TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

American Idol 3

Just a quickie, American Idol starts this friday in the uk, so are we behind this year, or the same week?

I'm going to watch the first few episodes just to see Simon bash people.

After that, I could care less about these clowns singing old songs.

God, it must be bad to be told by Paula Abdul that you can't sing.

If only someone had told Paula that years ago.

Is Clay still off somewhere crying? That kid makes Dick Vermeil look like a tough guy.

Ya know I wouldn't have so much hate for this show, if so many fools weren't actually duped into buying these people's albums after the show ends. Talk about sheep.

Same here. The best part of the show is the early episodes, where the people who have no chance in hell of winning try out. It's funny, especially the ones who seem to WANT to be bash by Simon so that they can be on t.v. and get their 15 seconds of fame.

I dont think its going to help 24's ratings since I heard it was going to be on Mondays this year, but I dont know for sure. All I know is Im not going to watch it.

I'm actually kind of glad that 24 is getting a "break", since I get to watch SOME of Keen Eddie on Bravo...

...and yep, this is the part where you WANT to watch American Idol. Hate on it all you want, but remember, Simon is doing us a favour by telling millions of wannabes that they're not nearly as good as they thought they were.

Guest Ghettoman

Sweet jesus, how could some of these people ever get the notion that they sound anything remotely near enjoyable!?!

And am I the only one who didn't think that army chick was that bad at all?

No, I'd agree. She sang ok as well.

And God bless those two Eastern Europeans for trying, but they were sooooo bad that I think that any one of us could sing better.

Skat Girl: All I have is God on my side

Simon: Well God took the day off.

Funniest line he has ever said.

I think she just ensured that scat won't be making a comeback...

Why do people get so hooked on this show? Seriously, it sucked more than 'Daddy Day Care'.

....And the show after it is worse. Ugh. I'd rather watch Lizzie Mcguire the whole day.

I didn't think she was bad -- I thought she was better than that one chick whose family "defected" to the U.S. by singing.

First time I've ever watched this show. Nice to see idiots get their dreams smashed right before their eyes...

Why do people get so hooked on this show? Seriously, it sucked more than 'Daddy Day Care'.

....And the show after it is worse. Ugh. I'd rather watch Lizzie Mcguire the whole day.

Yuna, you watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, you can't talk.

1. Klingons + American Idol = Ratings - I smell a new SPIKE TV original reality series.

2. SCOOTER GIRL! YEAH! It's great how she has a "sense of humour" while all the other people who goof around are just pathetic. Must be the boobies. Anyways, SCOOTER GIRL still rules.

3. "Well, he took the day off" got a "HA!" followed by quieter "ha's" - fucking hilarious and mean and hilarious.

4. I don't really remember too much 'cept for the Dean Martin guy (who was good) and the opening army chick who sucked at everything.

Scooter Girl and the Dean Martin dude are my picks.

Hell yeah. They rock. Scooter Girl is very funny in a cheesy way and the Dean Martin guy first scored points for doing a great impersonation, and then scored more points by proving that he's a damn good singer to boot. Here's hoping they go far.

The Army chick was good enough, and I'm surprised they grounded her so badly.

Oh, and Yuna? Pot. Kettle. Black. British Guys Mocking Singing Ability > Gay Guys Mocking Fashion Sense.

(For the record, this is my first ever ep of Idol that I watched, but Scooter Girl and Dean Martin guy could keep me tuning in.)