TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Huge ammounts of police swarming "Neverland"...

Notice how my obsession for one Mr. Rose has led me to be totally oblivious to that fact? I can see it now, but only because you've pointed it out.

He needs to do something about that hair he's sporting these days though.

UYI

from MTV.com

Less than 24 hourts after authorities in San Bernadino County searched Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, a warrant has been issued for the pop star's arrest on suspicion of child molestation, according to Court TV.

Jackson is wanted in connection with multiple claims of molestation made by a 12-year-old Los Angeles boy, according to Court TV.

Police executed a search warrant on Jackson's Neverland Ranch in central California on Tuesday (November 18) morning in response to the boy's claims (see "New Allegations Spark Search Of Jackson's Neverland Ranch").

Jackson was not at his ranch at the time, but was in Las Vegas shooting footage for an upcoming CBS special.

The reclusive pop star, whose greatest hits collection hit stores on Tuesday, issued a statement noting, "These characters always seem to surface with a dreadful allegation just as another project, an album, a video, is being released."

This is not the star's first time facing such allegations. A decade ago, Jackson faced a similar investigation amid allegations that he molested a then 12-year-old boy. Jackson denied any wrongdoing and settled the case out of court. No charges were ever filed.

"We've seen this before; our response is 'Here we go again;'" Jackson family attorney Brian Oxman told NBC News. "Michael has 24-hour-a-day supervision with him for the specific reason to protect him from these claims."

Arrest warrant? Hasta la vista Mikey.

I cant see that happening. If Mike was going to kill himself, he'd of done it by now.

Besides, his family is VERY tradtional in their beliefs, and I have no doubt that MJ would strongly disagree with suicide as it is seen as a one way ticket to eternal damnation, or whatever you wacky Christians are calling Hell these days.

Things could get very ,very ugly.

UYI

Axl's had plastic surgery!?

And as for MJ, you're only as sick as the world makes you.

UYI

so does that mean Charles Manson is only sick because the world makes him that way?

Besides, his family is VERY tradtional in their beliefs, and I have no doubt that MJ would strongly disagree with suicide as it is seen as a one way ticket to eternal damnation, or whatever you wacky Christians are calling Hell these days.

Well, I mean if the guy is guilty of child molestation, I think he may have strayed from that whole "traditional values" thing.

I cant see that happening. If Mike was going to kill himself, he'd of done it by now.

No he wouldn't have, he's a sick man, but so far he's been a free man, getting away with whatever he wanted for years and years.

If he's convicted and he goes to prison, he'll be totally out of his element. He will not know what to do in there, he will not be able to survive.

Once someone with Jackson's problems is put into prison, their mindset on life can change greatly, and suicide would not surprise me at all.

Well, I mean if the guy is guilty of child molestation, I think he may have strayed from that whole "traditional values" thing.

Traditional in their beliefs? His dad beat the hell out of all of them how many times?

Traditional in their beliefs? His dad beat the hell out of all of them how many times?

Yeah I think so.

Isn't that traditional though? Joseph Jackson strongly believed that you must have total respect for your parents and that there were consequences for those in his family that didn't. Maybe 'traditional' isn't the word I'm looking for, but the way their family was structured was certainly old fashioned.

UYI

Jackson faces charges of lewd contact with child

Bail set at $3 million; singer directed to surrender

Wednesday, November 19, 2003 Posted: 6:42 PM EST (2342 GMT)

SANTA BARBARA, California (CNN) -- Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for Michael Jackson on multiple counts of child molestation and have directed him to surrender and turn in his passport, Santa Barbara County authorities said Wednesday.

Jackson is expected to turn himself in to authorities in Santa Barbara late Thursday morning, a knowledgeable source told CNN.

District Attorney Tom Sneddon said Jackson faces multiple counts of lewd or lascivious contact with a child younger than 14.

Jackson could face a minimum of three years and a maximum of eight years in prison on each count if convicted.

Authorities said bail on the warrant was set at $3 million. A judge has ordered affidavits in the case sealed for 45 days.

"We would encourage him to turn himself in and cooperate with law enforcement," said Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson.

Sneddon said his message for Jackson is: "Get over here and get checked in."

Jackson's spokesman, Stuart Backerman, released a statement saying arrangements have been made with the district attorney for Jackson "to return to Santa Barbara to immediately confront and prove these charges unfounded."

He promised the allegations will be proved false in court.

"Michael would never harm a child in any way," he said. "When the evidence is presented and the allegations proven to be malicious and wholly unfounded, Michael will be able to put this nightmare behind him."

Sneddon said child molestation charges will be filed soon. No civil suit has been filed in the case and none is expected, he said.

"We have a cooperative victim in this particular proceeding," Sneddon said. Authorities asked other possible victims to come forward.

CBS announced Wednesday that "given the gravity of the charges" against Jackson it was postponing a special program on him scheduled for November 26.

The allegations come almost a decade after Jackson settled a lawsuit filed on behalf of a boy who slept over at Neverland Ranch when he was 13 and accused Jackson of molesting him.

Criminal investigators stopped pursuing their case after the lawsuit was settled and the boy -- by then 14 -- made clear he did not want to participate in any prosecution of the singer.

The law has since been changed to allow prosecutors to force an alleged molestation victim to testify against a defendant.

Sneddon said he did not know whether the parents of the accuser were aware of the past allegations.

Dozens of law enforcement officers searched Jackson's Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara for about 13 hours Tuesday, and search warrants were served on two other locations in Southern California where some property was seized, authorities said.

Jackson's mansion is on a 2,600-acre estate about 50 miles (80 kilometers) northwest of Santa Barbara and features amusement park rides, a petting zoo and statues of children.

Backerman said the tone of the authorities' news conference was disturbing.

"We are disturbed by the levity of the environment surrounding the announcement of these very serious charges," he said.

Backerman said the singer has been in Las Vegas, Nevada, for the past two-and-a-half weeks, shooting a video for the song "One More Chance." That single is on his "Number Ones" album, a greatest-hits collection released Tuesday by Epic Records.

Questions have been raised about whether the execution of the search warrants was timed to coincide with the music release.

Sneddon rejected that idea. "In fact, we were going to execute these warrants several weeks ago, but had to put it off" for operational reasons, he said.

"It really has nothing to do with his album or whatever else he's doing in his life."

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said Santa Barbara police have not asked permission to arrest Jackson in Las Vegas, which they would do if they wanted to arrest him immediately rather than allowing him to return to Santa Barbara and turn himself in.

Attorney Mark Geragos -- who has been representing Scott Peterson in a high-profile California trial -- will be Jackson's lead attorney, Backerman said.

Brian Oxman, an attorney for the Jackson family, told CNN he believes the investigation stems from someone else seeking financial gain from Jackson.

"It is a case of excitement and hysteria because we have the same accusations that we had 10 years ago," he said. "It's like playing the playoffs all over again."

Terms of the settlement of the lawsuit -- filed in 1993 and settled the next year -- were confidential, though the boy's attorney said at the time the boy and his family were happy to resolve the matter.

Johnnie Cochran, Jackson's attorney in that case, said at the time that Jackson maintained his innocence and that the settlement was in no way an admission of guilt.

CNN's Frank Buckley, Charles Feldman and Stan Wilson contributed to this report.

-------

What jury WOULDN'T convict Michael Jackson?

Ick. This is bad.

UYI

Jackson should pull a Roman Polanski.

I'm hoping these allegations are false though

Jackson doesn't have the career to pull off a Polanski, or at least not these days. His last big hit was Bad and things have been going downhill FAST ever since Dangerous, where the weird shit in the video to Black and White set off all this stuff because of his questionable decisions (the post-video destruction of the car / crotchgrabbing session, etc.)

In addition to this, he's in debt to his eyeballs to Sony and California wants millions is back taxes on Neverland.

I'd say he's likely to replace Robert Downey Jr. as the penis pinata at San Quentin or Folsom, guilty or not, because he comes off as a total nutbag.

UYI

The same jury that wouldn't convict Robert Durst, despite the fact that the guy says "Yes, I killed him and then chopped him up into little pieces later."

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. OJ didn't get convicted. Durst didn't get convicted. And there's a possibility Jackson wouldn't get convicted either if this went to court. It remains to be seen.

UYI

The same jury that wouldn't convict Robert Durst, despite the fact that the guy says "Yes, I killed him and then chopped him up into little pieces later."

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. OJ didn't get convicted. Durst didn't get convicted. And there's a possibility Jackson wouldn't get convicted either if this went to court. It remains to be seen.

I stand corrected.

Jackson doesn't have the career to pull off a Polanski, or at least not these days. His last big hit was Bad and things have been going downhill FAST ever since Dangerous, where the weird shit in the video to Black and White set off all this stuff because of his questionable decisions (the post-video destruction of the car / crotchgrabbing session, etc.)

The car-smashing portion of the video, 'Black or White', is meant to portray Michael Jackson overcoming and dominating racial slurrs, media scandals and the lies of people out to make money off his name. It's symbolic of that, and I don't see what is so controversial about it.

UYI

The car-smashing portion of the video, 'Black or White', is meant to portray Michael Jackson overcoming and dominating racial slurrs, media scandals and the lies of people out to make money off his name. It's symbolic of that, and I don't see what is so controversial about it.

UYI

The part that was really questionable was the crotch grabbing. I lumped the car bit in there because it was superfluous to the video to begin with and then, once the crotch grabbing backlash started, he cut the whole sequence from future airings of the video instead of just cutting out the crotch grabbing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all alleged, so take it for what it's worth:

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

By Roger Friedman

FoxNews.com

Jacko Accuser: 'Wine and Sleeping Pills'

The 12-year-old boy at the center of the Michael Jackson child molestation scandal may have confessed to his psychiatrist that the pop singer plied him with wine and sleeping pills when he allegedly molested him, according to sources.

The boy has also hired Los Angeles attorney Larry Feldman, the same lawyer who represented the family of a 13-year-old boy who made similar allegations a decade ago, the sources said.

Also, according to my source, Jackson — knowing some months ago that the boy and his family had serious complaints about his relationship with them — tried to get rid of them.

“He bought them passports and planned to ship them off to somewhere in South America,” a friend of the boy’s family (a mother and siblings) told me. In fact, says this source, Jackson kept the family at Neverland for a period of time, hoping to convince them to drop their allegations by lavishing them with entertainment and further merriment.

Calls to Feldman and to the family’s other attorney were not returned.

According to sources, the boy who made the allegations was a cancer patient whose "last wish" was to meet Jackson at a time that his friends and family feared his illness was worsening.

Jackson paid the family’s medical bills and assisted them financially, even buying them a car and, according to sources, possibly a new house. When the boy’s condition improved, according to a family friend, Jackson brought him to his Neverland Valley Ranch. That is when the alleged inappropriate contact between them is thought to have occurred.

At some point last spring, the boy's schoolmates — apparently aware of his relationship with Jackson — began taunting him in public. In one case, an incident of harassment is said to have occurred at a gas station, prompting the boy’s mother to seek legal advice. The lawyer she met with advised sending the boy to a psychologist. According to my source, the psychologist had enough concerns to report his conversation to the police.

That would jibe with the idea proposed by the police and others that the family is not seeking civil damages at this time or anticipating a cash settlement similar to the one that happened 10 years ago.

Sadly, according to my source, the health condition of the boy involved is still in jeopardy — a situation that should add to the melodrama of an already shocking and headline-making story.

It's nice to see the same two posters who keep coming in and filling up the thread with useless three word posts. Sure, UYI is being a Jackson apologist, but we have another thread for post whoring.

I don't believe the story above, not so much because it comes from Fox News but more because... I mean, wine? Seriously, come on now. There's how many kids going there a year? And how often does this kind of thing make the news? Exactly.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't let my kid around the guy if I had one, but that's more because of the shrouds and the baby-dangling and the other signs of generally being inept (what do you mean I lost my kids in the zoo mob?) or not paying attention to anything going on around him. Well, that and my fictional kid would hate me when I can't buy him a whole toy store for his birthday.

But I really doubt he's beating them up or sucking them off behind the scenes or anything. And for those going on about the guy's popularity wane, have you seen his international appeal? I'm suprised he hasn't started selling off pieces of the Ranch and moved to Europe or something by now.

It's nice to see the same two posters who keep coming in and filling up the thread with useless three word posts. Sure, UYI is being a Jackson apologist, but we have another thread for post whoring.

You're not talking about me, right?

The second he is proven guilty is the second I admit I was wrong about him. It's not so much that this is Michael Jackson, just that people instantly leap to the conclusion that he's guilty, and that angers me to no end.

Just because someone is different doesn't exactly make them Jack the Ripper and while I do not agree with Jackson's choice to allow children to sleep over (whom are all there via parental permission, as mentioned earlier), I refuse to make any allegation until there is concrete evidence that proves he is doing something illegal.

And JAxl, I believe JOTW was referring to our conversation earlier in the thread where we became slightly off-topic.

UYI

And JAxl, I believe JOTW was referring to our conversation earlier in the thread where we became slightly off-topic.

UYI

Alright, because all I have mostly done is paste news reports on the topic here, or offer my opinion. I don't see, as a guy with less then 1000 posts, how I could be a post whore anyways.