TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

Tom Prichard Fired by WWE

"Dr. Tom Prichard has been released by WWE. I believe it happened today and it came about very suddenly. No reason has been announced at this time. The word making its way around Titan Towers today was that Tommy Dreamer has taken over his responsibilities with WWE, including in the WWE developmental program. Dreamer was sent to OVW earlier this week and announced to the workers that he was there to observe the developmental process. As it turns out, he was actually there to prepare for his new responsibilities, whether he knew it or not. From what OVW workers told us, Dreamer was not under the impression that he was at OVW for any other reason that to observe the process, which would lead me to believe he had no idea the real reason he was there."

Credit: PWI

I wonder what Bruce thinks? Glad to see Tommy get promoted.

Guest Staravenger

They should've fired Bruce Prichards stupid ass too. He's the guy that wanted to get rid of the Cruiserweight division was he?

Guest Staravenger

Prichard has been around for nearly 12 years himself, which is probably why everyone is surprised about his firing.

Holy shit, that's a shock.

Awesome that Tommy got a promotion, though. He deserves it. Seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Guest Staravenger

They screwed Bret and kept Owen...mainly because they wouldn't let him leave, but they kept him.

Owen was this close to being fired in 93, but Bret saved his job and got him a push.

Lanny Poffo was fired while Savage was still with the company.

I'm sure there are other examples, can't think of any more

Guest Staravenger
Jeff was on drugs. Matt wasn't.

He has to be on some mind altering drug to sleep with Lita every night.

What did Tom do and what did Bruce do? Which one of them was Brother Love?

Bruce was Brother Love/Reo Rogers. He was also an announcer briefly in the mid/late 80s (pre Brother Love), doing some house shows at MSG. He is known for doing GREAT impressions of other wrestlers (Piper most famously, also Dusty Rhodes, Stu Hart) He started doing exclusively backstage stuff in late 90/early 91 when Brother love was killed off by Ultimate Warrior. He briefly became Reo Rogers (cowboy, hick heel) in 94, but that lasted literally like 4-5 weeks. Brother Love returned briefly in 95-96, to add heat to programs, most notibly Bret /Backlund. Steve Austin made his debut on the Brother Love show in Jan. 96. In later years he has produced vignettes along with Stephanie McMahon/Paul Heyman/Gerwirtz/Vince. He became head SD writer in FEB 2003 when Heyman was fired.

It's good that Tommy got the promotion and I'm happy for him. I can't say I'm sad that the WWE got rid of some of the dead wood they had laying around.

Jeff was on drugs. Matt wasn't.

He has to be on some mind altering drug to sleep with Lita every night.

Never underestimate the appeal of a chick with a tongue piercing...

Guest wrestlingbs

Good to see Dreamer get his due. Was Tom the one that destroyed the CW division? If so this is a VERY good move.

Pritchard being in charge of the developmental territories is probably one of the biggest reason why we're seeing a bunch of Matt Morgans, Mordecais, Tyson Tomkos, and other generic big guys getting brought up from OVW before they're ready. Pritchard is a very old-school Memphis and Mid-South kind of guy, so he doesn't have much use for many of the smaller talents today like a Rey Misterio.

Dreamer's time in OVW proved he has a decent knowledge of how to develop talent, as he Paul E's lieutenant after Raven left and was a big part in Steve Corino, Nova, and others becoming big names in ECW.

Guest CronoT

If the guys he trains are half as good as him, we'll be getting some quality talent soon. It's never really good to be glad that someone got fired, but dead weight is dead weight.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

With Candito still doing his thang, I was hoping Dr. Tom would bring back ZIP!!!

I wonder if this is to protect WWE from a lawsuit, after Pritchard made an ass out of himself criticizing Bobbi Billiard, saying she was not hurt when she needed neck fusion. Jackie was also released after a long tenure, suspiciously right after this incident became public. Are you paying attention Ivory?

Guest Trivia247

I guess now ol Tommy can try to Dig up Jimmy Del Ray and restart the heavenly bodies in TNA trash talk McMahon for his debut then get squashed by Triple X or AMW until They finally disappear after Tommy boy faces Jeff Jarrett and gets squashed rather Austin like.