy Kane.

He was much better off on Smackdown/ECW rather than Raw. For some reason, they seem to gimmick the hell out of him whenever he is on that show. The booking of the Kane vs. Rey feud was just garbage, and totally overshadowed some legitimately good matches they had together (particularly No Mercy).

I mentioned my fantasy booking of Kane before, but I doubt re-treading it here will bring down the quality of this thread.

Kane needs a break first. Give him six months off and have him slim down a bit and grow his hair back out. Before he leaves, he could cut a promo on how he doesnt have the heart to keep up this facade anymore. He admits that he has always known he was not disfigured or burned, and that he has been shaving his hair this way for the past several years just to play a character. He doesn't have the desire for it anymore, and he's going home.

Vince Russo is that you?

Where's kanerulesfan when you need him? He'd straighten this out!

Don't see that name in the member list. Just Kanerules. But (s)he last posted 3rd December 2005 - 07:07 PM

I'm pretty sure he's in this limbo because he wants to retire soon. Vince has wanted to give him the World or WWE title a few times the last 2 or 3 years, but he's turned it down saying that they should try to establish someone new as a star who would need the title.

HOF some day for Kane? Considering Koko B Ware, he should be a layup

I am sure someday yes. Not when he is an active worker though. Also I see undertaker first, or both same night maybe.

If Koko B. Ware is HOF-worthy, than so is a majority of any semi-popular midcarder from the last ten years. Seriously, I can't wait to see The Godfather, Goldust, Eugene, Val Venis, Rikishi, and others get inducted.

If Koko B. Ware is HOF-worthy, than so is a majority of any semi-popular midcarder from the last ten years. Seriously, I can't wait to see The Godfather, Goldust, Eugene, Val Venis, Rikishi, and others get inducted.

Nah only 80's midcarders are allowed.