TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

GI Joe: The Movie was awful. I've read that several people on the project were wincing as they went in, but the PTB went ahead with the "Cobra La" angle. The only thing worse than the movie was the DIC animated series. I never saw GI Joe Extreme (Sgt. Savage), so I can't comment.

The Intro to the GI JOE Movie, at least the US intro, kicks all levels of ass! But the rest of it, is MST3K material, Except Sgt. Slaughter's scenes... "This is for Duke!" :lol:

GI JOE extreme is bad but it supposedly fits into the Sunbow/DiC Continuitity.

The Intro to the GI JOE Movie, at least the US intro, kicks all levels of ass!

HELL YEAH!

oh and if you guys want garbage, check out GI Joe: Sigma 6...it's horrible!

to answer Dama, Cobra Commander was a scientist within the Cobra La world and one of his experiments blew up in his face, heavily scarring him. He turned to a life of terrorism for whatever reasons and left Cobra La and his life there behind to form Cobra.

GI JOE extreme is bad but it supposedly fits into the Sunbow/DiC Continuitity.

That continuity -- according to most GI Joe fans -- is trumped by the Marvel comics. Larry Hama recently said in an interview that Cobra La doesn't count. Don't even think about DIC. I would suggest to anyone to pick up the collected editions of the old Marvel comic.

Speaking of GI Joe and Hama, there is currently a prequel miniseries coming out written by him. I got the first issue (with a retro Snake-Eyes action figure art cover!) It is excellent stuff.

Upon viewing the teaser a few minutes ago, I can definately guess that it was not an autobot in a trailer. I know it's just a silhouette, but my best guess is that it's either Starscream or Megatron.

It was kind of silly how the Decepticons could fly while the Autobots couldn't.

what was sillier is that there were a few episodes where the Autobots DID fly and then suddenly, one day, they couldn't.

Honestly, giving them all the ability to fly, unassisted, kind of defeats the purpose of their transformations...why would Starscream need to tranform to jet mode if he can just fly in robot mode? (other than more speed, I suppose)

I never got into the Marvel stuff but I did enjoy the first run of Devil's Due stuff.

Dude, the Marvel series was damn near entirely written by Larry Hama, the dude who created The Real American Hero version of G.I.Joe. He created the entire original 12 Joes. He created Cobra Commander, Destro, The Baroness, The Dreadnoks, and TONS of other shit in the book that eventually showed up on the cartoons and/or in the toy line.

The Devil's due series just picks up where Hama left off, and they even got him to come in and write for them.

Go here

I never got into the Marvel stuff but I did enjoy the first run of Devil's Due stuff.

Dude, the Marvel series was damn near entirely written by Larry Hama, the dude who created The Real American Hero version of G.I.Joe. He created the entire original 12 Joes. He created Cobra Commander, Destro, The Baroness, The Dreadnoks, and TONS of other shit in the book that eventually showed up on the cartoons and/or in the toy line.

The Devil's due series just picks up where Hama left off, and they even got him to come in and write for them.

Go here

Like I said, everyone should pick up that prequel miniseries. It's called "Declassified."

Wait.....which was the GI Joe movie? The one where they create the big snake commander dude that takes over Cobra? And they screw up at first and make the giant slimey monster that Sgt. Slaughter lays a righteous ass whipping on?

Wait.....which was the GI Joe movie? The one where they create the big snake commander dude that takes over Cobra? And they screw up at first and make the giant slimey monster that Sgt. Slaughter lays a righteous ass whipping on?

No, that was the start of either the second or third season.

The movie had the debut of Cobra-La, Burgess Merideth doing the voice for a major villain, and Cobra Commander turning into a snake.

Oh ok. If I remember right the movie just ends with the blind dude and the snake cobra wandering around the artic or something.

I do remember Cobra becoming full sized later in the series but he's still half-snake/half-man.

snaked out Cobra Commander ended up latching on with Roadblock who was blinded during an attack on Cobra La that only he managed to escape from...CC acted as his eyes and guided him back to the nearest GI Joe camp...by the time they got there, CC was so far into snake mode his mind was totally gone and he slithered off, never to be seen again until the DIC cartoons.

I know we've drifted completely off the topic, but I figured now's as good a time as any to ask. What's the deal with Snake Eyes? He was always my favorite character in the cartoon (silent ass kicker, all that kind of stuff) and I never did figure out his complete backstory. Why the mask (I think he was disfigured or something like that?), personal history, what happened to him after the cartoon and into the comic world, that kind of stuff. I bring this up because there was a picture of The Baroness in an IGN poll and it had Snake Eyes in the picture. Some past history between the two or something?

Oh yeah uh... Transformers will be cool as long as Michael Bay doesn't screw it up. There, something related to the topic.

I know we've drifted completely off the topic, but I figured now's as good a time as any to ask. What's the deal with Snake Eyes? He was always my favorite character in the cartoon (silent ass kicker, all that kind of stuff) and I never did figure out his complete backstory. Why the mask (I think he was disfigured or something like that?), personal history, what happened to him after the cartoon and into the comic world, that kind of stuff. I bring this up because there was a picture of The Baroness in an IGN poll and it had Snake Eyes in the picture. Some past history between the two or something?

Spoilers:

Snake-Eyes was on a mission with his lover Scarlett (among others) and when he rescued her from a fire, his face got burnt. Baroness was under the impression that Snake-Eyes had killed her brother, which wasn't true. After the team was disbanded, he split on Scarlett, but they got back together in the new comics that came out this decade. Otherwise, Snake-Eyes was just a Vietnam vet (later retconned that it was a later battle so make him younger for the new comics) who became a ninja and then a member of GI Joe.

I was pissed when they deleted something I put in the HHH article...I can't even remember what it was, but it wasn't bad or anything, it was some sort of factoid about him.

Oh I hope fucking not.

He's fucking red and blue and is a FLAT CAB. I wouldn't even so much care about the colors (no douchey flames though) so long as he was a flat cab. Fuck Michael Bay. Fuck him up his bad directing ass.